New kr logo

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

crashb648
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New kr logo

Post by crashb648 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:29 am

i don't know where to post this, but here's the new logo from the trailer.
By crashb648
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

hardy
Volunteer

Re: New kr logo

Post by hardy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:07 am

thanks for the info... but it's not sooooo new...

its allready on the official page: http://www.nbc.com/knightrider

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:21 am

Not new news, but still pretty awful now that it's confirmed. I'm sorry, but I find this just a little too excessive. Am I the only one?

I hope it backfires on them big time. :)

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:34 am

I'm not keen on it either, but i suppose i'll learn to live with it

PR and product placement aside it is also just a butt-ugly logo initself :(.... oh well
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:00 am

I *still* can't get over that there's a Cobra instead of a Knight. :( Somehow it still doesn't make sense.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:36 am

This thing has to go...QUICK. And it truly does look like a Bud Light logo as victor kros pointed out.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:40 pm

knight rider energy drink!

cool

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:48 pm

"Soo, crack open an ice cold Kobra Rider, Mister 'Rider of the Knight,' because you never know when you'll be in a high-octane car chase."

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:23 pm

It does indeed look like it belongs to a beer

or energy drink :)

KITTRINA
Recruit

Post by KITTRINA » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:28 pm

I agree it should be a knight........that logo sucks! :evil:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:14 pm

Don't give them ideas... They just might make it into an energy drink! LOL! As long as it doesn't have that dumb "ethyl of wood rosin" or whatever in it or caffiene, I might take a drink. I like Gatorade Rain (esp. strawberry kiwi) :)

As for the beer - we don't need folks encouraged to drink and drive! :shock:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:20 pm

But after seeing it, some might feel like it just before they drive off a cliff.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:31 pm

Posted by neps in another thread from today.

Got some great footage with Gary talking about the car. This isn't the super pursuit mode car, thats something else they haven't conceptualized. The KR logo stands for Knight Research - and the cobra is for that devision. He said the Knight logo still exists in the larger Knight Industries corporation.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:43 pm

gotigers1 wrote:
Posted by neps in another thread from today.

Got some great footage with Gary talking about the car. This isn't the super pursuit mode car, thats something else they haven't conceptualized. The KR logo stands for Knight Research - and the cobra is for that devision. He said the Knight logo still exists in the larger Knight Industries corporation.
I have read this and although i do appreciate that there has been more effort to implement things into the show other than basic product placement, but all of us here know the real reason it.

Divisions don't generally get a seperate logo, usually none at all and a cobra solves no logical purpose where a knight does. Also when watching the panel talk Gary Scott Thompson can be seen to call it Knight Research and Development and if that is indeed the case then KR with a cobra doesn't really fit anymore.

I don't want to moan about product placement issues but it does seem a pretty feeble attempt to placate the fans while serving there own purposes. I for one don't think there is a cool to have things like that paid attention too since surely just being the face of Knight Rider should be enough. 80% of the show will be their product on screen anyway

To me the thing i hate most about is it looks poor, the logo could have at least been designed well. I'm pretty sure the K and R dont match the K and R from the Knight Rider titles in the other recent ads anyway

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:47 pm

Maybe it was designed by Ford's marketing department? >_> <_<
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:55 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Maybe it was designed by Ford's marketing department? >_> <_<
funnily enough, i never assumed it wasn't. Wish is kind of why it annoys me so much. NBC still surely have the rights and access the Knight logos we are used so have no need to change them

Ford on the other hand, maybe just trying to milk all the can get from the deal, which although incredibly irritating is also annoyingly understandable. However you would think (if it is indeed their design) and they want to sell the coolness of KI3T being a mustang they would have done a much better job with their badge

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:24 pm

I just wanted to add that I had the opportunity myself to I ask GST the same question about the slant towards using a cobra over the horsehead piece after the attack KITT reveal and his answer was basically that the original logos do exist somewhere but the show is leaning more towards the persona of a cobra because he believes the K3000 is more swift and effective, striking with swift speed and striking without warning.

That's not an exact quote, but its a good summary as to why we will not be seeing the horsehead emblem used in a regular capacity in the series. I agree with my original impression about this new Knight Rider logo, it really does look more like something for Bud Light or Shelby then a serious research department emblem.

I also asked him about how the new show was going to address the original members of the team such as Devon and Bonnie. He responded with a pretty evasive answer (but I don't blame him, since they're trying to keep details secret) that he has taken them into consideration and that we should be happy with how he is going to answer that question.

Guess we'll find out come September.

=VK=
:dash:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:12 pm

victor kros wrote:I just wanted to add that I had the opportunity myself to I ask GST the same question about the slant towards using a cobra over the horsehead piece after the attack KITT reveal and his answer was basically that the original logos do exist somewhere but the show is leaning more towards the persona of a cobra because he believes the K3000 is more swift and effective, striking with swift speed and striking without warning.

That's not an exact quote, but its a good summary as to why we will not be seeing the horsehead emblem used in a regular capacity in the series. I agree with my original impression about this new Knight Rider logo, it really does look more like something for Bud Light or Shelby then a serious research department emblem.

I also asked him about how the new show was going to address the original members of the team such as Devon and Bonnie. He responded with a pretty evasive answer (but I don't blame him, since they're trying to keep details secret) that he has taken them into consideration and that we should be happy with how he is going to answer that question.

Guess we'll find out come September.

=VK=
Very good to hear VK especially about Devon and Bonnie. However did anyone mention or hear if they are considering William Daniels to reprise the role of KITT if they try and bring him back? I am sure they can do some computer thing for the voice if they couldn't get him anyway, however I do really wish for him to return especially after hearing him say that "why can't we have both KITT's?"!!!

Thanks!

Joe

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:06 pm

I've already made my feelings clear about the KR logo, i'm not a fan of the cobra etc but....... as it is going to happen i can only hope the version we see onscreen is a two tone variation like the one that appears on the T-Shirt below. This version is a lot cleaner and atleast looks like a little care has been had with the design and does look less ridiculous as a company/division logo
Sue wrote:And here’s a signed T shirt that they were throwing to the crowd. I’ll never be able to wash it. :D
It's not perfect but i do find this version (just about) tolerable

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:02 am

victor kros wrote:I also asked him about how the new show was going to address the original members of the team such as Devon and Bonnie. He responded with a pretty evasive answer (but I don't blame him, since they're trying to keep details secret) that he has taken them into consideration and that we should be happy with how he is going to answer that question.
In fact - I have footage of VK asking that very question!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqLSGX2tDE8

(the quick frame drop is removing VK from the video - as a courtesy)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:25 am

victor kros,

Why so evasive?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:42 am

Evasive about what? I didn't edit the video but I appreciate Neil taking the initiative to do so. It shouldn't matter if you know what I look like or sound like, it doesn't change the things I am doing which are positive for the KR community. Is seeing me on camera really that necessary?

It was so loud and so frantic around there it was really hard to keep focus with the limited time you get to talk to cast and crew. I even stumbled on my words when citing how GST had watched the original series pilot and that really shows just how surreal the experience was to see these people you read about and hear about and then there they are standing right in front of you listening to your comments with geniune interest.

Again I would like to say I enjoyed meeting Neil (in his fancy dress coat) Sue (in her unique black KRO shirt), and Mike handling the camera. I wish we had more time to hang out but I'm sure there will be a next time in the near future. It was a very positive and productive experience.

Neil and Mike were very professional and were on the ball to give KRO the best coverage they could manage. Whether I agree with the series direction or not given my position with the motion picture (and as a die hard Knight Rider fan with a preference for the original series) everyone was generous with their time to make sure the fan's support was greatly appreciated. The fact that Justin, Deanna, and GST went that extra mile to sign and take photos with fans really speaks to their character.

I won't say I don't have concerns about the direction of the series (especially from a design standpoint) but it would be unfair to draw a negative conclusion based on the experiences I had at the panel and the event.

At this point, the ball is in their court.

Before this year is over, Knight Rider in general will be firmly back on the map.

The best is yet to come.

For now though, I am ready to head home in the morning.

=VK=

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:18 am

Gah, I was going to try and call it a preserving of a mystery tie that in with the whole "man who does not exist" thing but I've already killed what was left of my brain (which wasn't much to start with, even when wide awake) writing multiple, excessively long posts.

While thinking about that and the KR Kobra logo (specifically the beer one) it made me realize that this new show needs a new voice over intro, a voice over done by Billy Dee Williams! :lol:

Alright, I think I have my name as the last poster on enough of these topics now, I'm actually going to go get some sleep.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:32 pm

victor kros wrote:Evasive about what? I didn't edit the video but I appreciate Neil taking the initiative to do so. It shouldn't matter if you know what I look like or sound like, it doesn't change the things I am doing which are positive for the KR community. Is seeing me on camera really that necessary?
It doesn't matter, I was just curious. I hope you don't have the wrong idea that I sit around thinking, "Why can't we see victor kros?" :lol: