Does the new KITT 2008 has a jet sound?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Does the new KITT 2008 has a jet sound?

Post by Sue » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:41 am

SHADO has about a 13 gallon tank I think and goes 600 miles before refueling, you won’t hear me complaining. But it is true, when you are used to driving a hybrid, hearing KI3T making so much noise strikes you as a bit odd. The sound KI2T made in KOTP is actually not far off from a hybrid, at high speeds anyway. SHADO sounds like a far off siren at high speeds and is perfectly silent at low speeds.
Electric cars vs gas cars is a different debate than hybrid vs gas. You can’t really beat a hybrid because they are saving all the energy that gas cars are wasting, going down a hill or breaking, instead of losing that energy and wearing down your break pads, the energy is converted into electricity, even the most efficient gas engine could be made better by adding hybrid technology. (My next car will run on hydrogen though.) I predict that when this new KR is as old as TOS people will be smiling at all the noise KITT is making.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:23 pm

Well here is the thing though... no matter what the ads and trailers say Kitt's design is not what your would call typical electric gasoline hybrid... hence me saying it is not a hybrid by definition of the automotive meaning of the word hybrid nowadays... However, if you mean Kitt is a hybrid because it combines the gasoline engine with the heat recylcing to go a lot farther any electric car could go... then yes I agree Kitt is a gasoline-thermal recycling hybrid.

Also I am not saying Kitt design is not good enough or that it should be replaced by a different car... (FORD FTW)... infact if anything Kitt from the new show is thanks to TV magic the most amazing gasoline powered car ever... Which they so clearly stole from me... because it was clearly tested in my Ford GT KITT
<<--------

Kidding.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:00 am

Well there is also a technology being developed called an ultracapacitor, which stores charge in the same way a normal capacitor does, which allows for VERY fast charging (seconds), and yet has equal/more storage than a battery. It has a lot of potential but is a "just over the horizon" thing right now...although nuclear fusion has been that too, they keep saying "controlled nuclear fusion in 20 yrs" but 20 yrs later they say the same thing lol...There is Phoenix Motorcars, their cars can be recharged in 10 minutes BUT you have to use a 250 kW -- that's 250,000 Watts -- off board charger to do it.

Phoenix Motorcars Home

their products are made here in California, USA. :)

Their battery stores even less than the Tesla Roadster, theirs has only a 35 kW-hr capacity versus 50+ for the Tesla. Result is that theirs can only go like 100 miles.

knight56
Rookie

Post by knight56 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:13 pm

Do you think we may see Justin put gas in KITT ....? we never saw Michael Knight put gas in... :shock: ...

Imagine : MiCHAEL knight: Ok..pal your ready to go...
KITT: Michael i dont run on gas.. :roll:

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:18 pm

knight56 wrote:Do you think we may see Justin put gas in KITT ....? we never saw Michael Knight put gas in... :shock: ...

Imagine : MiCHAEL knight: Ok..pal your ready to go...
KITT: Michael i dont run on gas.. :roll:

Actually, in the season 1 episode "No Big Thing," Michael stops at a gas station and is seen lifting KITT's license plate to put in gas. That's really the only time I can think of though.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:18 pm

That was a good gag with the old guy. :lol: But yeah, KITT ran on any combustible fuel or something like that. There's no reason why the new KITT wouldn't. Though he should get better miles per gallon with an evolved and improved version of the original KITT's fuel system.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:12 pm

My Ford Taurus is very VERY quiet for a gas-powered engine. Mine is not the flex-fuel Duratec either. It's the 'normal' Duratec. I'm very impressed by the car's quietness. Even if you are standing outside and it's idling it's quiet!

I wouldn't mind a flex-fuel or hydrogen-powered. But it's still all so experimental and right now getting the fuel even for those cars is hard to do if not impossible (at least where I live it is). I hope that changes as we really should look into alternatives. But I hope to get many many good years out of Suse first! :) She only just turned 9 yrs. old in June so she's 'new' yet. :)