Alex Torres

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Alex Torres

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:11 pm

I admit, I wasn't thrilled when we heard they were adding another government-type character to the series. After all, wasn't that supposed to be Carrie's role? And even after Comic-Con, I didn't quite "get" the Torres character. But I like him. A lot. Or rather, I find the character interesting.

I doubt he'll ever be revealed as a true bad guy, but he obviously has his own agenda and plenty of secrets. And the dynamic between Graiman and Torres is fantastic. There is a bit of a power struggle there, where Graiman may technically have to answer to Torres. But you can just tell that the older, far-more-experienced Graiman would crush Torres like a bug politically if he wanted to. Bruce Davison is a terrific actor and you can just see the restraint in his eyes: "OK Torres, we'll play it your way... for now."

I see good things to come.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Alex Torres

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:23 pm

Yeah, it should result in a some good conflict at least for the first season or maybe first half, it's something I really can't see being kept up for more than one season though.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:28 pm

I like a lot what is going on betwen the two and I have a feeling Torres might have a hidden agenda and something he doesn't want uncovered. This is what I believe is between Mike and Torres:

They might have both in the war, Torres did something to Mike and erased his memory and now has to hide it from having Mike come after him for something he did.

What do you guys think?

Joe

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:31 pm

Yes, but since Torres is a little more administrative, I'm pretty sure he's some kind of mastermind in the black ops that Mike doesn't remember.
And Graiman's comment, well, I'm pretty sure that it's also there because of what those erasings and black ops did to Sarah, since it did her serious hurt.
I can see Mike having the choice to kill a defenseless Torres, but KITT stops him with reasoning, and Torres is led away by Carrie.

I still wonder how KITT will handle Torres with what he has discovered. With the sort of Niles from The Nanny attitude to Sarah and Mike's relationship coming along... we'll see. But I still see Sarah's doubts about Mike's past as a barrier that could become stronger.
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:17 pm

JJSoCrazy wrote:I like a lot what is going on betwen the two and I have a feeling Torres might have a hidden agenda and something he doesn't want uncovered. This is what I believe is between Mike and Torres:

They might have both in the war, Torres did something to Mike and erased his memory and now has to hide it from having Mike come after him for something he did.

What do you guys think?

Joe
Graiman did say to Torres "he will find out and he will come after you" or something to that effect

I'd say your in the right ballpark.

It'll be intresting to see how this story pans out.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:00 pm

I think Graiman knows Torres' secret. Why did he (Graiman) pick Mike in the first place (note the original pilot)? There's something going on, and the two are both in on it. So in a way, they are both dark. And you don't know what dark secrets KITT might have as a result...

And what KITT might do when he finds out all the secrets...

Will make for a great show!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:27 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:I think Graiman knows Torres' secret. Why did he (Graiman) pick Mike in the first place (note the original pilot)? There's something going on, and the two are both in on it. So in a way, they are both dark. And you don't know what dark secrets KITT might have as a result...

It will make for an interesting story arc for sure.

Could end up leading to a dark Kitt.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:07 pm

weeezl wrote:
FuzzieDice wrote:I think Graiman knows Torres' secret. Why did he (Graiman) pick Mike in the first place (note the original pilot)? There's something going on, and the two are both in on it. So in a way, they are both dark. And you don't know what dark secrets KITT might have as a result...

It will make for an interesting story arc for sure.

Could end up leading to a dark Kitt.
I think that's the idea a lot of us are thinking. Hasselhoff and KITT will have to come save the day.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:12 pm

tamatt27 wrote: I think that's the idea a lot of us are thinking. Hasselhoff and KITT will have to come save the day.
I really want to see that! hopefully something will materialise near the end of the season.

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:28 pm

It might be wishfull thinking on my part but maybe...just maybe ....................Alex Torres = Garth's son??? Might be a way of bringin the Hoff back to save his son. Only time will tell. But I seriously believe Torres is a tie to the original series.

:kitt: :kittconv2:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:47 pm

I'd prefer Torres' story be more complex than just "He's a bad guy." I'd prefer his motivations be something he believes is right and necessary for the "greater good" at the cost of individual liberties (such as Mike's memory). Maybe he sent Mike on special ops missions that were so terrible the government doesn't want anyone (including Mike himself) to know. They certainly hinted at this when Mike and Sarah were talking about his military past. Give him some better motivation than just "I'm eeeeeevil, muhahahaha!!!"
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:30 am

nee716 wrote:It might be wishfull thinking on my part but maybe...just maybe ....................Alex Torres = Garth's son??? Might be a way of bringin the Hoff back to save his son. Only time will tell. But I seriously believe Torres is a tie to the original series.

:kitt: :kittconv2:

Yeah, I think he might be a bit too old for that, I'd say he's somewhere in his mid to late 30s. Don't think he's going to have any connection with the original series, at least when it comes to being the son of Garth or anything like that.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:33 pm

I have a feeling that wherever this will lead to will be what defines Mike and KITT's relationship.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Towards the end of the episode KITT reminded Mike that he is property of Knight Industries, as the story goes on and KITT finds out more about the people that he is surrounded by I'm sure he will form his own alliances. His free thinking will develop loyalties regardless of who owns him, where his allegiance will be I have no idea at this point, probably Mike and Sarah when it comes down to it. Remember Charles said "there is no override, that would defeat the purpose of artificial intelligence". I think that line will hold a lot water so to speak throughout the first season...ok guys lol I'm done "thinking"...I think :lol:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:06 pm

Styles - That one episode where Micheal Knight shot Devon reminds me of just the same thing. Remember how KITT handled it?

I just thought of something else too. What if all that Mike Tracer went through in Iraq was actually training for the Foundation and he didn't know it, and thus his memory erased so he would be working for the Foundation? Which is why they know but he don't?

Would be another interesting twist. It seems like Graiman is a Devon of sorts but Torres is kinda like Wilton Knight (but not a dying old man). I know it might seem opposite but... I dunno. It just could go either way I guess.

mads64738
Volunteer

Post by mads64738 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:10 pm

Stylez wrote:I have a feeling that wherever this will lead to will be what defines Mike and KITT's relationship.
I think your spoiler sounds like the start of the journey towards the "Dark KI3T" that GST mentioned. In the last few minutes of the first episode,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
we see KI3T listen in on Graiman and Torres, and also scan Michael's top-secret dossier from the war. My view is that KI3T may turn against the Foundation to protect Michael, and possibly Sarah and Charles too, especially if Torres has to keep Michael from remembering his past...

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:28 am

Maybe one day Michael and KI3T would have to break away from the foundation and go rogue. And in order to pull it away, he will ask for help from The Hoff and KI2T, maybe The Hoff will face Graiman and Torres to turn the foundation back to the 'right way'. It may lead to an interesting arc should it really happen.

Hoff Knight: "This isn't the way Graiman. This isn't what Devon and Wilton would have wanted." :good:

Just a thought, it will be interesting if The Hoff could join in the KITT Cave team. So they will have two parent - child relationship in the team. The Graimans and the Longs... I mean the Knights.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good: