KR 08 , will it be on in the UK ?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

zed4130
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KR 08 , will it be on in the UK ?

Post by zed4130 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:54 am

Hi guys im new here, it looks like a great site, ive been a huge fan since bitd, im 38 now and still love it, i was just wondering it the new show will be on in the uk, sorry if this has been asked many times, :? i havnt even seen the pilot yet :( so any help with that would be great, thanks for any help,

paul :karr:
one man can make a difference

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Re: KR 08 , will it be on in the UK ?

Post by sarfraz » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:52 am

Welcome to the board. To be honest I don't think anyone really knows if and when KR 08 will hit the UK. I think it will depend on how successful it is in the USA. If it is as popular as series such as Lost, 24 Heroes etc, then I'd say middle of next year, maybe even start.

This is all just a guess on my part but given how keen the UK press has been I don't think its going to be a long wait. ITV confirmed to me earlier in the year they are not interested (probably due to the failure of Bionic Woman) but this doesn't mean they won't change their mind if they see good ratings in the US.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

zed4130
Volunteer

Post by zed4130 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:00 am

cheers mate, i realy hope it goes well in the states, i noticed in a trailer that the original kitt apears in the show, :D but looks wrecked, nice too see him :D im trying to find the pilot of the new show, is there somewere on the net i can watch it ? im no computer buff lol, thanks again, and fingers crossed, i hope sky dont get it, as ive got cable :cry:

paul

:kitt:

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:36 pm

zed4130 ... welcome to the forum.

There are certain ways and means to be able to view the KR2008 pilot online, although strictly
speaking, the methods usually involve downloading from unofficial and unauthorised sources,
which can't really be discussed at length on this forum. Admittedly, I've used these sources
myself, although I fully intend to buy a copy when NBC officially release it on DVD.

There were plans by NBC, to put the KR2008 pilot on DVD as a standalone release, but these
were dropped recently. Apparently, I believe the current plan is to release the first season
of new Knight Rider on DVD, and include the pilot episode as part of the package.

You might be able to acquire, via eBay, a copy of the KR2008 pilot on one of the DVD that
were exclusively released to the people who make the decisions over the Emmy awards.
Except to pay slightly over the odds pricing compared to most official DVD releases.

Yes, the original KITT does (very briefly) appear in the pre-titles scenes but deactivated
and partially dismantled. Whether this was actually the original KITT (prior to KR2000)
or a new version of the original KITT built from salvaged parts, remains to be seen.

zed4130
Volunteer

Post by zed4130 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:02 pm

Thanks all for the imformation, ill see what i can find, thanks

paul

Stuntman Lee
Rookie

Post by Stuntman Lee » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:03 pm

I'm hoping it will be shown here. I'm guessing it'll be picked up from Sky Or Virgin. I can see it finding a home on the Sci-fi Channel, Bravo, Sky One, Virgin One etc.

They showed the Blade series, so I don't see why they wouldn't pick up Knight Rider considering it has a bigger fan base. Otherwise, I shall be writing to my local MP. :D

:kitt2:
Love child of The Hoff.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:26 pm

Stuntman Lee wrote: I'm hoping it will be shown here. I'm guessing it'll be picked up from Sky Or Virgin.
I can see it finding a home on the Sci-fi Channel, Bravo, Sky One, Virgin One etc.
I'm hoping it won't be picked up for the Sci-Fi Channel, Bravo, or Sky 1, otherwise I won't be
able to see it, without getting it from certain unauthorised, unofficial sources. I might make
an exception for Sky 1, as long as it gets repeated on Sky 3 later in the week . . .

zed4130
Volunteer

Post by zed4130 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:44 pm

I just watched the pilot, yippeeee , its great, i cant waite, my oldest daughter who is 9 loved it too, so fingers crossed :good:

paul

Mike K
Rookie

Post by Mike K » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:00 pm

its about time NBC thought about bringing/selling it over here :evil:

guitardave
Volunteer

Post by guitardave » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:31 am

I'm hoping that when it does come to the UK, it's on one of the HD channels - ie. BBC HD, Sky1 HD, FX HD, Channel 4 HD. I can't see channel 4 or bbc being interested in it, which leaves FX and Sky 1. My money's on Sky 1 as they seem to get most of the decent series.

Talking of HD, will the pilot get a blu ray release, or just standard dvd?

Dave

:dash:

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:53 am

guitardave wrote:I'm hoping that when it does come to the UK, it's on one of the HD channels - ie. BBC HD, Sky1 HD, FX HD, Channel 4 HD. I can't see channel 4 or bbc being interested in it, which leaves FX and Sky 1. My money's on Sky 1 as they seem to get most of the decent series.

Talking of HD, will the pilot get a blu ray release, or just standard dvd?

Dave

:dash:
As the most new shows is released on DVD's and Blu-Ray's (Heroes, Lost, Prison Break,...) i think that Knight Rider will be released on DVD's and Blu-Ray's as well, and as we hope, that first season's DVD's boxset comes with the pilot movie, i think and Blu-Ray boxset will have it. There's no official information about it, it's just mine opinion, so i can be wrong :)

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:27 am

You guys can't watch it at www.nbc.com/knightrider? click "video" then "full episodes"????

Does it say "we're sorry but this can only be viewed in the USA" or something?

--Brian

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:07 am

seeker78 wrote:You guys can't watch it at http://www.nbc.com/knightrider? click "video" then "full episodes"????

Does it say "we're sorry but this can only be viewed in the USA" or something?

--Brian
Yes, it says "We're sorry, but the clip you selected isn't available from your location. Please select another clip." (all short clips is working). But i don't get problem with that, i know few ways how to watch it. However i'll buy original Blu-Ray's (or DVD's, if Blu-Ray's won't be released) disc's when they came out from amazon.