NEW VILLAIN CAR, Please Help Promote...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

projectomni
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

NEW VILLAIN CAR, Please Help Promote...

Post by projectomni » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:16 pm

So where do i begin? ----The producer, Gary Scott Thompson, has already shown interest in having villain vehicles put into the show. So to offset the major Ford presence in the show and to appease some of the hardcore knightrider/GM Trans Am fans, I came up with an idea that needs to be supported. Like in the movie TRANSFORMERS, there were GM cars as good vehicles and a FORD vehicle as a bad vehicle. Lets turn the tables for the new KR series. Let's make my car a new Villain car for KITT to go up against. That's right, I said, my car. I will put some pics on here of me and the car. Please help me support this idea. I would love to be part of the show in any way possible, it would be a dream come true....You can help support me by posting positive responses to my forum thread under this url: http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=802271 ------ also my profile on there is http://my.nbc.com/MercuryMax?v=1 and my channel on youtube is www.youtube.com/mercurymax - please help support me with this idea....your help would be awesomely appreciated!!!

Now for some pics:

Please help me support this idea!!! I think it would be great for the show and a dream come true for me!!!

FX23
Operative

Re: NEW VILLAIN CAR, Please Help Promote...

Post by FX23 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:35 am

nice work brother

projectomni
Volunteer

Post by projectomni » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:47 am

Thank you so much, for your positive response. Here are some interior pics...

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:06 pm

nice work

Stuntman Lee
Rookie

Post by Stuntman Lee » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:39 pm

Hey that's a nice car looking car, a real mean machine!
Love child of The Hoff.

projectomni
Volunteer

Post by projectomni » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:26 am

:kitt: thank you guys!

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:59 pm

I would cast your car as how KI2T would look now, having retired a few years ago

the villain car (i suspect) is going to turn out to be the new KITT as GST hinted... at least at some point during the series...

Knight452
Operative

Post by Knight452 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:04 pm

I would love to see that.
Show's Over...Go Home!

projectomni
Volunteer

Post by projectomni » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:41 pm

Thanks for your support guys! I really appreciate the comments. Please check out my channel on youtube. Here is a link to one of our latest videos...I think you'll enjoy it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYC1ore0HaA

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:45 pm

Nice car.

But considering how much Ford has invested in the new show....
I doubt it will happen.
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:55 pm

HisNameisGarth wrote:Nice car.

I doubt it will happen.
R-i-g-h-t because KRO from Team Knight Rider (A Ford sponsored show) was a ford probe, oh wait no he wasn't. :roll:
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:09 am

projectomni wrote:Thank you so much, for your positive response. Here are some interior pics...
ah man, I was hoping that digital dashboard image meant you had actually replaced your analog dash with digital instruments :( maybe a project for the future? :)

digital dashes are SO cool :)

projectomni
Volunteer

Post by projectomni » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:00 am

Yea, I've actually got a lot of projects in mind, but I'm definitely not heavy on cash, so its all taking time....I've got a custom scanner in work, I've got exhaust parts, pacesetter headers, electrical cut-out, and some lowering springs, all waiting to be installed, just don't have the money for it right now. I'm also designing a computer systerm to go onto the passenger side with integrated satellite weather by XM (XMWx) and satellite Internet and I'm still trying to figure out what functions and systems i'm going to actually integrate into an overhead unit. So I've got a lot of cool stuff in mind, just not enough money to get it done all at once....but don't worry, everything will eventually come together and all be completely functional, outlandish and useful at the same time. The radio alone cost me $3k with the install. I've also gone thru a lot of problems financially, so I'm working on all this as diligently as i can.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:19 am

msKEN wrote:
HisNameisGarth wrote:Nice car.

I doubt it will happen.
R-i-g-h-t because KRO from Team Knight Rider (A Ford sponsored show) was a ford probe, oh wait no he wasn't. :roll:

And KRO was the best thing about that show.... Granted that's not saying much, but KRO was still awesome.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

projectomni
Volunteer

Post by projectomni » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:44 am

LoL, KRO was the only reason I tried to watch the show, everything else was done in a "PowerRangers-Like" Fashion. It was not too cool. By the way, if you've seen one of my first videos, my car is actually called "KRONOS" (Knight Robotics Organization Neo Omniscience System)

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:02 pm

You do realize Ford donated only a couple cars to the pathetic TKR. Probably a hundred grand or so of an investment. Besides, when a tree falls in an empty forest -- does it make a sound? TKR's ratings were sad compared to the February KR pilot film.

Ford already invested in the neighborhood 7-10 million on cross-promotion, vehicle support and other assets to this new series. They are going to try to avoid making a Pontiac look good at anything. Heck, Will Arnett got fired as the voice of KITT because he did voice work for GMC Trucks.... Same kinda thing.

KRO was the best TKR episode, IMO. It was still awful by most measures.
Ford likely disavowed TKR's existence long ago.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:38 pm

HisNameisGarth wrote:
Ford already invested in the neighborhood 7-10 million on cross-promotion, vehicle support and other assets to this new series. They are going to try to avoid making a Pontiac look good at anything. Heck, Will Arnett got fired as the voice of KITT because he did voice work for GMC Trucks.... Same kinda thing.

I hope that wont a affect a possible appearance of the Knight 2000..

Then again the Trans-Am is now classic status and seeing as its not sold anymore, Ford should`nt have a problem (fingers crossed)

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:28 pm

Well, I would bet a large sum that the Knight 2000 will show up again this season --
with David H. behind the wheel. Its going to be a balancing act, they aren't going to
want to upstage the Knight 3000..... But, it'll happen if GST is given enough time.

projectomni
Volunteer

Post by projectomni » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:53 am

Well i just saw the newest commercial for Knight Rider, and it look like there is a Lamboghini in it. So maybe there won't be a problem with putting a T/A in as a villain car after all? Besides, if they use mine, i would definitely allow for modifications to be done, as long as it looks good and sleek and NOT OVERDONE. I still am really hoping to have casting call chance for my car.... :kitt2:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:36 am

Let's just say hypothetically they did decide to use your car. Do you really want them messing it up? No doubt as a "villain" against the K3000, it would have to do some serious stuntwork, be rigged with explosives/squibs or some form of reflected damage and so on. If you're expecting them to just drive around in it and not ding it up or put it through a battery of aggressive stunts, I think you'd be disappointed.

It is a sleek and impressive looking car no doubt but to be used in the show as a central "character" like K.A.R.R. was, I just don't see it happening in the way you might imagine it. In order to keep your car in pristine condition it would basically have to be like Bumblebee in the first Transformers, shown driving mostly with no real intense stuntwork involved.

Perhaps they could replace your car with some CGI doppleganger or *gasp* a miniature but I don't see NBC ponying up the money to do so. Regardless I wish you well in your quest to fulfill a personal dream.

I think at best realistically they might like your car, then rebuild another couple like it. The most you would get out of the deal is the bragging rights to say they were inspired by your car and that's about it.

=VK=
:dash:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:42 am

Speaking of K.R.O....
K_R_O__Deleted_Artwork_by_valaryc.jpg
K_R_O__Deleted_Artwork_by_valaryc.jpg (53.57 KiB) Viewed 19361 times
8)

=VK=

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:34 am

wasn't KRO short for Knight Reformation One?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:06 am

K.R.O., (pronounced Crow, an acronym for Knight Reformulation One) was supposed to have been the replacement for KITT (however the TKR series gives no mention of the Knight Rider 2000 TV movie, where the Knight 4000 was KITT's original replacement). KRO is a modified black Ferrari F355 with a highly unstable AI. After events that led to his murdering of five people, KRO was deactivated. KRO's operator, Martin Jantzen, was equally unstable. KRO later escapes to kill his creator and FLAG is forced to destroy him. K.R.O. was voiced by John B. Wells. There are parallels with KARR, KITT's misprogrammed prototype in the original series.

From - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Knight_Rider

The car is identified as K.R.O., the Knight Reformulation One, a black Ferrari designed by FLAG to replace KITT and Michael Knight. Like the current TKR vehicles, KRO's personality was extracted from its driver, in this case, Martin Jantzen. Martin was hand-picked by Marland to replace Michael Knight but was later discovered to be unstable, and KRO adopted the same character flaws. Kyle goes to speak to Jantzen, who is in the White Sands detention facility, while the rest of the team attempt to stop KRO. Kyle resents Marland's failure to tell them that KRO was on the crashed plane.

From Mike's site - http://www.teamknightrider.com/episodes/104/104eps.html

It's "Knight Reformulation One".

I do my homework.

=VK=

projectomni
Volunteer

Post by projectomni » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:34 pm

Let's just say hypothetically they did decide to use your car. Do you really want them messing it up? No doubt as a "villain" against the K3000, it would have to do some serious stuntwork, be rigged with explosives/squibs or some form of reflected damage and so on. If you're expecting them to just drive around in it and not ding it up or put it through a battery of aggressive stunts, I think you'd be disappointed.
Actually, I expect all of that. I'd even like to be there when it happens. I drive it like I stole it anyway...why should i be displeased if a professional does the same...I'm not worried about how they would treat the car, I know they wouldn't completely destroy it. They wouldn't do anything worse to it that I've not already done, have you seen my youtube videos?

Again, thank you for your support! And letting me know what might to expect! I'm still definitely all Gung-ho over the idea! and LOL, it would be a really lame episode if they just drove it around slowly - that just wouldn't be Knight Rider at all! I wanna see some slides, spins, wall crashes, and chases! ;-) ---- man that would be so hot!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:17 pm

Absolutely agree on that and you have a very cool car. I've seen your car around before but thanks for sharing some better photos of it. It's a great looking conversion.

=VK=