All in all...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

All in all...

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:25 pm

Having seen the few clips posted on the site, i have to say all in all, this new show is certainly the best to bear the name since the original. The makers on board with GST really seem to care about the oppinions of the original fans too and have already made changes accordingly.

I have to say that the turbo boost clip ive seen so far, is too much like a certain movie franchise that GST was once associated but it IS a turbo boost nonetheless, which is more than can be said for ANY other show since KR TOS has done.

I was curious as to why the new attack mode's air scoops were a matte silver rather than chrome effect when i saw the comic con footage. However, having seen the transformation and the CGI turbo boost, I've come to the (slightly cynical, I admit) conclusion that it is easier to animate, rather than 'mirror like' chrome which would have lots of reflections to incorporate...

I'd give the VFX team a break and save the turbo boost effects budget for what happens OUTSIDE the engine bay...

I'm not complaining that we (as a board and KR community) asked for something and got someones new interpretation of it. Far from it, I am grateful that the fans are being listened to and its an ongoing 'relationship' I hope which will see a whole new generation able to enjoy a show with their parents who may have been fans of the original 80's classic. Maybe both generations will get what they want.