Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
User avatar
Michael Pajaro
Advisor
Posts: 3082
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:34 pm

I apologize if I have to be a little vague...

Sometimes I am privy to "industry insider" information which, as a courtesy, I keep to myself. But I'm starting to hear published tidbits here and there so I think at this point it's OK to share.

As we've heard before, Gary Scott Thompson has been talking to Hasselhoff about making an appearance on the show. Hasselhoff has agreed, and it was just an issue of scheduling. Well it seems that Hasselhoff's involvement may be much larger than we were led to believe. Rather that just making a single guest appearance, they are working on a major, multi-episode story arc featuring Hasselhoff. Negotiations aren't final and they wouldn't begin filming for a little while, but don't be surprised to see The Hoff getting some significant screen time for a few weeks in the second half of the season.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

User avatar
JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:12 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yonkers, NY
Contact:

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:46 pm

Wow!!!! Mike you just made my day lol. You could even ask Neil how excited I was asking him what happened with NBC and their talk they had with Hasselhoff! I hope this works out and we see Hasselhoff in it soon! Now what about KI2T? They could use someone's replica or just use the gumball 3000 one if they want too! Also WD should be back for the voice since he just did the MIO GPS thing!

Joe

User avatar
weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Weeezlville
Contact:

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by weeezl » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:05 pm

If thats the case, we need to show some serious support for the new series and get as many people to watch it as we can, friends, family etc, thats not to say it will have some big affect on viewer numbers but the more the better!

I know all you guys on here who are pumped that there is a new show happening and want to see this show go past its first season are probably thinking the same thing and are trying to get as many people as you can to watch it.

Weve all been waiting for a KR series that goes back to the original concept that worked and this is the closest one so far!(forget TKR).

Every die-hard KR fan wants to see the Hoff & KI2T on screen again and it wouldnt be true KR without them.

User avatar
tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 773
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:37 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: ATX
Contact:

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by tamatt27 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:24 pm

This is great news! Even the casual KR fan would want to see the Hoff and KI2T again....even if it's just to make fun of how old they are. A viewer's a viewer;)
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27

User avatar
JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:12 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yonkers, NY
Contact:

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:52 pm

WOOOO HOO 500th post!

Anyway lol, can't wait and I hope all goes well and KI2T and MK reunite!


Joe

User avatar
PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: MI

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:13 am

Congrats on 500! :D

I hope this does become a reality and he (and KITT) have a nice story arc though still I maintain that Michael and the original KITT shouldn't be regulars on the series. Keep it for major/big/special events with the "mythology" and stuff like that and don't rely on it too much.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

User avatar
Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hanging out with KITT in SPARTA!

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:04 am

Gratz on 500 posts JJSoCrazy! :good:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:56 am

One thing we've not heard about is whether William Daniels has been approached by GST....

2 possibilities occur to me:

1 he would only be doing V/O work so its not a major negotiation in terms of schedules
2 he has not been approached, meaning we may not be seeing Ki2t, or if we do, not as we remember....

User avatar
weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Weeezlville
Contact:

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by weeezl » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:57 pm

JJSoCrazy wrote:WOOOO HOO 500th post!

Anyway lol, can't wait and I hope all goes well and KI2T and MK reunite!


Joe


Congrats Dude! :good:


pheonix_knight wrote:One thing we've not heard about is whether William Daniels has been approached by GST....

2 possibilities occur to me:

1 he would only be doing V/O work so its not a major negotiation in terms of schedules
2 he has not been approached, meaning we may not be seeing Ki2t, or if we do, not as we remember....


I dont think anything has been set in stone, one thing I do remember is that WD said he would`nt reprise his roll as Kitt unless its serious, no more spoofy stuff (Benchwarmers).

I really hope he does, it would be awesome to see MK and his buddy! back on screen, not only for the nostalgia factor but also explinations of what happened to them in the 26 years.

Hopefully this could also mean we get some kind of proper ending to the original series in a way!

User avatar
Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:55 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hengelo, The Netherlands

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by Solid Snake » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:03 pm

As grim as this might be but I feel a season finale coming up... the original MK and KITT dying (or one of them)? It would make for a very dark and compelling story line to continue in season 2.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

User avatar
weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Weeezlville
Contact:

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by weeezl » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:45 pm

Solid Snake wrote:As grim as this might be but I feel a season finale coming up... the original MK and KITT dying (or one of them)? It would make for a very dark and compelling story line to continue in season 2.


Actually I`ve been thinking along the same lines....

Perhaps either MK or KI2T would sacrifice themselves to help in some way...

As long as either went out in a blaze of glory I would`nt mind, its grim but I could live with that!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 3333
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:55 pm

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:17 pm

I hope WD comes back as well for the role of the KI2K KITT.

Solid Snake - That would be quite an interesting ending. If they use it in the right way as a cliff hanger into Season 2 where you don't know if KITT (KI2K) can be again repaired (like in JYD or whatever) or not and then maybe in Season 2 it's more final. Or something. We'll just have to wait until we see it I guess.

User avatar
Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hanging out with KITT in SPARTA!

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:14 pm

[quote="weeezl]I dont think anything has been set in stone, one thing I do remember is that WD said he would`nt reprise his roll as Kitt unless its serious, no more spoofy stuff (Benchwarmers).[/quote]
Knight Rider is serious buisness! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

User avatar
Knight of Sweden
Operative
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by Knight of Sweden » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:53 pm

That sounds really nice. :good: When i saw The hoff in the pilot movie i got really excited about it.

I can't wait for the series to start.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:27 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:I hope WD comes back as well for the role of the KI2K KITT.

Solid Snake - That would be quite an interesting ending. If they use it in the right way as a cliff hanger into Season 2 where you don't know if KITT (KI2K) can be again repaired (like in JYD or whatever) or not and then maybe in Season 2 it's more final. Or something. We'll just have to wait until we see it I guess.


the difference between now and JYD would be availiblity of parts

i don't know if they were sold outside the UK but if KITT were wiped out completely as in JYD, it would be like trying to get hardware now for a zx80 (very early 80's computer with about 48k of memory i think, i could be wrong...)

It was easier to repair KITT in the 80's because KITT was a product of those times, maybe some of those parts arent being made any more. To paraphrase Russ Maddock in kr2000, KITT wouldnt have fresh oil on the dipstick now...

User avatar
JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:12 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Yonkers, NY
Contact:

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:03 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:
FuzzieDice wrote:I hope WD comes back as well for the role of the KI2K KITT.

Solid Snake - That would be quite an interesting ending. If they use it in the right way as a cliff hanger into Season 2 where you don't know if KITT (KI2K) can be again repaired (like in JYD or whatever) or not and then maybe in Season 2 it's more final. Or something. We'll just have to wait until we see it I guess.


the difference between now and JYD would be availiblity of parts

i don't know if they were sold outside the UK but if KITT were wiped out completely as in JYD, it would be like trying to get hardware now for a zx80 (very early 80's computer with about 48k of memory i think, i could be wrong...)

It was easier to repair KITT in the 80's because KITT was a product of those times, maybe some of those parts arent being made any more. To paraphrase Russ Maddock in kr2000, KITT wouldnt have fresh oil on the dipstick now...


Knight Rider 2000 never existed accoring to NBC lol, so enough! :D

Anyway hope they return!

Joe

User avatar
Mike K
Rookie
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:57 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by Mike K » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:47 pm

Sounds great, cannot wait to see :kitt: again :D

The only thing that sucks, is Im in the UK & we have not even seen the movie yet :evil: :evil: :evil: (tho i have seen it) :good:

User avatar
LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:41 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:59 pm

This is cool news. I bet these episodes with the Hoff with be interesting to watch. I wonder if they'll bring up so old ghosts of FLAG's past?
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Phoenix
Volunteer
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:41 pm

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by Phoenix » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:04 pm

Here is what I want to see. Have a two part episode where Michael Knight Sr. is captured for whatever reason. Mike Jr. comes to his fathers rescue but during the rescue is injured and knocked out. Michael Sr. gets behind the wheel of the new KITT but is unfamilar with the gizmo's and gadget's. So KITT shape shifts into the 1982 Trans-Am KITT with Willaim Daniels voice to boot! Michael saves his son and the day while driving the 82 Trans-Am.

User avatar
Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1214
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Hanging out with KITT in SPARTA!

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:35 pm

Phoenix wrote:Here is what I want to see. Have a two part episode where Michael Knight Sr. is captured for whatever reason. Mike Jr. comes to his fathers rescue but during the rescue is injured and knocked out. Michael Sr. gets behind the wheel of the new KITT but is unfamilar with the gizmo's and gadget's. So KITT shape shifts into the 1982 Trans-Am KITT with Willaim Daniels voice to boot! Michael saves his son and the day while driving the 82 Trans-Am.

I'd prefer to keep them seperate so KITT and KI3T can talk to eachother.Now that would be a lot of fun! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

User avatar
KnightLady
Operative
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:56 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Show Me State

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by KnightLady » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:10 am

I really do hope it works out where the Hoff can be on KR a lot more. As I've said before he was definitely one of the reasons the show was so popular in the 80s, and he deserves to be a part of the new KR too. :good:

User avatar
cloudkitt
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 11:34 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:45 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:I'd prefer to keep them seperate so KITT and KI3T can talk to eachother.Now that would be a lot of fun! :D


Agreed! KITT being the 'wise' one next to the naive KI3T. Because, I'm sorry, I just cannot believe that Michael would ever wanna part with KITT. Even if he couldn't keep the car he wouldn't. But if KI2T doesn't appear in the Trans Am I don't see why they'd bother bringing him back at all.

Now, I KNOW this wouldn't happen, but could imagine the two KITTs doing something together? Especially if they were each just driving themselves, could be fun/ and funny. And then the real question would be - would KI2T still have Super Pursuit Mode? lol

Before you all say it, I know I'm getting carried away now - but I'm thrilled to hear Hasselhoff has a major role but I still feel it would be incomplete without his buddy.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KnightCrusader99
Operative
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Falmouth, Kentucky
Contact:

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:01 am

cloudkitt wrote:Now, I KNOW this wouldn't happen, but could imagine the two KITTs doing something together? Especially if they were each just driving themselves, could be fun/ and funny. And then the real question would be - would KI2T still have Super Pursuit Mode?


I think they should have SPM still, but at least this time with the new CG enhancements, we'll be able to see KITT go into SPM in full view instead of the recycled footage of each part. Talk about a treat!

I really want to see something like MK comes back with KITT and has to save his son from some dire problem they got themselves into.

User avatar
neps
Site Administrator
Posts: 3257
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: nyc, usa
Contact:

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by neps » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:09 am

KnightCrusader99 wrote:I think they should have SPM still, but at least this time with the new CG enhancements, we'll be able to see KITT go into SPM in full view instead of the recycled footage of each part. Talk about a treat!


Imagine both KITTs on screen transforming into battle... drool.

Darkeklaw
Volunteer
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:14 am

Re: Hasselhoff's role to be expanded?

Post by Darkeklaw » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:50 am

Of course The Hoff could always reprise his role as Garth Knight..... BUM BUMM BUMMMMM....


Get revenge on MK by trying to kill his son...


Bad Idea.... but it could happen.

Locked