The New Vox - Ideas and Suggestions

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: The New Vox - Ideas and Suggestions

Post by MR2NR » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:04 pm

bige12 wrote:I think after the first couple episode I'm thinking the Voice Module will change just like it did in the orginial series in the first season. in The first season of the orginial series KITTs VM was just a red box, then couple episode late they change it the 3 bars, I have feeling that will probally happen in the new series
As long as we keep the ideas flowing... It thing that red box was just a light bulb and then LED's where suggested after they had to replace the bulb after every episode :).
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:13 am

You make a good point. I think it wouldn't be too far off. BTW, I have put the globe ideas on my new site. Just click the globe icon under my name on the left here. :)

I would imagine, though, that KITT will evolve through the show. It'll be interesting to see how his different features evolve and change.

zero
Rookie

Post by zero » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:24 pm

As cool as it was to see the three bar vox mixed in, I'm digging the "eye" concepts a lot and I don't think it really fits. The main things I find I don't like about the new vox are as follows:

1.) Too much going on in one place (either the old vox, or the new one, having both looks cluttered)
2.) The wav pattern isn't very visible due to so much going on. It has to be clearly different when speaking and when not, like a mouth. Right now it's hard to see the difference.
3.) I think this part should be mechanical and not CGI. There's enough CGI on the windshield, and having something real that actually works on the dash would make it much more believable and cool. As it stands when I see it, I know that it's CG, and without the CG it's just a glass ball, and that takes something away from it for me.

That said I love the idea of the "Eye" moving around more like it's looking at stuff. I think this is a cool idea that should be expanded upon, it's a logical next step from the old KITT.

As for the scanning of the documents, again I'd like to see something more believable. The "beam" was a bit too out there for my tastes. I'd rather see something like, showing the "eye" point to the document and then switch to a first person view from kitt's perspective. From there you could show some kind of X-RAY effect where he can see through the folder and capture the text on the pages. I think if you make the tech believable LOOKING, even if it's far out, it lends a lot of credibility to it.

Thanks for reading! :)

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:41 pm

zero wrote:As cool as it was to see the three bar vox mixed in, I'm digging the "eye" concepts a lot and I don't think it really fits. The main things I find I don't like about the new vox are as follows:

1.) Too much going on in one place (either the old vox, or the new one, having both looks cluttered)
2.) The wav pattern isn't very visible due to so much going on. It has to be clearly different when speaking and when not, like a mouth. Right now it's hard to see the difference.
3.) I think this part should be mechanical and not CGI. There's enough CGI on the windshield, and having something real that actually works on the dash would make it much more believable and cool. As it stands when I see it, I know that it's CG, and without the CG it's just a glass ball, and that takes something away from it for me.

That said I love the idea of the "Eye" moving around more like it's looking at stuff. I think this is a cool idea that should be expanded upon, it's a logical next step from the old KITT.

As for the scanning of the documents, again I'd like to see something more believable. The "beam" was a bit too out there for my tastes. I'd rather see something like, showing the "eye" point to the document and then switch to a first person view from kitt's perspective. From there you could show some kind of X-RAY effect where he can see through the folder and capture the text on the pages. I think if you make the tech believable LOOKING, even if it's far out, it lends a lot of credibility to it.

Thanks for reading! :)
The whole thing with scanning of the documents is very A.I. like, the A.I. is learning and processing things in its system to counter act with it. Funny because the whole crystal ball thing and the scanning thing remind me of Cortana from Halo.

Joe