GENE BURNS SHOULD BE THE VOICE OF THE NEW KITT

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

seeker78
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

GENE BURNS SHOULD BE THE VOICE OF THE NEW KITT

Post by seeker78 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:59 am

Guys,

With all this excitement about Knight Rider coming back to TV, it occurred to me, Gene Burns would be PERFECT as the voice of the new KITT. He sounds nothing like Val Kilmer but he sounds VERY similar to William Daniels!!!

Gene Burns is a libertarian radio talk show host on KGO AM 810 in San Francisco. KGO is famous because it has been #1 for ALL radio, both music AND talk, in San Francisco since 1978. Gene is from New York. To hear him check out this link

Gene Burns Podcast

When you download and play that MP3 (or stream it) at first you will hear an ad for a winery, then some instrumental music, then the next voice you hear is Gene Burns.

So tell me...doesn't that sound just like KITT?????? :)

Gene Burns is on KGO from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM San Francisco Time (PST) Monday through Friday and he does a Food Wine and Travel show on Saturday from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. You can also listen to the radio station over the internet (by going to KGO's Home Page and clicking on the arrow next to "listen") at those times to hear him.

Here is the main site about Gene Burns on KGO web site

Gene Burns KGO Talk Show Host

--Brian

Radicalas
Operative

Re: GENE BURNS SHOULD BE THE VOICE OF THE NEW KITT

Post by Radicalas » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:46 am

He sounds more like Glen A. Larson than William Daniels to me :D

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:28 am

Sorry but i'm afraid i'm going to have to disagree, maybe i'm in the minority but i don't hear William Daniels in his voice at all. I listened to him a couple of times and although i warmed to it more the second time round, although his voice isn't overly bad or anything but at the end of the day i'm still just not feeling it from him.
Perhaps this view makes me appear a little foolish since i am one of those that are quite happy with Val kilmers role as KI3T who himself is no William Daniels by any stretch of the imagination. When i first heard of his involvement i grumbled about it too my friends and i imagine there are better alternatives outthere i think Mr Kilmer does have something to make him a reasonable choice. I would assume that his Hollywood status did play a big part in his casting to add weight and credibilty to the new series (although given the reaction by some of his critics may not have had the effect they were hoping for), these days it is quite fashionable and desirable to have such celebrities as primarily cast members. (ie. Kiefer Sutherland, Jenifer Love Hewitt, James Spader)

Since this topic appeared on the general discussion section and the ship has already sailed on Val Kilmers role as KI3T i was wondering if you also intended Gene Burns to be thought of as a potential candidate to fill William Daniels shoes in Glen Larsons upcoming feature film reboot.
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:08 am

Whats wrong with Val Kilmer anyway? the Knight 3000 needs to develope it's own personalty not sound like the origanal Kitt.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:57 pm

whet wrote:Whats wrong with Val Kilmer anyway? the Knight 3000 needs to develope it's own personalty not sound like the origanal Kitt.
It's also GST's intention.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:52 am

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Val Kilmer's voice. He sounds just fine. :)

I just think that Gene Burns has one of those "posh", East Coast, "semi-British" type accents, just like William Daniels. John Kerry had that accent 30 years ago when testifying before Congress, when he said "how do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?" the way he said "ask" sounded British.

You know who else has a voice like that? The head of The Others on Lost (another GREAT show). :)