How Many Trans Am's did they wreck?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

EdwardKnoxII
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

How Many Trans Am's did they wreck?

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:29 pm

Now we've all heard the number of Chargers that were wrecked on Dukes Of Hazzard but, I've never heard about how many Trans Am were wrecked on KR. So does anyone know what the number is?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: How Many Trans Am's did they wreck?

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:37 am

When I was a kid running to the library beofre i got a computer at home.I used to print out tons of knight rider material online there.The librarian hated it because everyone had a limit of 10 pages and i got as far as 75 once on fan fics to read and organize into binders at home.Well one thing i read over 13 years ago was that David tried one stunt,flipped the car over and trashed it himself and was never allowed to do another stunt himself.I also read on the back of a Columbia House tape that the cars had 4 layers of plastic.When one got scratched they pealed it back to use another underneath.

RafaelLOJ
Operative

Post by RafaelLOJ » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:08 am

I thought I read in the Knight Rider Legacy... they got the first 2 cars off the production line... for the pilot...
Then a train carrying 32 Firebirds was in some sort of mishap, so the cars could not be legally sold as "new", GM donated them to Universal... 16 went to KR, the others to other shows... Plus, they had some cars that were just fiberglass shells for high speed / distance jumps...

No where near the 250 or so demolished for the Dukes of Hazzard...

The bloopers dvd shows a couple awesome crashes (no one hurt, but the car pretty banged up)...

Raf

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:58 am

Any idea if the stunt david did himself is on the dvds or did they cut it since he messed up. I thought I heard somewhere that david did a jump through a pane of glass himself.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

RafaelLOJ
Operative

Post by RafaelLOJ » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:20 pm

Supposedly, after a few months, David did some of the "skidding around corners" & "fast driving", but any REAL stunts were performed by stunt men...

Not sure about any other stunts not involving Kitt...

Raf

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:20 pm

I could have sworn I heard somewhere when david says I give the stunt men credit for what their bodies go through from the impact of landing a jump and how its hard on their spine.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:34 pm

I can tell you that Terry James & Jim Winburn (Hasselhoff Doubles) who attended our Saugus -Knight Rider show a few weeks back, told me that they were glad that they didnt do his car jumps for that very reason of being
so brutal on their backs.

D. Doggett. :kittspin: