10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

User avatar
weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Weeezlville
Contact:

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by weeezl » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:35 pm

kwsta20 wrote:

You guys are so caught up into todays world that you beleive that a car can turn into a pick up. Stop and think for a second. Can a body frame of a pick up turn into a 2 door sports coupe??? I can see it turning into a lincoln mkz or something, but here's a reality check... it cant turn into a pick up or anything else!


Anbody over the age of 10 would not believe cars can transform, let alone the members of this board.

kwsta20 wrote:As for kitts voice im not living in the 80's, but they can seriously find someone better to do kitts voice. Use alfred from batman for all i care, at least the voice will sound intelegent and sophisticated. Val Kilmer is a great actor but doesnt cut it as kitts voice. Remember they chose him last minute.


How can you make that judgement from a 2hr pilot and a couple of teasers? K2000 didnt have the personality we all know and love in the pilot episode, it wasnt until a few episodes in that he became the Kitt we all fondly remember

kwsta20 wrote:The pilot was a lot better then what gst is trying to do, the only thing missing from the pilot was some turbo boost and ski mode... And speaking of ski mode, what ever happaned to that??


GST is trying to incorporate more action into the series, which sadly the pilot was missing I agree. You cannot say the pilot was better when you have not even seen the series and you certainly cant make a decision based on a one minute preview

kwsta20 wrote:Half of you dont even know what im talking about because again you're not the knight rider fans, you just follow the trends of the world and whats in and cool! Glowing blue lights under kitt... What a joke!!!!! lets have a honda civic as karr later on!! What ever happaned to just good old american fun???? :roll:


How can you say half of us dont know what we are talking about because we are not Knight Rider fans? I dont think any of us post on Knight Rider Online because we love He-Man :roll:

kwsta20 wrote:let smokey and the bandit, the dukes of hazzard and 80's knight rider always live on, now that was fun classic entertainment!


I agree and they will but that was 20+ years ago and as for you saying you dont live in the 80`s, clearly you still are

kwsta20 wrote:And i guarantee The Glen A. Larson movie will be done the right way!!!
this is why the us economy sucks and people are not buying the american muscle cars anymore cause Fans like you like drifting, lets support Japan!!


Nobody here wants Kitt portrayed as a ricer either, so I think youre barking up the wrong tree, theres been a mountain of threads regarding Kitt must be an American muscle car, If youve been around the board as long as you say you have, surely you would have seen them?

kwsta20 wrote:btw i myself drive a 07 black mustang gt



Good for you, so if you own one yourself and like it then you must have an affection for the new K3000?

Whilst everyones entitled to their opinion and I will not argue that fact, not everybody wants someone else`s opinion shoved down their throat, sometimes it better to keep it to yourself.

Perhaps we should turn this thread into something more positive and change it to "10 reasons why this show is going to being good!"

User avatar
Stylez
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Calgary, AB

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Stylez » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:03 pm

To the original poster, 'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.

User avatar
ThomasKnight
Operative
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:27 pm

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by ThomasKnight » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:09 pm

Hi Everybody! :kittconv:

I'm a new member here! :D
:dash4:
I was born 8 august 1982 (in the original series on that date Michael Long died and Michael Knight was born!), so I'm in the same age with the whole knight rider! :!:

Pretty cool, isn't it??? 8)

When I saw the photos and the sneek peaks about the new show called (just called! :lol: ) Knight rider I was shocked how they gonna destroy my childhood memories and my present life good mood :!: :?
:kitt: :!:

First of all, The makers and the new fans are all wrong, when they say: "get ower about the changes!" :twisted:
Why are they all wrong? :|

Because there are basic things, about the show and also in real life, that these things simply can't removable, replaceable or even changeable! :!: :!: :!:

I've got a really simple example for this: :wink:
When you buy a hot dog, you can't rename it and say: "I'm eating a hamburger now"! :|

That was happened with the new show as well! :?
They've took the mustang and are selling as K.I.T.T.! :shock:

But the problem is: and that is the first main reason why is this show sucks:

K.I.T.T. is a Pontiac Firebird Trans Am :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
The voice of him is Mr. William Daniels as long as he is in alive and forever :!: :!: :!:
They should get over about this basic fact and respect the original actor with that:!: :!: :!: :x

The second reason: the makers are not the people who are needed for this show :!: :x
They worked on much different shows :!:

Third reason: Knight rider is not about Transformers, Las Vegas, Desprete Housewifes, Batman, James Bond and all the cheap tricks they perform in the show about and around the kinght three thousand :!:

Fourth reason: Knight Three Thousand??? :?: :?: :?:
They belive or not, there was the Knight 4000 in the Knight 2000 film, which car basicly was a big and cheap wreck, but with the three basic actors: Hasselhoff, Daniels and Mulhare the film was much better entertaining for the real fans, then this new disaster ever would be :!: :!: :!: :!:

Fifth reason: Val Kilmer as K.I.T.T. :?: :?: :?: This is not the Batman Forever :!: :!: :!: Get over it! :evil:

Sixth reason: K.I.T.T. transforms :?: :?: :?: This is not the Transformers :!: Different show, like Batman :!: :!:

Seventh reason:
If the show's main logo is: "One man can make a difference" Why on earth must that man olnly be a police man or a soldier :?: :| :?:
Lets face it :!: Everybody can make a difference :!: :!: :!: :kitt:

Eighth reason: The "attack" mode was terrible, now it's horrible! :!: :? The dash as well :!: :?

Ninth reason: The new actors are far not the best ever :!: And where are the living originals anyway:?: Like Bonnie and RC :?: :?: :?: :|

Final reason: The Mustang looks like an evil car (as it was in transformers as well), so it could be appear only as K.A.R.R. :karr: , but he's kitt's evil twin brother, so another goal for the Trans Am :!: :!: :!: :lol: :kittside:

Oh! And FORD has notting to do with Knight Rider (that was the reason for the team knight rider's fall as well :!: ) :!: :!: :!: :!: Get over this one :!: :!: :!: :!:

That is my opinion about this whole thing :!: 8)
:dash4:
"One man can make a difference"
Knight Rider forever

User avatar
PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: MI

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:54 pm

I was going to say welcome but then you had to go on with the stupidity and ignorance. Funny how I made a comment about this stupidity coming back soon and sure enough a couple days later it has. I was expecting to at least start up after an episode aired so at least there would be something to base it on. But I guess that was expecting too much.

Holy crap! That is most emoticons in one post that I've ever seen and I myself am a quite a emoticon whore. That post is a real pain in the ass to read. I should just reply to it "reason" to reason but I don't feel like it. Someone else can do a real ripping to shreds of your post.

This isn't a remake, it's a continuation taking place 22 years after the original show ended. Times change and A LOT has changed in 22 years, to deny that is being delusional. How are they going to destroy your memories? Are they going to insert a probe into your brain and some how erase them? It's one thing when Hollywood takes a classic show and "modernizes" it in a remake (outside most of those done by the show's actual creator) but since in this case the original show is still intact and a part of the new show's history. The Knight Industries Three Thousand is not the original KITT, it's a new AI as obvious as that should be at this point for anything who paid attention for at least five seconds..

William Daniels isn't interested in doing anything full time anymore, he's EIGHTY-ONE years old and I imagine happily retired. The Trans-AM hasn't been out of production for years and it would make no sense to have a discontinued car as the "star" of the show. Pontiac doesn't produce any, sport cars anymore and GM as a whole wasn't interested either.

Knight Rider 2000 is and was garbage, liking it does not make you a "real fan". It makes you a part of a small minority. It makes even less sense than a transforming car (which technologically ISN'T far off) since the year 2000 as shown in that pilot wasn't even close to reality. There's a good reason why nothing came from it. If you actually like what was done in that movie good for you, it doesn't change the fact that it was total trash with how the characters were handled, especially Devon and KITT. Not to mention the disappearance of the rest of the cast and no mention of what happened to them.

Oh and Knight Rider was very much James Bond. TKR's failure had nothing to do with Ford and all to do to being a horrible show with awful, sub B-movie special effects and very bad writing.

Look, there are many of us here that aren't totally thrilled with the choices made, especially with the design of the car and its interior, but we don't come here solely to post about it "sucking" based on seeing less than five minutes of footage.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

User avatar
Stylez
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Calgary, AB

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Stylez » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:12 pm

I'm with PHOENIXZERO on this one, can't we have a trash can to dump threads like these into? They're stinkin' up the joint.

User avatar
kwsta20
Recruit
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Chicago

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by kwsta20 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:44 pm

:kitt: ki2t knows what's up
Last edited by kwsta20 on Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kwsta20
Recruit
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Chicago

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by kwsta20 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:48 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
kwsta20 wrote:Again all of you are missing the point, First off i am a huge knight rider fan and i caught the first season at the age of 5 or 6. As for the A%^&hole who said i just bumped into this forum from yahoo, MY FREIND, I'VE BEEN ON THIS FORUM SINCE YOU WERE IN DIAPERS!
You guys are so caught up into todays world that you beleive that a car can turn into a pick up. Stop and think for a second. Can a body frame of a pick up turn into a 2 door sports coupe??? I can see it turning into a lincoln mkz or something, but here's a reality check... it cant turn into a pick up or anything else!
As for kitts voice im not living in the 80's, but they can seriously find someone better to do kitts voice. Use alfred from batman for all i care, at least the voice will sound intelegent and sophisticated. Val Kilmer is a great actor but doesnt cut it as kitts voice. Remember they chose him last minute.
The pilot was a lot better then what gst is trying to do, the only thing missing from the pilot was some turbo boost and ski mode... And speaking of ski mode, what ever happaned to that?? Half of you dont even know what im talking about because again you're not the knight rider fans, you just follow the trends of the world and whats in and cool! Glowing blue lights under kitt... What a joke!!!!! lets have a honda civic as karr later on!! What ever happaned to just good old american fun???? :roll:

let smokey and the bandit, the dukes of hazzard and 80's knight rider always live on, now that was fun classic entertainment!

And i guarantee The Glen A. Larson movie will be done the right way!!!

this is why the us economy sucks and people are not buying the american muscle cars anymore cause Fans like you like drifting, lets support Japan!!

btw i myself drive a 07 black mustang gt





till next time,
A man that does not exist



This has now officially become the dumbest topic I've seen here in months, specifically due to this post..... I'm actually speechless.....

Okay, not really and I'm sure you weren't here when any of us were in diapers, I'm also willing to bet you only caught Knight Rider in syndication.


i'm going to stop now, my inteligence is beyond what you can comprehend...

Sincerly,
A man who does not exist

User avatar
PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: MI

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:16 am

Only in a bizarro universe where stop is go, ignorance is intelligence and falls far behind is beyond.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

User avatar
Matthew
Site Administrator
Posts: 1144
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:01 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: England

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Matthew » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:32 am

ThomasKnight wrote:Hi Everybody! :kittconv:

I'm a new member here! :D
:dash4:
I was born 8 august 1982 (in the original series on that date Michael Long died and Michael Knight was born!), so I'm in the same age with the whole knight rider! :!:

Pretty cool, isn't it??? 8)

When I saw the photos and the sneek peaks about the new show called (just called! :lol: ) Knight rider I was shocked how they gonna destroy my childhood memories and my present life good mood :!: :?
:kitt: :!:

Welcome to Knight Rider Online Thomas,

Whilst you’re certainly entitled to your opinion, I find it extremely hard to understand how a new show being made in 2008 has any sort of effect on your memories of a show that was made between 1982 and 1986.

As someone who doesn’t particularly like Knight Rider 2000, or Knight Rider 2010, I can tell you with absolute certainly that my love of the original series hasn’t waned in the slightest. In fact, if anything, my appreciation of what we saw during those four years has grown, because the fabric that was woven around those intricately developed characters simply couldn’t be contended with in those iterations. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

FX23
Operative
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:25 pm

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by FX23 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:14 am

Bring back the hoff and the kitt! :kitt2:

User avatar
PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: MI

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:18 am

Hasselhoff will be back if the show takes off and schedules permit. I'm sure the KITT/KI2K/KI2T/Knight Industries Two-Thousand will be too since GST is on the record at the very least of that the two KITTs are separate entities.. I'm sure he'd like to work them in if he can, but of course the only thing, other than finding the right story and scheduling issues is if the show makes it past its initial 13 episodes.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

User avatar
Stylez
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Calgary, AB

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Stylez » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:39 am

kwsta20 wrote:
i'm going to stop now, my inteligence is beyond what you can comprehend...

Sincerly,
A man who does not exist


Bahahahaha lmao :roll:

User avatar
PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: MI

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:16 pm

:lol:

I knew that didn't look right..... Oh well, I think I got my point across though I'm not sure since I think I put a double negative in there that actually makes me really stupid....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

User avatar
Stylez
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 353
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Calgary, AB

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Stylez » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:23 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote::lol:

I knew that didn't look right..... Oh well, I think I got my point across though I'm not sure since I think I put a double negative in there that actually makes me really stupid....


Yeah I dunno man it looked all good to me but what I quoted up there is pure lolz...I haven't laughed so hard over something so insignificant in a long time. Just the fact that he's spouting how intellectually superior he is makes it hilarious!

User avatar
Matthew
Site Administrator
Posts: 1144
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:01 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: England

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Matthew » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:34 pm

kwsta20 wrote:i'm going to stop now, my inteligence is beyond what you can comprehend...

A point worth noting is that those of us who believe that it's neccesary to point out that we're intellectually superior, seldom are. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

User avatar
weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Weeezlville
Contact:

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by weeezl » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:30 pm

Another point worth noting is, the guys a twat!

User avatar
blowersho
Operative
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:56 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by blowersho » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:59 pm

"A point worth noting is that those of us who believe that it's neccesary to point out that we're intellectually superior, seldom are". :good:

Matt



Well said sir

User avatar
ThomasKnight
Operative
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:27 pm

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by ThomasKnight » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:35 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:I was going to say welcome but then you had to go on with the stupidity and ignorance. Funny how I made a comment about this stupidity coming back soon and sure enough a couple days later it has. I was expecting to at least start up after an episode aired so at least there would be something to base it on. But I guess that was expecting too much.

Hi! I think you are thinking very wrong about me! What you call "stupidity", for many fans means the real emotions about the original show! :|

Holy crap! That is most emoticons in one post that I've ever seen and I myself am a quite a emoticon whore. That post is a real pain in the ass to read. I should just reply to it "reason" to reason but I don't feel like it. Someone else can do a real ripping to shreds of your post.

Yes! My post is full of emotions, because that's how I feel about the original and the new show!
Oh! and I was waiting for a long time to tell my opinion! I think your post is painful and it looks like you are in the wrong place! You've realized or not, people are talking here negativly about the new show, because it really sucks and this is the topic is the place where we are talking about that! 8)

This isn't a remake, it's a continuation taking place 22 years after the original show ended. Times change and A LOT has changed in 22 years, to deny that is being delusional. How are they going to destroy your memories? Are they going to insert a probe into your brain and some how erase them? It's one thing when Hollywood takes a classic show and "modernizes" it in a remake (outside most of those done by the show's actual creator) but since in this case the original show is still intact and a part of the new show's history. The Knight Industries Three Thousand is not the original KITT, it's a new AI as obvious as that should be at this point for anything who paid attention for at least five seconds..

Please don't teach me about the new show! I know exactly what is all about and what are they going to do and how!
Atleast I have the capeabilty to tell: is it gonna work or not after the short trailers! :|

William Daniels isn't interested in doing anything full time anymore, he's EIGHTY-ONE years old and I imagine happily retired. The Trans-AM hasn't been out of production for years and it would make no sense to have a discontinued car as the "star" of the show. Pontiac doesn't produce any, sport cars anymore and GM as a whole wasn't interested either.

I know about these things! These are facts. But you forget something:
William Daniels made the voice ower for the new kr gps, against the fact what he told!
Pontiac has the Soltice and the GTO for sportcars and GM is making the same mistake that they made when the Trans Am was stopped!

Oh! just think about it: If the old Mustang could reborn in new updated form, Trans am can do the same! 8)

Knight Rider 2000 is and was garbage, liking it does not make you a "real fan". It makes you a part of a small minority. It makes even less sense than a transforming car (which technologically ISN'T far off) since the year 2000 as shown in that pilot wasn't even close to reality. There's a good reason why nothing came from it. If you actually like what was done in that movie good for you, it doesn't change the fact that it was total trash with how the characters were handled, especially Devon and KITT. Not to mention the disappearance of the rest of the cast and no mention of what happened to them.

I'm not a kr 2000 fan and I' am not liking it! If you read it carefully, my opinion is (again) the knight rider 2000 was much more succesful then the new show ever could be, against the fact that the kr2000 film was garbage! :|

Oh and Knight Rider was very much James Bond. TKR's failure had nothing to do with Ford and all to do to being a horrible show with awful, sub B-movie special effects and very bad writing.

I' am a designer and I know exactly how important is the design in a film! Remember the frase about the hamburger and the hot dog? So FORD was the second reason for the fall, because their cars design are not fit in the knight rider's special and unique design! Get over it! :|

Look, there are many of us here that aren't totally thrilled with the choices made, especially with the design of the car and its interior, but we don't come here solely to post about it "sucking" based on seeing less than five minutes of footage.

I have seen many short trailers and I exactly know is it gonna wor or not by a film, by it's design... and this topic is about: why this show is going to suck! But don't worry, I can understand your feelings, because as I see you are a K.A.R.R. fan according to your logo. Mine is K.I.T.T. so it tells a lot abou you thinking, your stile and your post is telling the same thing to everybody!

Another goal for K.I.T.T.! :kitt:
"One man can make a difference"
Knight Rider forever

User avatar
ThomasKnight
Operative
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:27 pm

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by ThomasKnight » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Matthew wrote:Welcome to Knight Rider Online Thomas,

Hi Matt!

Thanks for the welcome! :D

Whilst you’re certainly entitled to your opinion, I find it extremely hard to understand how a new show being made in 2008 has any sort of effect on your memories of a show that was made between 1982 and 1986.

Well, you know how strong and difficult can emotions and memories be, but one thing is sure: the new show is a real big pain in the neck for everyone! :wink:

I'ts a frase "destroying my childhood and memories" You know what it means! :roll:

As someone who doesn’t particularly like Knight Rider 2000, or Knight Rider 2010, I can tell you with absolute certainly that my love of the original series hasn’t waned in the slightest. In fact, if anything, my appreciation of what we saw during those four years has grown, because the fabric that was woven around those intricately developed characters simply couldn’t be contended with in those iterations. :good:

That right! Our emotions are growing, evolving and sorry if my first post was strong for you and the others, but I had to wait this oportunity to share my thoughts with other fans and by this reason, it was a bit like turbo boost, when kitt was shmashing into buildings and not knocking first, so sorry for that! :wink:
:D :kitt:
"One man can make a difference"
Knight Rider forever

User avatar
weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Weeezlville
Contact:

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by weeezl » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:00 pm

ThomasKnight wrote:
I have seen many short trailers and I exactly know is it gonna wor or not by a film, by it's design... and this topic is about: why this show is going to suck! But don't worry, I can understand your feelings, because as I see you are a K.A.R.R. fan according to your logo. Mine is K.I.T.T. so it tells a lot abou you thinking, your stile and your post is telling the same thing to everybody!

Another goal for K.I.T.T.! :kitt:



What did he just say?

User avatar
kwsta20
Recruit
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:37 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Chicago

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by kwsta20 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:10 pm

I just saw the new 'icon reborn' preview! Can you see mighty morphin power rangers meets the fast and the furious!
Why do they have to go and always mess stuff up! Watch the original pilot previews and i still get chills from last february! They are trying to hard, and this show is going to suck! MORE MUSCLE??????? AT THIS POINT IF THEY WANT FANS JUST BRING THE HOFF IN IT WITH THE FIREBIRD! i'm out... this is a discrace to knight rider and you people will see after about the first 2 weeks i was right!!!

Sincerly,
A man that does not exist :evil:

KnightLegend
Rookie
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:33 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England, Leicestershire County

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by KnightLegend » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:10 pm

I hated the pilot for the new show. I was reviled. It wasn't KR, it was a generic, poorly acted and poorly written show that could just been a cop show but with a hot car. It disgusted and infuriated me.

User avatar
weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:43 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Weeezlville
Contact:

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by weeezl » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:14 pm

Simple answer to all your discrepancies.......Dont watch it then.

User avatar
Matthew
Site Administrator
Posts: 1144
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:01 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: England

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Matthew » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:56 am

weeezl wrote:What did he just say?

The quotes in Thomas' post were messed up mate, so I've fixed them for him to make it easier for us to read. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

User avatar
Matthew
Site Administrator
Posts: 1144
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:01 am
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: England

Re: 10 reasons why this show is going to suck!

Post by Matthew » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:03 am

kwsta20 wrote:I just saw the new 'icon reborn' preview! Can you see mighty morphin power rangers meets the fast and the furious!
Why do they have to go and always mess stuff up! Watch the original pilot previews and i still get chills from last february! They are trying to hard, and this show is going to suck! MORE MUSCLE??????? AT THIS POINT IF THEY WANT FANS JUST BRING THE HOFF IN IT WITH THE FIREBIRD! i'm out... this is a discrace to knight rider and you people will see after about the first 2 weeks i was right!!!

Sincerly,
A man that does not exist :evil:

Since I didn't see any robotic dinosaurs roaming around the preview, I'm not entirely sure where you got the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers comparison from, but I will say this, you're quiet right about the obvious influences from the Fast and the Furious films. But, like I said before, appealing to more than just us will be a big key to this show's success, and so far, they're managing to do it in a way that remains true to the core vision of the Knight Rider.

Roll on September 24th. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Locked