The BIG Comlink Watch Thread!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

RobWolf
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The BIG Comlink Watch Thread!

Post by RobWolf » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:35 am

I had a question, but I figured I could turn this into a big thread for everything Comlink. Made one? Post it here. Got an unaltered watch? Post it here.

Okay so I managed to get hold of the correct AM Radio Watch that was used for Michael's comlink watch. It was $9.99, the guy had no idea it was the watch from KR (had it listed as 'Dick Tracy' style!) it was still boxed with headphones, although the orange fluffy bits on the headphones had completely disintegrated. Incedentally the guy was a real jerk, tried to stiff me on shipping etc, AND the one he sent me was not the one he had pictured; one in the picture was in better condition, this one had pen marks on the box etc. Also, the one he pictured had FULL manufacturer's info including address on a sticker on the box, this one didn't.

I actually got it a while ago, but lost it and only recently found it. There was one on eBay the other day which was VERY similar, a copy but the dial and round deco opposite were different. Wish I'd gotten it though, there are a couple of bits on mine that could do with being replaced.

I need now to alter the fascia, I know a lot of people on here have made up excellent versions, could anyone make me one? I'll only f*ck it up if I do it myself, plus I wouldn't have the faintest idea how!

For reference:

Brands:

According to 'Nerd Watch', the watch is a generic Hong Kong made LCD model sold under a variety of brand names (Nelsonic, Gala, Advance, Quasatron, etc.) Mine is a Gala as seen in the picture, only the screen is completely intact on mine:

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Re: The BIG Comlink Watch Thread!

Post by msKEN » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:47 am

The watch case is right, but the LCD screen is wrong. Either way you got a heck of a deal!
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

maxwellmilian
Recruit

Post by maxwellmilian » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:53 am

Do something like I would. Photoshop the pic you have posted, shrink it to the proper size, and print it onto a sticker, then cover the sticker with some clear packing tape, and apply. the packing tape will protect the face and the stuff is almost as indestructible as KITT is. When the bottom printed sticker finally fails, repeat the process, and have a new watch face!

Gadjet
Rookie

Post by Gadjet » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:46 am

msKEN wrote:The watch case is right, but the LCD screen is wrong. Either way you got a heck of a deal!

I think the watch face is the same, It looks like in the series they put a sticker on it to cover most of the face to cover the date markers.

Im dead jelious, I would love a comlink watch.

Gadjet
My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/gadget127 contains my own vids Street Hawk vs Knight rider, Knight rider/Mad max music vids and lots of high octaine action

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:12 am

I think the watch face is the same, It looks like in the series they put a sticker on it to cover most of the face to cover the date markers.
Nope. Its pretty easy to spot and see its the wrong LCD. Its the right watch case but only the "Advanced" brand watch has the proper LCD (where the seconds are at the top rather then the bottom) that was used in the show at least for THAT picture. I don't think it really matters though its just a "personal" nitpick I have about finding the proper watch for my collection.

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:08 am

Wow....thanks for that, I hadn't actually noticed. Also I just noticed the two buttons appear to be tinted black on the actual watch.
So, bummer, my search continues....well, I think the one I have will be done up and worn, I'll save doing a display version til I find the correct watch.

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:18 am

Just found the above picture. Now, whilst I see what you mean about the LCD, the tuner dial is wrong on the Advance version....also interesting is that the Advance actually has an alarm; mine doesn't, but the box says it does...

Kevin Knight
Volunteer

Post by Kevin Knight » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:33 pm

There's a Star Wars one on ebay right now that looks like it too. But it would be a shame to customize one with real collectibility. Agree?

KK

Kevin Knight
Volunteer

Post by Kevin Knight » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:34 pm

There's a Star Wars one on ebay right now that looks like it too. But it would be a shame to customize one with real collectibility. Agree?

KK

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:03 pm

Not really. Wasn't too long ago someone converted one of these watches to a replica watch and it sold for $900. Seems like its worth twice as much customized in this fandom.

njamont
Volunteer

Post by njamont » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:19 am

wanna see a working commlink watch?"

check out http://www.kittsupercar.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and then videos choose the upper video

and watch it :good: