SPM new vs. old

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Dukeboy320
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

SPM new vs. old

Post by Dukeboy320 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:35 pm

i like the old better and i made a video of them both

watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX9zQ_Qcr1M

download it here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/60957337/52 ... s_old.html

:spm:

jaimetheking
Operative

Re: SPM new vs. old

Post by jaimetheking » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:21 pm

Really? Didn't know that was the new SPM.

...oh you're 13...figures.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:48 pm

There's really no need to have a go at the lad over his age, and to be fair, I think we all know that the Attack Mode is essentially the new version of Super Pursuit Mode. Sure, Gary Scott Thompson said it wasn't the pursuit KITT, but he also said the pursuit KITT was the regular KITT, like in the original series, meaning he obviously hadn't viewed season 4, thus explaining why he wasn't aware of why the Attack KITT has been compared to SPM.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:01 pm

Matthew wrote:Sure, Gary Scott Thompson said it wasn't the pursuit KITT, but he also said the pursuit KITT was the regular KITT, like in the original series, meaning he obviously hadn't viewed season 4, thus explaining why he wasn't aware of why the Attack KITT has been compared to SPM.
I really would like to know what he has seen for sure because that right there is pretty scary. The mythology is in his hands and all he's seen is season one? Uhhh ohhh....

jaimetheking
Operative

Post by jaimetheking » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:08 pm

Matthew wrote:There's really no need to have a go at the lad over his age, and to be fair, I think we all know that the Attack Mode is essentially the new version of Super Pursuit Mode. Sure, Gary Scott Thompson said it wasn't the pursuit KITT, but he also said the pursuit KITT was the regular KITT, like in the original series, meaning he obviously hadn't viewed season 4, thus explaining why he wasn't aware of why the Attack KITT has been compared to SPM.

Matt
Don't worry...Didnt mean to harm or alert anyone...

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Fair does Jaime. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:02 pm

Stylez wrote:I really would like to know what he has seen for sure because that right there is pretty scary. The mythology is in his hands and all he's seen is season one? Uhhh ohhh....
Yes, I've been feeling the same way. I think scanning the boards or reaching out more thoroughly to fans for the episodes that best represent the main characters' development would have been more efficient than simply only watching the first season. Yes, episodes like "Knight Of the Phoenix," "Trust Doesn't Rust" and "White Bird" are crucial, but the series' mythology goes beyond that. And not only that, but Season 1 was the slowest of all of the seasons, which may not be the best representation of the original series to hold up Gary Scott Thompson's original memories of the show.

I'm presuming that the reasons behind only watching the first season were limited time as well as to see how the original series' first season progressed, since that is the position Thompson is in right now. I do believe he was looking for structure and ideas as to where to go rather than mythology that he is not too interested in referencing at this point in time. Or, perhaps he wanted to make sure he wasn't duplicating the path too closely that the original series followed in its first season.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:00 pm

That’s not bad work for only 13!
Matt has a good point. Perhaps GST hasn’t seen SPM yet. (Well perhaps in season 4 he will realize his mistake and create one. :wink: The possibilities of what KI3T could transform into appear to be endless.)
Though another thought is that he wanted to correct us, saying that this is “Attack KITT” and not “SPM KITT” for the same reason he wanted to make sure I didn’t call them Lamborghini doors. He knew of what we were referring, but wanted us to use the new terminology. I’m sure a lot of thought was put into what to call everything for legal as well as creative reasons. On set good producer would always have his ears open for little details like this and would be sure to correct someone saying it wrong.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:30 pm

i like both knew and old so im waiting for the new series. :D

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:26 am

He said in another interview that he didn't write anything until watching all of the first season, not that he stopped and hasn't watched the rest. Though if he didn't bother with watching the other three seasons then that is bad.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: