Time to Take Stock...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Time to Take Stock...

Post by trissybabes » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:24 am

Well, we should stop and think a minute here...

We're days away from a new era in KR history and after this point, we will all have the buzz and excitement of the new series to dissect on a week by week basis in a way NOBODY had when the original aired, thanks mainly to the sterling work of everybody behind the scenes of KRO.

So, thanks to them and also to those at NBC who had enough faith in the project to get it off the ground.

Let's hope now that it's as successful in the US as the new Doctor Who has been in the UK so that we can be assured of many seasons of adrenaline filled action!

Great times - I haven't had such a buzz from TV series since 1986!

:good:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: Time to Take Stock...

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:12 am

I agree! And I'm very happy to be a part of this as well, doing the podcasts. I'm also VERY busy with it, thankfully, due to all the cool stuff that there is to report especially now with the new series. It's amazing! I think now with the type of technology and having the internet which we didn't have in the 80s, we have a better chance of getting the word out and all that. But hats off to the KR production crew and NBC as they too have been advertising the show in every way possible.

Folks, Knight Rider is gonna be BIG! :)

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:49 am

I remember discovering this site about 10 years ago (really, has it been THAT long???) when TKR had just come out in the US and there was none of the interest in the show at the timethat there is this time around. Nor was there any contributions on this board from people involved in the production.

Definitely hats off to all involved at KROnline and thankyou to all the people from the production of the new series who choose to make themselves known on here too...

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:03 pm

It sure is different being a Knight Rider fan these days than it was in the 80's :D
In 1982 I had no clue about Knight Rider, until in 1984 when it started here in Finland and got hooked in it. At least now I know about the new KR tv-series & have seen preview photos and videos even I probably see it from TV here next year at the earliest. Thanks to internet now it's great times to be a Knight Rider fan no matter what country you live in :)

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:51 am

Just like to add, Knight Rider Online for me has been the only KR website that matters. That is thanks to Mike, Neil and the friendly moderators. The whole community in general is unlike others I have visited with a welcoming environment to old-timer such as myself back in the old days of Mikes TKR site and the old school KRO forum to the current newbies all taking their first visit into the KR world.

In the coming months I hope we will see more fans come to the board but please be aware this new show maybe the only thing they know to be KR. We could be at a critical junction where we find out if KR and KR08 fans can be harmonious or it turns into Transformers Beast Wars/animated/etc is better than G1 arguments I have seen often on other boards.

I'd also like to thank in advance, to all crew members working on KR08 in taking the time to visit these forums, giving us insight and answering the fans questions.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Rjaniz
Recruit

Post by Rjaniz » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:30 pm

The fact that Knight Rider crew actually checks these boards is just friggin awesome.

Thanks guys for listening (and actually ignoring some) to the fans!