A message for NBC - Knight Rider outside the US

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

A message for NBC - Knight Rider outside the US

Post by whet » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:04 am

As this board is aparently is being monitored by NBC as mentioned by Neps.

Could someone from NBC please read this?

When are you going to get Knight Rider in other countries?
I'm in the uk and am a massive Knight Rider fan.
I find it very frustrating that you can read all about the new Knight Rider see video clips pictures etc, and yet I'm not allowed to watch the series.

Please sort this out and let other countries see it.

Why bother letting the world see your website telling us how good Knight Rider is then shuting the door by not letting us see episodes? this is very cruel.

flemmo
Rookie

Re: A message for NBC.

Post by flemmo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:07 am

I'm from the UK and totally agree. We haven't even had the pilot over here yet. But I suppose someone has to want to buy it for it to be shown. Perhaps one of the digital-only channels will?

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:11 am

Well I would glady pay for episodes of I tunes, however we're not even allowed to do that.

In any case a company like NBC surely should be pushing it out for Channels to pick up?
Or maybe us in the Uk just don't matter to them?

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:43 am

I just had a thought anyone got a a contact e mail for NBC where I can exspess my views direct?

Thanks.

Mike K
Rookie

Re: A message for NBC - Knight Rider outside the US

Post by Mike K » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:02 am

Im with you in this!!!! COME ON NBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :x

Stuntman Lee
Rookie

Post by Stuntman Lee » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:53 am

Yeah if there is a email addy, i'll glad write to them and ask nicely.
Love child of The Hoff.

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:50 am

its the same for us Aussie's , we cant watch a lot of what the US show on various sites for free, not fair!! its the same with itunes in the US you can get all the old shows, were slowly starting to but its still hard
--knightman--

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:58 am

Didn't I hear somewhere that the aussies have the new KR series?

KR was a massive hit in the UK back in the 80's. I am surprised no one has snapped up the rights for the new series yet? what the heck is going? ITV, Sky, Virgin.....someone get your gears in motion!!!!!

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:45 pm

Indeed ... seeing the new KR over here 100% legally on one of our TV channels would be great.

There may well be ways and means of using unauthorised, unofficial, and/or illegal methods
to be able to see the new series, and the pilot TV movie before it, but to be honest, we'd
much rather not go to such trouble to view new episodes of our favourite TV show.

Come on NBC, please sort it out soon ... even if you can't manage to arrange deals to get
new Knight Rider on our TV networks, now you've shook hands and made up with Apple,
surely you do a deal to get new Knight Rider on the UK branch of the iTunes Store.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:01 pm

DJGM wrote:Indeed ... seeing the new KR over here 100% legally on one of our TV channels would be great.

There may well be ways and means of using unauthorised, unofficial, and/or illegal methods
to be able to see the new series, and the pilot TV movie before it, but to be honest, we'd
much rather not go to such trouble to view new episodes of our favourite TV show.

Come on NBC, please sort it out soon ... even if you can't manage to arrange deals to get
new Knight Rider on our TV networks, now you've shook hands and made up with Apple,
surely you do a deal to get new Knight Rider on the UK branch of the iTunes Store.
Yes that's my point in staring this thread.
Even if it will fall on deaf ears, maybe just maybe there is a slight chance that it won't and outsiders to the US can have a way of getting their point across.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:20 pm

It seems to me NBC is just as eager to have their show on in other countries as you all are to watch them. Perhaps you should all write your local channels that usually air NBC shows and ask them for it. I believe the decision is theirs and not NBCs.

Canada’s E was able to get the show and show it online as well. With any luck similar arrangements can be made.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:26 pm

well, the movie is on tv here next week and the series two weeks after that ( In Australia )

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:44 pm

Sue wrote:It seems to me NBC is just as eager to have their show on in other countries as you all are to watch them. Perhaps you should all write your local channels that usually air NBC shows and ask them for it. I believe the decision is theirs and not NBCs.

Canada’s E was able to get the show and show it online as well. With any luck similar arrangements can be made.
I think thats the annoying thing for us in the UK. NBC shows are split via BBC, ITV and Sky. ITV said they have no plans, BBC and Sky I don't know about. I have e-mailed Sky but had no luck so far.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

KarlKnightRider
Recruit

Post by KarlKnightRider » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:00 pm

Once the series is shown in the US, I'm sure ITV may have more will to get the rights. However, they don't appear to have any similar shows on their schedule at the moment that I can think of. The failure of the last KR incarnation, TKR probably puts them off thinking this will also be a flop.

FIVE is probably the best bet I'd imagine. Not sure what studios these shows are made by but FIVE shows many US shows such as House, CSI, Cold Cases. There's also the FiveUS channel on Digital Freeview. FIVE also were the last terrestrial channel to broadcast the original series Knight Rider, and have also shown Knight Rider 2000 a couple of times in the last few years too.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:37 pm

Yeah, I doubt any network over there is going to be interested until they see how it performs here in the first 13 episodes.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:12 am

DrWho2005 wrote:well, the movie is on tv here next week and the series two weeks after that ( In Australia )
found it here
http://au.tv.yahoo.com/tv-guide/search/ ... &x=53&y=14#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whoooo yeah yay!!
:dash4: :kittconv:
--knightman--

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:54 am

Well, I could see it going to ITV2 - they did have "The Bionic Woman" and fanfared it quite loudly when it aired - even if it's main star was a Brit. They also have "Supernatural" as well.

I am just praying to the Lord of all that is UKTV that it doesn't go to Sky - they keep nicking all the good series - (They outbid Channel 4 for "Lost" and I for one along with a great deal many other people over here can't see it now).

We did have Sky but after their naff attitude when we asked for help for an aerial problem last year, we ripped the dish off the wall and cancelled it. I'm not very keen to go back, either, when you can get a freeview recording box with all the bonuses of their Sky+ box but without the monthly tax they impose.

So, here's to hoping that Virgin, or ITV2 or anyone other than Sky gets it.

Which of course now means that Sky will get it.

:(