Series Continues Artwork...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

HanzenRider
Volunteer

Series Continues Artwork...

Post by HanzenRider » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:09 am

Hi, I'm Jason. None of you know me because I barely post on here but you all will see how big of a fan I am of Knight Rider. I love the fact that they are bringing back Knight Rider even though I dont agree with some things that are being done to the series. It doesn't matter anyway because I plan to watch it. I play with photoshop a lot and I like to modify pictures all the time and I came up with this poster for the new show. Let me know what ya think?!

here ya go!

Also, just so you guys know, I have plenty more like this poster... for the original Knight rider series plus the back door pilot from Feburary 17th opening.
:kitt2:
HanzenRider

FX23
Operative

Re: Series Continues Artwork...

Post by FX23 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:08 pm

cant wait to see them

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:53 pm

how about the tag line "One Man Still Makes a Difference...." ???

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:58 pm

That won't work, because there are way too many cast members! :mrgreen:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Nice but you might want to change that to 22 years, just to be a little more accurate. :good:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:35 pm

kitt2k wrote:
That won't work, because there are way too many cast members! :mrgreen:
At the end of the pilot, Carrie Ravai says the FBI had known for some time that CG was building KITT, its not clear if she also knew of his intention to resurrect the foundation but if they were aware of that then the team at Knight Research would have already have been in the process of being assembled, or perhaps were already involved in KITTs creation under Charles Graiman's instruction.

The presence of Mike Traceur as the primary field operative and KITTs primary driver is what makes the difference to the "team" behind him, which is why i thought that might work...

And wasnt the original theme by GL and SP, on which the new one is based, actually called "one man can make a difference....?"

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:43 pm

One man...
his on again off again girlfriend...
her dad...
an FBI Agent...
a computer nerd...
the mission boss...
and another lady...

can make a difference. :D

Just kidding, no one is a big supporter of the new show than I am. Just funny what today's television shows have in regular cast member numbers, let a lone the guest stars. No wonder these shows are so expensive to make!

KnightRiderFan1051
Recruit

Post by KnightRiderFan1051 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:31 pm

first of to be accurate 2008-1982=26 years not 22 lol :mrgreen:

secondly that artwork is cool as hell wish I could do stuff like that

thirdly I love the "one make is still making a difference" yes he has people behind him and everything but even in the original series it wasn't to often you saw bonnie/devon/april throwing punches .... although RC3 has a case because he did throw a few but it's basically about the one man and the cool talking car!!! lol
Mike B
KnightRiderFan1051

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:41 pm

No, to be accurate with the "____ Years Later" you'd have to go from when the last episode aired, which would be 1986, which is what I was doing. Now if you wanted to get more accurate, one could go by the day, hours, minutes and seconds as well. :P
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightRiderFan1051
Recruit

Post by KnightRiderFan1051 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:02 pm

see I was going by when the series started because that's what I was assuming they were talking about in the pilot movie michael knight says 25 years ago a man on his deathbed bequeathed the idea to me that one man can make a difference. Which happened in 1982 when the original KR series premiered not in 86 when it ended

OFF TOPIC material:
another perfect example of a 20+ year anniversay is the transformers it's 20th year was 2004 because it started in 1984.

Optimus Prime Vs KITT anyone wanna take bets?? :mrgreen: :good:

AND SORRY ppl my last post in here was mispelled I just saw it grrrrrr it was supposed to be

"One man is still making a difference"

not "one make is still making a difference" my PC sucks I so need to switch to Mac!!!!
Mike B
KnightRiderFan1051

HanzenRider
Volunteer

Post by HanzenRider » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:07 pm

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments about the artwork... :roll:

Who CARES how many years it has been... In 1982, when the series first came out, it was supposedly taking place in 1985. Also, when did the foundation supposedly shut down after 1986? Does that mean the last episode aired was supposedly taking place in 1989? NOBODY knows the accurate years the series really took place. Michael Knight spoke to his son about his moment with Wilton Knight 25 years ago. The years are hard to pinpoint so I figured, I'd put down 25 years later, Plain and simple. I've wrestled with "one man can make a difference" theme. Its not just Mike anymore. It looks like his on/off girlfriend is gonna go on missions with him. I dont know what their goal is for this series so I went with what I came up with. That poster is for Series premiere. I still am waiting to decide if i should make a Season One poster.

I guess nobody cares about the other posters I've made.
:kitt:
HanzenRider

KnightRiderFan1051
Recruit

Post by KnightRiderFan1051 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:21 pm

generally speaking the anniversaries of Tv shows are either 25 years after the first episode or the series finale episode so we are both right. But with them bringing wilton knight up in the movie I thought they meant the very beginning

techinically speaking on when the foundation shutdown I would argue it never did because after the original series ended in 86 they came back with KR2000 in 1990 and even though they were struggling to keep it open and get funding then and even though devon died they were still going strong with a NEW RED :x KITT and the girl Shawn I hated the RED KIFT the four thousand sucked!!!!!!!

as far as the final episode I DO NOT consider Voodoo Knight the series finale

Scent Of Roses was the series finale in my mind. GL and DH even said in the commentary on KR Season 1 of Knight Of The Phoenix that they thought the network was going to put Scent of Roses at the end of the fourth season. Because MK left the Foundation to be with Stevie and then went back after her death.

That would make more damn sense then that voodoo knight crap. Anyways I know I'm rambling but that's my logic on it .

OFF TOPIC again:
I started getting into ABC's One Life To Live Soap back in 2003 and was SHOCKED to realize that Stevie (Caatherine Hickland) was a character on there she plays Lindsey.
Mike B
KnightRiderFan1051

KnightRiderFan1051
Recruit

Post by KnightRiderFan1051 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:24 pm

HanzenRider wrote:Hi, I'm Jason. None of you know me because I barely post on here but you all will see how big of a fan I am of Knight Rider. I love the fact that they are bringing back Knight Rider even though I dont agree with some things that are being done to the series. It doesn't matter anyway because I plan to watch it. I play with photoshop a lot and I like to modify pictures all the time and I came up with this poster for the new show. Let me know what ya think?!

here ya go!

Also, just so you guys know, I have plenty more like this poster... for the original Knight rider series plus the back door pilot from Feburary 17th opening.

love the artwork keep up the excellent work
Mike B
KnightRiderFan1051

HanzenRider
Volunteer

Post by HanzenRider » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:32 pm

KnightRiderFan1051 wrote: they came back with KR2000 in 1990 and even though they were struggling to keep it open and get funding then and even though devon died they were still going strong with a NEW RED :x KITT and the girl Shawn I hated the RED KIFT the four thousand sucked!!!!!!!

as far as the final episode I DO NOT consider Voodoo Knight the series finale

Scent Of Roses was the series finale in my mind. GL and DH even said in the commentary on KR Season 1 of Knight Of The Phoenix that they thought the network was going to put Scent of Roses at the end of the fourth season. Because MK left the Foundation to be with Stevie and then went back after her death.

That would make more damn sense then that voodoo knight crap. Anyways I know I'm rambling but that's my logic on it .
The new Knight Rider series will be based on the original series. NBC is moving forward with the new series like KR2000 and Team Knight Rider never existed. I also agree about the series finale "Scent of Roses"
HanzenRider

HanzenRider
Volunteer

Post by HanzenRider » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:42 pm

Just another poster teaser...

Here's the backdoor pilot poster I made for my Knight Rider party I had back in Feb. 17th when the movie first aired. What ya think? :good:

This poster is meant to make you feel like the original Knight Rider never ended. Just a new man, new car, but same magic.

I apologize if there's some clippings on the right side but the poster is originally 11x17'' and I had to trim it down.
HanzenRider

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:14 pm

That last one is great! Care to make it the size of a desktop background?
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:09 pm

KnightRiderFan1051 wrote:Optimus Prime Vs KITT anyone wanna take bets??
I once wrote somthing on DeviantART called "KITT Facts" and it once stated(I'm sounding professional for humorous reasons),that in a fight between The General Lee and Optimus Prime,the winner would be KITT(The original or new one,which ever you want to win).
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:28 pm

KnightRiderFan1051 wrote:Optimus Prime Vs KITT anyone wanna take bets?? :mrgreen: :good:
the original KITT did take on Optimus Prime in the shape of KARR voiced by Peter Cullen (if memory serves me right...)

KnightRiderFan1051
Recruit

Post by KnightRiderFan1051 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:41 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:
KnightRiderFan1051 wrote:Optimus Prime Vs KITT anyone wanna take bets?? :mrgreen: :good:
the original KITT did take on Optimus Prime in the shape of KARR voiced by Peter Cullen (if memory serves me right...)
you are correct sir peter cullen did play the first voice of KARR but I was saying the KITT car vs Optimus Prime the tractor trailer semi lol the pictures below are of Optimus Prime and KITT

i HOPE THEY WORKED I'm not to familiar with posting pics in forums lol
Mike B
KnightRiderFan1051

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:47 pm

Kitt would win as Optimus Prime does not have MBS. Optimus Prime is a standard truck, albeit one that can transform...

Drift-King
Volunteer

Post by Drift-King » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:52 am

Actually Optimus Prime is an alien lifeform and he got nanobots as his blood so he can repair himself anytime.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:19 am

HanzenRider wrote:Thanks for all of the wonderful comments about the artwork... :roll:

Who CARES how many years it has been... In 1982, when the series first came out, it was supposedly taking place in 1985. Also, when did the foundation supposedly shut down after 1986? Does that mean the last episode aired was supposedly taking place in 1989? NOBODY knows the accurate years the series really took place. Michael Knight spoke to his son about his moment with Wilton Knight 25 years ago. The years are hard to pinpoint so I figured, I'd put down 25 years later, Plain and simple. I've wrestled with "one man can make a difference" theme. Its not just Mike anymore. It looks like his on/off girlfriend is gonna go on missions with him. I dont know what their goal is for this series so I went with what I came up with. That poster is for Series premiere. I still am waiting to decide if i should make a Season One poster.

I guess nobody cares about the other posters I've made.
:kitt:
Oh come on, don't being so dramatic. :roll: We were discussing an aspect of your first one, it's not as if we went off topic and started talking about the weather, our beverage of choice or something else that had nothing to do with it.

If you're going to write something on it, it ought to be accurate. Since when did the show at the start supposedly take place in 1985? I don't recall ever coming across that in the show or reading anything about that, there's no point to even have done that other than to make the show look dated faster. Production (which I'd prefer, especially with things like the Scent of Roses/Voodoo Knight issue) or airing dates might not be an accurate way to date when an episode takes place but unless there's a actual indication of the time shown during an show, it's pretty likely it took place somewhere close to that time, certainly within the year it first aired. You wrote "25 years later, the Foundation returns" going by that, I would go by the year of the last episode and we basically lost touch with the KR universe and what's happened in it since, aside from the awful KR2000 and TKR which thankfully both are ignored. I guess I can see the idea of going from the start instead of the end even if at least to me it doesn't make sense to have something be "returning" from a point when it was active, it could be worded differently, I was going to suggest something but it then reminded me about what was said in TKR, about "____ years ago, one man made a difference" or however they went about it and including the "today there's a team blah blah blah" yeah nowhere close to what was said, I'm just too tired to care. I didn't say that the Foundation ceased to exist in 1986 either but the stories surrounding FLAG and the characters ceased to exist after that point since the show was canceled. The Foundation could have been around for another decade, or hell two decades as far as we know at this point since the pilot picks up in 2008.

Now, you want more feedback on the images? Fine. The first one is alright, but the gray scaling done on the bottom half is a little too dark in places, it might just be the lighting in the original photo but it's something that could and should be corrected slightly. I do like the retaining of the red for the scanner, however the Knight Rider segment you cut and pasted from the promo shot looks out of place and doesn't blend well with the rest of it in my opinion.

The second one, first, the font you used for what you wrote is a pain to read and the average person wouldn't even bother trying to read it, much of the time it isn't even forming the full letter which just makes it more annoying. Then there's the Hasselhoff picture, now I know that it's probably a little tough finding a good, high quality shot to use and maybe you were going for a little bit of a ghost effect however his head looks huge compared to Mike's and makes it look like he takes up a lot more room, but again that might be fine for a "ghost" like effect, on the other hand it at least to me, makes it look like more importance is being placed on the past with David/Michael than the future with Justin/Mike. There's also the obvious specks around his mouth that need to obviously be corrected. I might be alone in this and I know there's not a whole lot to work with when it comes to images, but after nine months of seeing it I'm absolutely sick of that promo shot with Mike and the car.

Anyway, with all that said, they're not bad, just could use a bit more tweaking to make them better. :skar:

HanzenRider
Volunteer

Post by HanzenRider » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:15 am

PHOENIXZERO:

Thanks for the comment and feedbacks. I wasnt being so dramatic. Knight Rider was never that clear about the years taking place. 25 years was just a statement. I mean its almost 25 years but not yet. The topic got changed toward to transformer and Kitt so the main point of this thread sort of got lost until you said something. I thank you for your feedback and I know Im not always accurate. My whole point of this thread was to show how much I enjoy Knight Rider and I have a skill to make "movie-like" posters for the old and new series and Im willing to share them. Only reason why I havent shown them all yet is because I dont want anyone else to take credit for them except for NBC promos photos since I included them. I've had a bad experience with that sort of thing in the past. Im only trying to have fun with this thread and share with everyone else.

:good:
HanzenRider