New Intro?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

New Intro?

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:25 pm

Ok so we know we have new cast members coming in because of the Knight Research place (the KITTcave but thats not the official name which escapes me as i type...) so it would seem appropriate that the opening credits get updated...

Whilst i liked the intro from the pilot, I wouldnt mind seeing the cast being introduced as in TOS with screenshots of them in action from various scenes in the series, rather than just their name on screen

I'd also love to see the new car driving toward the camera during the credits, preferrably in the desert somewhere. Even if, like the pilot, its a night time/dusk shot....

Ooh imagine that, just the twin scanners visible coming toward the camera, then the cars becomes Attack Kitt and the whole thing lights up with the blue glow... (it would also pay a wee homage to the scene from KOTP where MK first meets KITT in the blacked out room....)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: New Intro?

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:38 pm

I'm certain they'll have a new intro, I see no reason they'd keep it. I think it'd be nice for there to be a bit of a homage to the original show with the non-episode snippet parts.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:34 pm

With a new intro would we also get a new song?

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:47 pm

I was just about to say that. keep the beginning part, but lose that heavy metal bridge.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:32 pm

the only new parts from the theme i like was the last few boom boom boom notes..the rest was crap.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:46 pm

DrWho2005 wrote:the only new parts from the theme i like was the last few boom boom boom notes..the rest was crap.
the updated theme and the standard mustang with the new scanner were the 2 best bits of the pilot... but thats just my opinion...

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:07 am

We'll likely now have a new intro with footage from the first 8 episodes of the new series. Let's keep in mind that the backdoor pilot only had less than 2 hours of footage, which is why NBC used the CGI graphics instead. These days, we're lucky to even have a new intro at all with all the extra time needed for commercials. Shows like 24, for example, don't even have an opening theme. But in Knight Rider's case I think the theme music is extremely important to retain along with an opening credit sequence.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: