A thought regarding KI3T's spherical voice modulator

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Niggle Snoosh
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

A thought regarding KI3T's spherical voice modulator

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:27 am

I think alot of here are unsure about the new modulators new look, i have my doubts about it which i have mentioned in other posts. Mainly that i don't see much personality in it but i'm willing to give it a chance.

I like the notion that we may get a fisheye lens view of what KI3T sees. That could be very interesting and i wonder if that feature contain provide some extra purpose other than recording footage of the passengers.

Anyway back to the reason i started this post, one of the oddities which has got some negative reaction regarding this new look is the way it sticks out of the dash rather than built into it.
I had a thought that this is (or could be adapted into being) a novel way for KI3T's AI is able to transfer wholesale into the sphere which could then be removed if needed to save KI3T's personality in a pinch, for instance if he were about to submerged in an acid pit or something
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: A thought regarding KI3T's spherical voice modulator

Post by Matthew » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:46 am

After what we saw with Goliath, the drone cars, the acid pit, and the juggernaut, an emergency escape system for the AI's microprocessor would certainly be worth considering. :good:

Unlike in the original series though, I think if GST had something akin to Junkyard Dog in mind, he'd have KITT undergo some form of deliberate change in his personality, because as much as we loved that KITT rose from the dead, remembered his harrowing experience, and then learned to cope with it, the idea of Bonnie being able to recreate KITT's personality so precisely that it was exactly the same way it was before his experience was a bit of a stretch.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:52 am

Hey Snoosh, that's a possibility. I'm not really feeling THAT negative about the sphere. I think it look kinda kool when KITT speaks. I think it's definitely something we've never seen before, and that's in keeping with the moving forward theme. It's good they are trying something new, and hopefully we haven't seen what all that entails... :)
:kitt: :karr:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:50 am

I would like to see the KITTBall 'blacked out' without the blue glow and just have the red 'SoundWave' effect (which i would also like to see change colour to reflect mood like in the pilot....)

i think the black background would help it stand out far more...

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:03 am

no, no! please no color changing!!! Kitt's voice modulator is red, always was and always should be! changing color randomly just to express feelings the car doesn't have would take away a lot of Kitt's identifiability!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:45 am

Blacking out the snow globe would be nice... Certainly would make it look less bad, I still think it needs to look more recessed into the dash too.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:03 pm

Kaine wrote:no, no! please no color changing!!! Kitt's voice modulator is red, always was and always should be! changing color randomly just to express feelings the car doesn't have would take away a lot of Kitt's identifiability!
i quite liked the colour changing in the pilot, with iKI3T i felt it worked pretty well, i think had they decided to continue down that root the red and blue would have been the only colours used to keep it simple. However from the new modulator design i would assume that idea has been given up on as i think it's (possible) success i the pilot is reliant on the black background and it's close proximity and integration with visual communication by adding images.

As it is now i would prefer it to stay red and red alone.
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:08 pm

Mike could take Crystal Ball KI3T out on missions with him and produce him at tense moments, like a medium, in a cloud of stage smoke, looking deep into the sphere and asking what the future holds for the bad guys, to which KI3T could reply, "pain, loss and ultimately solitude..."

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:14 pm

Niggle Snoosh wrote:Anyway back to the reason i started this post, one of the oddities which has got some negative reaction regarding this new look is the way it sticks out of the dash rather than built into it.
I had a thought that this is (or could be adapted into being) a novel way for KI3T's AI is able to transfer wholesale into the sphere which could then be removed if needed to save KI3T's personality in a pinch, for instance if he were about to submerged in an acid pit or something
Interesting theory, Niggle Snoosh. In regards to the backdoor pilot modulator, that was one of my two complaints. While I liked the modulator EKG styling, I didn't like that it was a screen graphic and not built into a physical feature of the dashboard like the Knight 2000's. My other complaint was that it changed other colors from red (I know it was to convey emotion, but I still felt that the modulator should only be red at all times like the scanner).

It seems they've now made it a physical dashboard feature, but come on...a sphere? That's it? It's cool that the EKG has the three lines in the middle now, but I'm not sure that's enough to make up for the sphere. At least put the classic 8-10 buttons from the Knight 2000's modulator on each side. It's fine that the modulator may now become K.I.T.T.'s interior "eyeball," though, which is probably the point of it being a sphere. I agree blacking it out would be a big improvement to get the red and black background.

As it stands, all that's happened to the dashboard is it got a clear sphere and two blue neon lights that can be bought in any auto store. In a lot of ways, it's actually a downgrade from the iPhone screen in the backdoor pilot which I could have never imagined. Really, if the virtual windshield is going to contain everything that would normally be in the dashboard, why have any dashboard at all?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:57 pm

Maybe they spent their budget "pimping" the exterior the Attack KITT? *shrugs*
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:42 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Maybe they spent their budget "pimping" the exterior the Attack KITT? *shrugs*
I thought so too...Although I've never seen much of the original series,I do find the original voice modulator a lot better.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:02 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Maybe they spent their budget "pimping" the exterior the Attack KITT? *shrugs*
Remember, that the original KITT's interior design changed and evolved throughout the series. So who's to say, that along with the AI, we won't see the KI3T evolve too. I think there is a very good chance of seeing that, especially since GST said at the recent Comic-Con that this was the case. In a big way it is a throwback to TOS...

:kitt: :karr:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:50 am

True, but much of the basics were there from the start, I mean they didn't start with a pretty much bare dash. It was improved and updated as time went on, usually with the "help" of KITT being destroyed. :lol:

redtetrahedron
Stranger

Post by redtetrahedron » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:54 pm

Immediately reminded me of

I can here it now: I'M SORRY, MIKE, I CAN'T DO THAT

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:55 pm

redtetrahedron wrote:Image

Immediately reminded me of

I can here it now: I'M SORRY, MIKE, I CAN'T DO THAT
Wow...I can hear that too,now that you mention it,especially when...(click the spoiler if you want to find out somthing)
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
GST said we might get a KARR or Killer KI3T by episode 13...
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:56 pm

I was thinking the same thing!

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:56 am

I know it was said already by fuzzie dice but i thought HAL was trappped in KI3T too!!
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama