KITT & Barris in Staten Island to benefit Sarah Nicole

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ULTRASUBS
Volunteer

Post by ULTRASUBS » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:24 am

Hello,

My name is Lambros Vassiliou, I recently acquired the only surviving super pursuit car, the one on E-bay that everybody thought was a fake, lucky for me I'm friends with George Barris and I have all the documentation to go with it, I had to wait until the last minute and hold my breath and NOT show how excited about getting it or I would have paid top dollar.
The car was at his shop when the series ended so it was saved from the "crusher".

NOW MY PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!
I was having the car shipped here for a Car Show/ Fundraiser for a terminally ill 5 year old girl. ( http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/SARAHNICOLE )

DAS auto shippers REALLY SCREWED ME............ More importantly all the people involved to help this little girl out, they told me I would have the Car here in 9 days if I paid extra, seven days went by and the car did not move an inch !!!!!!
No call, no information, they caused major problems. I DO NOT RECCOMEND THEM, they are the WORST people I ever had to deal with.

Now George Barris will be at my location in Tuesday August 26th and Wednesday August 27th and there is a chance that the car will not be here !!!!!!

I need somebody with a COMPLETE replica in the Area to please let me know if you can help out.
You will be compensated for your travel expenses, George Barris will Autograph your car if you like, take pictures with it and you will receive SUPER RARE, AUTOGRAPHED BY GEORGE BARRIS, NEVER RELEASED PICTURES OF KITT, during construction, during filming and you will have a GREAT TIME !!!!!!!
Make sure to be ready to go out to dinner with us as well.

I am located in Staten Island NY, please E mail me pictures and a brief description at ULTRASUBS@GMAIL.COM for further details.

Thanks,
Lambros Vassiliou

ULTRASUBS
Volunteer

Re: I NEED HELP, NY, NJ AREA please read now !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ULTRASUBS » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:11 am

ULTRASUBS wrote:Hello,

My name is Lambros Vassiliou, I recently acquired the only surviving super pursuit car, the one on E-bay that everybody thought was a fake, lucky for me I'm friends with George Barris and I have all the documentation to go with it, I had to wait until the last minute and hold my breath and NOT show how excited about getting it or I would have paid top dollar.
The car was at his shop when the series ended so it was saved from the "crusher".

NOW MY PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!
I was having the car shipped here for a Car Show/ Fundraiser for a terminally ill 5 year old girl. ( http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sahrahnicole )

DAS auto shippers REALLY SCREWED ME............ More importantly all the people involved to help this little girl out, they told me I would have the Car here in 9 days if I paid extra, seven days went by and the car did not move an inch !!!!!!
No call, no information, they caused major problems. I DO NOT RECCOMEND THEM, they are the WORST people I ever had to deal with.

Now George Barris will be at my location in Tuesday August 26th and Wednesday August 27th and there is a chance that the car will not be here !!!!!!

I need somebody with a COMPLETE replica in the Area to please let me know if you can help out.
You will be compensated for your travel expenses, George Barris will Autograph your car if you like, take pictures with it and you will receive SUPER RARE, AUTOGRAPHED BY GEORGE BARRIS, NEVER RELEASED PICTURES OF KITT, during construction, during filming and you will have a GREAT TIME !!!!!!!
Make sure to be ready to go out to dinner with us as well.

I am located in Staten Island NY, please E mail me pictures and a brief description at ULTRASUBS@GMAIL.COM for further details.

Thanks,
Lambros Vassiliou
SORRY GUYS, it's SARAHNICOLE, I messed up !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just type her name in when you get there !!
She is a very sweet little girl.

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: I NEED HELP, NY, NJ AREA please read now !!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by neps » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:02 pm

This event is on as planned - He was able get in touch with a replica owner in the area!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:06 pm

In case you missed seeing George Barris on Saturday you still have a chance to catch him in Staten Island.
KITT, the talking car co-star of the 1980s television series Knight Rider, will be on display Tuesday and Wednesday at Soundsation, at the corner of Forest and South avenues in Mariners Harbor.
The event is free, and will double as a fund-raiser for Sarah Boschi, the 5-year-old Tottenville girl who suffers from two rare genetic disorders.
KITT and Barris in Staten Island to benefit Sarah Nicole
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: KITT & Barris in Staten Island to benefit Sarah Nicole

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:12 pm

I'm glad the event is going on as planned. Sounds like a really nice thing they are doing.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:11 am

i live on staten island and i went to see the replica car today. i met scott rice the owner of the car, i talked to him for a while, and got to sit in his car, his car is fully loaded with kitt voice responses, and you can even play pac man video games on his tv monitors. one of the best replicas i have ever seen. the car was awesome. :good: :good:
in glen larson we trust.

ULTRASUBS
Volunteer

Post by ULTRASUBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:26 am

Thanks guys for all of your help and support !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think a VERY special thanks has to go out to Scott Rice !!!!!!!!!!!

I had never met him before and I can tell you that I consider him a friend, he stepped up and went above and beyond what you would expect from the most giving person.

Now to the car !!!!!!
George Barris and Tony Wood looked at Scott's car and said it was the NICEST K.I.T.T. they had ever seen !!!!!!!
The fit & finish, paint, details and the workmanship were first class all the way.
George Barris joked and said it was even nicer than the BEST version of KITT that they have ever seen or built.

Scott is a great guy, we had a good time talking about the car and what it took to get it to where it is.
We also talked about the performance upgrades like the "hopped up" ZZ4 he put in there, I'll tell you if somebody pulls up to him at a light and thinks there dealing with just another "all show and no go" Knight Rider replica, they are in for a SHOCK LOL. That thing takes off like a ROCKET, I think between all the work he has done that thing has to be good for mid to low 12's.
Thanks guys............. I owe everybody a BIG Thank you for getting me with Scott............ We were able to have the fund raiser and I made a friend along the way.