VK Unmasked

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: VK Unmasked

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:22 pm

Oh for the love of...

Weezl, you are not helping.

I don't want to see another off-topic post in this thread. From anyone. Period. I don't care who said what. I don't care if you think you have "unfinished business" here. No more debate. No apologies, no explanations. NOTHING. If you have an issue, you may send a message to myself or another board member directly.

I hope I am making myself absolutely 100% clear. And if I am not, you may send me a private message.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

HisNameisGarth
Operative

Post by HisNameisGarth » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:40 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Oh for the love of...

Weezl, you are not helping.

I don't want to see another off-topic post in this thread. From anyone. Period. I don't care who said what. I don't care if you think you have "unfinished business" here. No more debate. No apologies, no explanations. NOTHING. If you have an issue, you may send a message to myself or another board member directly.

I hope I am making myself absolutely 100% clear. And if I am not, you may send me a private message.
Would it be on-topic to ask him to put the mask back on?

it's a joke - sorry :(
There ain't no E in Garth, damn it.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:01 am

I'm not laughing.
Banned until further notice.

Anyone else want to play games?

My email: mike@knightridermovie.com

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:11 am

Michael, Banning HisNameisGarth seems a bit harsh for a little joke. Is there something here that the rest of us don't know about? I get the feeling that if someone isn't bowing down and worshiping VK/Nick Nugent, then they're evil. What gives? I guess freedom of speech is only for certain people. By the way, I'm waiting for Nick to tell everyone who his "partner" is on this new book. Although, I have a pretty good idea who it is. You don't have to be Kreskin to figure it out. So...am I next to be banned for voicing my opinion?

Mark Puette/kitt1
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
My email: mpuette@hotmail.com
Michael Pajaro wrote:I'm not laughing.
Banned until further notice.

Anyone else want to play games?

My email: mike@knightridermovie.com

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:36 am

Kitt1

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WqUxYVU74RE

If you watch closely from 1.21 in, you can see for yourself who the co-auther is.

Its not about bowing down or kissing ass but I think the book speaks for itself, I know for damn sure im gonna get a copy for myself.

Call me thick but whats a Kreskin? :D

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:15 am

kitt1 wrote:Michael, Banning HisNameisGarth seems a bit harsh for a little joke. Is there something here that the rest of us don't know about? I get the feeling that if someone isn't bowing down and worshiping VK/Nick Nugent, then they're evil. What gives? I guess freedom of speech is only for certain people. By the way, I'm waiting for Nick to tell everyone who his "partner" is on this new book. Although, I have a pretty good idea who it is. You don't have to be Kreskin to figure it out. So...am I next to be banned for voicing my opinion?
- Despite what consequences might come from this statement I'm going to make, I've always been honest so you can understand that I am telling you this from the bottom of my heart:

"I do not owe you or any other card carrying member of The Foundation any explainations about any matter, be it the book, my personal life, my professional life, or my friendships."

I will make a post detailing some of the history of the book's creation, what it contains, and so on later in the week. With all due respect, you nor anyone else has the right to tell me that I must disclose information of any kind. I choose what I can and will disclose. I do not care how many wild leads you might chase, how many theories, hunches, or assumptions you might have.

Anything else you or other members of The Foundation may THINK they know is assumption. I highly suggest you step back and seriously re-evalute your train of thought before you embarrass yourselves later.

Whatever accusations you're implying will be derailed.

As Weeezl pointed out, my co-author's name is Fredrick Renard III. He's not who you assume he is and that's all you need to know.

=VK=
:dash:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:18 am

Victor (and I will choose to go by your screen name since most of the rest of us do, anyway), I checked out some of your pages and think you have some great talent. It's just unfortunate that nobody can seem to pay a genuine compliment these days without it being considered kissing ass or being fooled into following someone's thoughts because they don't know any better.

Any past debates you've had with other members are irrelevant in this post. I am just writing to say that I think your book will be an interesting read, and I always find it impressive when people are handy with tools like Photoshop and the like, because being a fellow artist myself, I don't have the first clue how to use programs like that. Therefore, I still stick to pencil and paper.

I'll also point out that you sure have a flare for the dramatic. This feels like the public unmasking of Batman or something. :wink: I'm the type of guy that will speak my mind whenever I feel the need to or point things out, and would just also like to add that I am not one of those who are "too afraid to speak up" because I have no problems here. Good luck with the book sales.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:45 am

Victor (and I will choose to go by your screen name since most of the rest of us do, anyway), I checked out some of your pages and think you have some great talent.

- Thank you, nice to be appreciated. It's appreciation to me that fuels inspiration and the passion to continue to create things that do not exist until you give them life.

It's just unfortunate that nobody can seem to pay a genuine compliment these days without it being considered kissing ass or being fooled into following someone's thoughts because they don't know any better.

- There's a variety of reasons people do this and usually it's some sort of emotional response. Could be anger, jealousy, envy, lack of self confidence, and so on. Anyone can "kiss ass" but you can also tell the difference I think between someone who kisses your ass to get something, and genuine appreciation.

It is my belief that information is power as an artist. When someone just tells me they like my work, that doesn't help me. On the surface it's someone saying they like what you do but it doesn't tell you why they choose to tell you that in the first place. I usually will follow up with someone and ask them what specifically they like about it and it's the same when someone tells me they hate my work. Knowledge I believe keeps you on the right track.

From the time we're born, we're inquistive by nature. We want to know about everything so we can learn what to like, what to hate, what to fear, what to avoid, and what to strive for.

So its things like that I look for when people give me compliments or praise. It helps me decipher whether someone is being geniune or just looking to gain brownie points for some alterior motive of their own.

Any past debates you've had with other members are irrelevant in this post. I am just writing to say that I think your book will be an interesting read, and I always find it impressive when people are handy with tools like Photoshop and the like, because being a fellow artist myself, I don't have the first clue how to use programs like that. Therefore, I still stick to pencil and paper.

- The best piece of advice I can give any inspiring artist who is not already accomplished or just starting out is to do your research. Find things that inspire you, see what people do that others like, research the psycological impacts of art, color theory, design basics, etc. Study light, form, shape, timing, scale. Buy tutorial books or look around online, find other people who share your passion and learn from them.

Keep in mind however computers are great and all but a computer should be a tool, not a crutch. Having a background in traditional drawing and conceptual skills (even if you're not a da vinci level renderer) will always hold more value to an artist's skill set then trying to place your faith in machines, effects, and filters.

I'll also point out that you sure have a flare for the dramatic. This feels like the public unmasking of Batman or something. I'm the type of guy that will speak my mind whenever I feel the need to or point things out, and would just also like to add that I am not one of those who are "too afraid to speak up" because I have no problems here.

- They say if you think you're a dumb writer, surround yourself with smart people. If you think you're a great writer, surround yourself with smarter people who disagree with you. I like to surround myself with smart people (usually friends) who disagree with me. Being an artist requires a thick skin, especially to survive "critiques" on a level that would reduce you to tears. I try to keep an open mind and decide whether someone's advice is justified or egotistical and act accordingly. I'm not afraid to speak my mind, if it is justified to do so.

Good luck with the book sales.

- Thank you. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I believe the book will speak for itself.

=VK=

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:51 am

Nick, I'm not sure what you're trying to imply by "card carrying member of The Foundation" Is that supposed to be an insult? If so, I don't appreciate it. Yes, I am a member of the FOUNDATION, and I'm proud to be a member there. Just because there are members thare that start flame wars between other boards, don't lump me in with those individuals. I'm a member there to discuss building KITT/KARR replicas, not to spout KR political rhetoric and how much I've done for all the fans in the KR community. What you do owe me is an apology for your derogitory (spell?) comment. There was no call for it. But, I'm sure you'll get away with it.

I used to be a member of THE REGISTRIES till I was banned for disagreeing with the almighty Don Colie. Others got banned for the same thing. That proves who runs things over there. What I don't want happening is people getting banned here because they don't agree with you or some other person. No one should wield that much power. Since you're such a STAR TREK fan, remember this quote?, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one".
With all due respect, you nor anyone else has the right to tell me that I must disclose information of any kind. I choose what I can and will disclose.
I'm not telling you to disclose anything. I'm just betting since you Nick had the alias VK, Fredrick Renard III is an alias for someone else that doesn't want their real identity known.

I've known your real identity for quite some time. I think I read about it in WHO CARES magazine. I highly suggest you step back and seriously re-evalute your train of thought before you lump people into one group without knowing them personally and embarrassing yourself.

Mark Puette/kitt1
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
victor kros wrote:
kitt1 wrote:Michael, Banning HisNameisGarth seems a bit harsh for a little joke. Is there something here that the rest of us don't know about? I get the feeling that if someone isn't bowing down and worshiping VK/Nick Nugent, then they're evil. What gives? I guess freedom of speech is only for certain people. By the way, I'm waiting for Nick to tell everyone who his "partner" is on this new book. Although, I have a pretty good idea who it is. You don't have to be Kreskin to figure it out. So...am I next to be banned for voicing my opinion?
- Despite what consequences might come from this statement I'm going to make, I've always been honest so you can understand that I am telling you this from the bottom of my heart:

"I do not owe you or any other card carrying member of The Foundation any explainations about any matter, be it the book, my personal life, my professional life, or my friendships."

I will make a post detailing some of the history of the book's creation, what it contains, and so on later in the week. With all due respect, you nor anyone else has the right to tell me that I must disclose information of any kind. I choose what I can and will disclose. I do not care how many wild leads you might chase, how many theories, hunches, or assumptions you might have.

Anything else you or other members of The Foundation may THINK they know is assumption. I highly suggest you step back and seriously re-evalute your train of thought before you embarrass yourselves later.

Whatever accusations you're implying will be derailed.

As Weeezl pointed out, my co-author's name is Fredrick Renard III. He's not who you assume he is and that's all you need to know.

=VK=

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:14 am

I've watched you, I've watched where you post Mark and I know where you stand and what you stand for based on your actions. I assume nothing that isn't proven by you already but you assume more then you actually know about me.

=VK=

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:16 am

kitt1 wrote:Michael, Banning HisNameisGarth seems a bit harsh for a little joke. Is there something here that the rest of us don't know about?
Mark, HisNameisGarth was NOT banned simply for posting a joke. Yes, there IS more going on than you know. If you have concerns, as I requested before, you may contact me privately. Thank you.

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:32 am

Nick, You've watched me? Should I be honored? Wow, I'm a small fish in the hobby and you're watching me? Jeez, don't you have anything better to do? Also, you watch where I post? The FOUNDATION and here, in this hobby. No big secret. And...you know where I stand? That's a pretty broad statement. I stand for different things on different subjects. What subject are we talking about? Care to get specific? Please don't tell me we're going to argue that old Rob Louisell vs Don Colie crap. I've seen your scathing posts on the Registries against Rob Louisell. For someone NOT building a conversion, you sure seem to know a lot about it. Nuff said on that subject. So...no apology huh? I wasn't holding my breath for one.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS
victor kros wrote:I've watched you, I've watched where you post Mark and I know where you stand and what you stand for based on your actions. I assume nothing that isn't proven by you already but you assume more then you actually know about me.

=VK=

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:56 am

Nick, You've watched me? Should I be honored? Wow, I'm a small fish in the hobby and you're watching me? Jeez, don't you have anything better to do? Also, you watch where I post?

- First off my friends call me Nick, from this point on you can call me Victor. You have an inflated sense of importance. I've watched you in the context of watching out for a snake before it can strike you without warning.

The FOUNDATION and here, in this hobby. No big secret. And...you know where I stand? That's a pretty broad statement. I stand for different things on different subjects. What subject are we talking about?

- You know what I'm referring to, I'm not playing your game sorry.

Care to get specific? Please don't tell me we're going to argue that old Rob Louisell vs Don Colie crap.

- Why no that would be off topic and we wouldn't want to do that here.

I've seen your scathing posts on the Registries against Rob Louisell.

- But you don't understand the purpose behind them nor the circumstances involved.

For someone NOT building a conversion, you sure seem to know a lot about it.

- I have not condemned anyone for the quality of their replica parts, nor have I attacked them as people who sell replica parts. I have reviewed people I do not support based upon their actions as individuals, not because of their choice of business or hobby. I am not a replica builder and I don't buy replica parts. Ask anyone who knows me they will tell you the same thing, I don't care much about the "replica wars" nor getting involved with them.

Nuff said on that subject. So...no apology huh? I wasn't holding my breath for one.

- I have nothing to apologize for but you do for steering this thread into another direction it wasn't meant to go in. You want to discuss this matter further, take it to PM.

Understand one thing, you started the implied accusations. You decided to come out of no where and start making implications to discredit my book before it's even been completely released yet. You made those choices and with me you face the consequences of those choices. I'm not the one who has alterior motives here but I seriously question your motivation for just appearing from thin air just to question the book in this thread.

That is suspect.

We're done here.

=VK=

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:03 am

Guys,

After consulting with Mike on this, we've decided that the only way we can prevent further argments from ensuing in this thread is to close it. If there's anything else that you wish to address, it should be done privately from here on.

Thanks for understanding. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?