epsiode 1 rant

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

epsiode 1 rant

Post by DevonStyles » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:06 am

I watched the first 5 minutes or so and that turbo boost looked like crap... very fake looking. I'll have to watch it a few more times but I dunno, it could have been alot better.

The one thing that kinda bugged me is the dialog between michael and kitt is like were on season 4 already. I was hoping we would have more of a break in period vs what their doing now. It's like they are talking like brothers would to each other.

I quit watching because I want to watch it on tv, but who knows if I can hold out.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Re: epsiode 1 rant

Post by DevonStyles » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:22 am

just watched it again... it looks like crap. Very fake looking. What's with the lighted up KR... Horrible. What's with the words on the screen... turbo boost. I hate to say it but it looks very amatur

It would of been 10X better if kitt would have just pushed the cars out of the way, and took off and saved a turbo boost for something cool like jumping a bridge or something.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:27 am

This is a series that will continue to evolve, so too will the special effects. It's very hard to make a car jumping from a stationary position legit, and I think they went a long way to make it happen.

We were able to watch a 2nd Turbo Boost for a later episode, and I honestly must admit that it felt more true to the original series - so all I can say is just wait. :D

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:46 pm

I agree that there could've been alot things in the first episode that could've been done way better. But it was a nice start to highlight a brief piece of Mike's past in the military & show his transition to becoming Michael Knight. & I think that Justin Burening is right for the role as the new "lone crusader", like Bruce Davidson makes a wonderful successor as "Graiman" to "Devon Miles" & Deanna Russo as "Sarah Graiman" to "Bonnie Barstow" & to be honest in my opinion those three are enough to make the "Series" work.
Because Paul Campbell, Smith Cho, Yancey Arias, & Sydney Tamaii Potier's characters need to be more of guest spots rather than frequent "regulars" on the series, because in my opinion they are just a waste of dialogue & should be treated as background characters really providing support only when things get really out of hand at FLAG. Although, I do like seeing Sydney & Smith when they have camera time, they sure are "eye candy".
And one more thing I would like to add "yes, we know K.IT.T. is a Ford & Ford is providing the vehicles", but they need to stop with the subliminal advertising "to buy Ford" & keep it simple with the driving scenes of K.I.T.T. & other vehicles. Also k.I.T.T.'s rims & emblems on the exterior should all be "black", the car would look better that way to me, but that's just my opinion on this episode.
I really hope that the next upcoming episodes of "Knight Rider" are alot better & worth watching & recording because if the following episodes are a "replay" of this episode who's to say what will happen, but best of luck to the series.
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:00 pm

I liked it. I have never seen a pilot episode of any series that lived up to expectations. Its usuallt alot of character meeting and not alot of plot or story. I will say this pilot was probably the best I have seen in a long time. decent story lots of effects ect. :kitt:

mads64738
Volunteer

Post by mads64738 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:04 pm

DevonStyles wrote:just watched it again... it looks like crap. Very fake looking. What's with the lighted up KR... Horrible. What's with the words on the screen... turbo boost. I hate to say it but it looks very amatur

It would of been 10X better if kitt would have just pushed the cars out of the way, and took off and saved a turbo boost for something cool like jumping a bridge or something.
Hello,

As has already been stated, it looks like the Turbo Boost will become more 'natural' as the series evolves.

To me, this first Turbo Boost smacked of the classic 'Trajectory Guide' from Season 2. Have to salute the CGI team - looked great to me! :)

Drift-King
Volunteer

Post by Drift-King » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Judge from what i saw in the trailer, i think the "trajectory guide turbo boost" look awesome. Before you whine that i am wrong, i did saw the old series and they have to use a model car to make look like Kitt jump" when they use trajectory guide turbo boost.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:50 pm

Stealthwalker wrote: . . . they need to stop with the subliminal advertising "to buy Ford" & keep
it simple with the driving scenes of K.I.T.T. & other vehicles . . .
That's one reason why the new Knight Rider series may not be seen on TV in the UK.
Our broadcast regulator Ofcom, has strict rules against blatant product placement
in shows broadcast on network TV over here, Program sponsors are not allowed
to have any undue commercial influence on the shows they sponsor.

mads64738
Volunteer

Post by mads64738 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:22 pm

DJGM wrote: That's one reason why the new Knight Rider series may not be seen on TV in the UK.
Our broadcast regulator Ofcom, has strict rules against blatant product placement
in shows broadcast on network TV over here, Program sponsors are not allowed
to have any undue commercial influence on the shows they sponsor.
Whilst that's true, there wasn't anything within the first episode that would fall into this category - can't remember any of the characters referring to Ford 'products'. Even if they did, can you even buy an F-150 pickup in the UK? ;)

Does the raise the question - if this does make it to the UK and on to a commercial channel, is it likely that Ford would sponsor KR?