Video: curtain unveiling of new KITT

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Video: curtain unveiling of new KITT

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:34 am

Here's a short clip showing how they did the reveal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opYYwQiwosg

They set up the stage on a small concrete park/patio across the street from the convention center.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Video: curtain unveiling of new KITT

Post by Matthew » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:45 am

Thanks Mike,

I've got to admit that I loved the way the unveiling occurred. Having not only KITT, but Justin and Deanna shrouded by the fog as well, made for a really cool surprise. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:51 pm

Here is the attack reveal in its entirety. I caught one of those T-shirts!!!

Some one hollers "open the doors" and GST replies, “Uh you can’t open the door.”
That is until I ask about them for you guys. :mrgreen:

Attack KITT Reveal Part 1

Attack KITT Reveal Part 2
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:14 am

The way Gary Scott Thompson said, "It's not the Pursuit K.I.T.T., it's the Attack K.I.T.T." really sounds like there will be yet another version of the car as well. (Unless he didn't mean it that way.) Personally I think that would be redundant, but with a shapeshifting vehicle that can apparently turn into anything, I suppose that means they can keep redoing the car as much as they want.

Here's my feelings on the car: I think it looks interesting and certainly ridiculously fast. Many parts of it are reminiscent of Super Pursuit Mode, of course. It's accepting it as K.I.T.T. that will take time for me to get used to. The three air valve cylinders (or whatever they're called) actually feel more low-tech than anything, which seems to go against "the car of the future." The rims and wheel sizes will have to grow on me once I see the car in motion and understand the reasons why they are the way they are. I'm going to have to come to terms with the fact that one of K.I.T.T.'s forms is a hot rod now, but when looking at the bigger picture, K.I.T.T. can also be a Ford F-150, too. I also do look at this car and see a wind-up toy version of it that can be rolled back and then released for speed.

It's very much for me to take in because the hot rod look is of course the complete opposite of the Knight 2000. I have an open mind about the entire production and I'm very much looking forward to it, and I will also try to maintain an open mind about this version of the car, too.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:51 am

I doubt they'd have another transformation for Pursuit Mode, it'd probably be something similar to the original.

I think most of the initial shock as worn off for me, there's still things I don't care for, not the biggest fan of the "KittRod" and I still think the hood intake pipes and rims could use some black and don't get me started on the interior but I'm more than willing to give it a chance with seeing it in motion and the proper context. I'm not hating the blue neon lights under the car as much as I did and realize that blue would be better than red if they had to be there since red would probably take away from the scanner and look a little redundant.. I'm a bit curious how just the big spoiler (which I don't hate so much anymore since there's been some reasoning for it) is going to provide enough resistance and drag to help the car stop at a speed of 377MPH. :lol: Why 377MPH also? Why not a nice even 400? I mean if you're gonna have a crazy speed like that, you might as well make it a nice round number. :lol:

On the brightside, at least that's faster than the original KITT ever went, IIRC. So that's a good advancement that the backdoor pilot lacked over the original. Now if only we didn't have two whole months to wait for the first episode! :good:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:34 am

By the way that was a great question you asked about KI2T Matt H. !!!! Too bad GST didn’t give us a real answer. He gave us some hope though. :D
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:03 pm

did anyone else hear during the questions about the new show/car GST said something about the car looking "fast" and someone from the audience said "and furious...."??

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:36 pm

I'm not crazy about the new "attack KITT", but I did like how they unvieled it. I like hearing the thumping of the old KR theme which they had in there.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:37 pm

I think the reason GST states its "not the pursuit KITT" is because when we got the spoiler picture, Jaimetheking put the subject heading, linking it to 'SPM....'

also GST does state that the new car has weapons too (mentioning Lasers and also the Flares which we heard from the clip)

its upto the US fans of KR to make it a hit and make sure we get more than the currently scheduled 13 episodes from this new incarnation of the franchise...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:32 am

The regular car needs black rims too! Since the old Attack car is gone, I think they should have put them on there instead of the chrome.

Shiny Black >>>> Regular Chrome.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:56 am

I can understand some fans being put off by the "hot rod" look-- and ideally I'd want a sleeker and more futuristic KITT too-- but I have to admit the car they came up with still looks really badass. It actually looks like a real Attack Mode now, and like something that will be exciting to see on TV. Unlike the previous version, which just wasn't cool or different enough.