i'd like to disagree with GST....(with respect!)

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

i'd like to disagree with GST....(with respect!)

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:59 pm

This could be tagged on to the COMIC CON threads but I thought it may deserve its own (Mike, Neps and co, feel free to move it...)

In relation to the video footage at the unveiling of the Attack Kitt. GST acknowledges that the hood/bonnet is controversial but justifies the "intakes" by saying "we need those to go 'super fast'...."

Then in another part of the same interview he name checks Bugatti for making the fastest production car in the world (doesnt mention the car but that IS the VEYRON which does 250+mph) whos front end clearly does NOT have half of its engine sticking out....

Quoted top speed (so far) 377mph..... very cool.... (and i know GST can make stuff appear fast, which is great!)

But nothing capable of those speeds has 90 degree angled front ends....

I do appreciate the pseudo science that the engine capable of these kinda speeds would require cooling however i'd much prefer the 'nostril' effect like on the last generation of Trans Am where its more integrated into the bonnet which would be much more subtle and vaguely aerodynamicably plausible...(i'm not one of those begging for Ki3t to be a T/A before anyone starts that, this is a different car AND AI unit....)

Back end of the car, fantastic especially with the functional spoiler

Wheels, remind me of the disappointment i felt when watching Terminator 2 after all the special effects but then when the T1000 was shot, the actor was suddenly wearing the cheap tin foil that pies are sold in.... (seriously, rewatch that film that was made not long after kr2000 when i think about it....). Honestly, whats wrong with the alloys from the Hero Car??? There maybe a vague point about the axle being vulnerable because they are more exposed in the normal guise but surely not when your wheels are propelling you to 377 mph...?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: i'd like to disagree with GST....(with respect!)

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:27 pm

The intake wouldn't look too bad if it were black, same with the rims, only problem is not being able to see them in the dark. Oh well.... Add some neon light around the intake! <_< >_>
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:46 pm

Well I can’t claim to know anything about cars… but I was thinking with that scanner in his vent, he would need another one to actually cool him. Not that attack KITT is a real Shelby… and not to say that I like the look of it.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:21 am

the buggatti part he was talkin about was just the rear spoiler/wing

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:00 am

What I find ironic is that the Bugatti Veyron is not the fastest production car (as of Sept. 2007) and the fastest production car is actually an American made supercar made by none other, but Shelby!!!!! And KI3T is a Shelby Mustang! :lol:

Fastest production car in the world: SSC Ultimate Aero (SSC stands for Shelby SuperCars)
Official Guinness World Record with a top speed of 256.18 mph (412.28 kph)
Made in the USA

Look for yourself! (let me know if their website is false!)
http://www.shelbysupercars.com/news-091307.php
One man did make a difference.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:29 am

First of all, the need for this Attack K.I.T.T. to be able to go up to 377 M.P.H. in real-life is unnecessary. For the show's storyline, sure. Now, I'm not necessarily saying they need to speed up the footage like what was done with Super Pursuit Mode, but there are other ways to make the Attack K.I.T.T. appear to go 377 M.P.H. My point is that things never needed to get to the point where hood cylinders had to be added to the car. The car could do 110 M.P.H. and as long as it's burning all the other cars on the road, we'd never know the difference.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:51 am

89IROCNDoug wrote: Fastest production car in the world: SSC Ultimate Aero (SSC stands for Shelby SuperCars)
Official Guinness World Record with a top speed of 256.18 mph (412.28 kph)
Made in the USA

Look for yourself! (let me know if their website is false!)
http://www.shelbysupercars.com/news-091307.php
nice one Doug and what dya notice about the front of that car??

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:46 pm

I think people are overanalyzing the hood intakes. Clearly their main purpose is just to make the car look a lot stronger and meaner than it usually appears. Unlike in the movie, where you had to stare at it for a couple seconds to see any difference, this time it will be immediately clear when the car is in Attack Mode and when it isn't.

I agree it's not as sleek and futuristic as we'd all prefer KITT be, but it's still a pretty badass looking machine IMO. And it certainly looks plenty fast. Hell, just sitting still the thing looks like it's flying!