TV Series - 1st Sneak Peek

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

dag268
Rookie

Re: TV Series - 1st Sneak Peek

Post by dag268 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:35 pm

Even with the flaws we have all mentioned its still better then the Knight Rider 2000 2010 and TKR. I cant speak for everyone but for me I hope Im wrong. I watched all the incarnations because of the title and im afraid the new show will miss its mark like every one prior. I do hope like the original, this show will evolve and if it is off its mark in the begining it will adapt. :good:

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:37 pm

the tone of the show isnt what i find to be the problem. it seems like its trying to have humor, action and romance; which is what a knight rider show is supposed to have. but with that said, the car should be futuristic and sleek looking. if that is new attack kitt and it look like a hot rod, it totally takes away from the sleakness and for me, the cool factor. i much prefer the car with the wrong "knight rider" dcal and the lambo wings. i'm hoping that the beauty car gets destroyed or something and that they replace it with the car from the car show. the front looks the same but in the teaser, the back end of the car may get mangled from the explosion. i am not holding my breath and dont think that will happen, but one can hope. it is surprising that they release this teaser two days prior to the "big reveal".

but again, it may be damage control because of the leaked pictures. i also don't really care for the new voice modulator and kitts voice. i think the voice from the latest trailers are unused will arnett pieces, because it sounds more robotic and doesnt really sound like val kilmer. the more i hear of will arnetts voice, i like, the more of val kilmer, not so much. i'm just hoping that the show brings back a cool factor. for all the bad, or disappointed feelings i have right now, i am still very much looking forward to the show. i do like traceur taking on the name and deanna is looking really good. so we'll see, and only time will tell.

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:38 pm

dag268 wrote:Even with the flaws we have all mentioned its still better then the Knight Rider 2000 2010 and TKR. I cant speak for everyone but for me I hope Im wrong. I watched all the incarnations because of the title and im afraid the new show will miss its mark like every one prior. I do hope like the original, this show will evolve and if it is off its mark in the begining it will adapt. :good:

i definitely agree with this lol. almost to a "t"

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Sue » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:52 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:When I first saw the Mustang last year, I thought "uh oh, fans might not like this." When I saw the movie, I thought "OK, I can see where people won't like it." But I admit I'm surprised about the reaction to this teaser. Sure, there are some nitpicks (some bigger than others) but doesn't anyone else get the sense that it FEELS like Knight Rider? It looks fun and fast and exciting, some pretty slick technology in there, and in some ways it's getting back to basics. We don't need big convoluted plots; fire some missiles out of helicopters, chase some motorcycles.

I thought the original movie, with it's flaws, laid down a decent foundation (pun intended) and I for one think this is a huge step to make it even better.
Remember this conversation.
Lost Knight wrote:As curious as I am to see the new version of the car, I'd rather be patient and inadvertently see it leaked. I mean, it's not very realistic to presume that I'll be able to make it to the series premiere without seeing or hearing about the new version, especially here. I remember when we first saw photos of the Attack car how many of us weren't impressed or thought they went for the The Fast and the Furious look. I think it might make it easier to accept if it's not officially presented this time. I think people will be less likely to dismiss it that way. I could be wrong, though.
Sue wrote:It’s true. I don’t think I had seen KI3T at all when I sat down to watch the movie. It would be like peeking in the closet at your Christmas present before Christmas. … I was so into the story I wasn’t thinking hey he’s a Mustang, I was just thinking OMG Knight Rider is finally back… and when it got to those familiar beats in the new theme, I was like 6 years old all over again. But how is this not gonna leak out, and how can I not look.
Remember this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BYCnOkgGBI
if this happens to me, this will be me crashing my car. Hey NBC get a semi with some walls! But even if they do that, they gotta take him out to shoot the scene... Unless they do it all CGI?
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:57 pm

What a shame. I still plan to tune in this September, but I'm very disappointed tonight.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:44 am

i like the new voice modulator its closer to eye level, i think the heads up display on the windshield is awesome, and i really like the blue neon lights around the bottom of the car, i think they need to do something with the steering wheel i liked the half steering wheel from the pilot movie better.
in glen larson we trust.

nightwheel
Volunteer

Post by nightwheel » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:10 am

I'm pleasantly surprised how much better the new "Knight Rider" series looks compared to the Movie that was released back in February. I will indeed be watching this when it First airs!

Gadjet
Rookie

Post by Gadjet » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:44 am

I thought it was a improvement over the pilot movie.

I like the vox box (or vox bowl) ok it should have been smaller and fitted where K2000s was but it is a improvement.

The HUD looks stonking esp the way the pages were at a angle for the driver to read more easily. Liked that alot :)

One thing I have been thinking about is why does the dash have to stay the same? KI3T has the ability to transform his outer shell so why not the dash, like in Dr Who the inside of the car could be changed like a desk top on a computer. One week all screens and stuff the next lots of buttons and LEDs.

The attack mode I liked alto it does make KITT looks a little like the Death race mustang to me.

All in all im looking forward to it.

Gadjet
My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/gadget127 contains my own vids Street Hawk vs Knight rider, Knight rider/Mad max music vids and lots of high octaine action

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:52 am

I had to log in and share my 2 cents. I see a lot of positive people and some negative ones... You can add my opinion to the positive ones. I was watching the teaser and I exclaimed wow while it was still running... the theme, the morphing, very nice, it works. I would have to agree with Mike P. This indeed does feel like a new and modern day souped up version of Knight Rider and I love it (visually, the way it was shot and presented). It feels expensive somehow because of the angles and techniques used. The hero car looks great (read drop dead gorgeous), the attack KITT seems "ok", though a bit over the top... but then again, we still need to see the unveiling and see the actual car... as in the teaser we don´t know what it is nor was it shown that long... so hard to judge really. There is one thing which they should not have done and that is designate the show KR in the teaser and use the new logo. Though I like cobra´s and snakes as characters and designations (see my name *hint hint*) I do agree that the logo should have had a horse of some sort... I mean come on... the car is even named after one, Mustang.

However, based on this teaser I am very hyped and excited and can´t wait for september!!! And with me many many others I reckon.

This show is bound to not only revive the franchise but also to draw in HEAPS of new fans.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:08 am

I will say that it certainly looks like it may be fun but the interior looks more like a regression than a progression from the backdoor pilot. I guess on the bright side at least the VM is closer to eye level. Just rather disappointed with all the talk there was about how they were going to redesign things and GST's excessive use of the word "cool" I thought maybe, just maybe there would be a big difference and improvement with the design. Which at this point doesn't seem to be the case. They even regressed on the steering wheel. O_o I know the gull wing steering wheel is a bit unrealistic in its functionality but it certainly looks cooler than just a regular old stock one. That dash is just begging for it to have some sort of functionality. I was afraid GST would take this in a more Fast and the Furious direction with the car and maybe I shouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet, but I can't say this put me at any sort of ease.

Hopefully the writing makes up for whatever short comings the car's appearance may have.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:45 am

I showed a friend the footage and he thinks it looks lame.

I'm geared up for any kind of KR but from a technical point, it looks cheap and artificial.

Also, they got that line where KITT asks Mike if he was homosexual again....didn't he already ask that same line in the pilot? :wink:

And, eugh, I hated the transformation part. Cringe worthy.

You couple that with the fact the Attack Mode KITT sucks too and it all makes me think this show will last two seasons total.

They need to bring the fantasy down a notch or two. Keep it basic. Have the car do simple but yet great stunts that look realistic to achieve.

Sorry, but I think all the footage I've seen strays too far from the original world of KR.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:23 am

For me, the tone and feel of that teaser is about right, it does exactly what it says on the tin - a "contemporary" take of Knight Rider.

Like Doctor Who here in the UK though, I wonder who the core audience is that they are pitching this new show at?

Is it the current young male 13-25 type audience, or is it the 25-40 year old audience who were the original series' fans?

I know the rebooted DW here initially met with quite a lot of resistance from the "original" fans and still cops a lot of flak, but THEY aren't the CORE audience the show is aimed at - it's that NEW wider audience, the younger PlayStation generation who've grown up with a lot of excitement and stimulation, yet at the same time there are many elements from the original to keep the older fans happy.

This new KR is gonna be kick-ass cool and very "NOW", which hopefully means that it'll run for a while. I'm really looking forward to the ride, despite a few reservations (the KI3T-Rod doesn't do it for me at all).

Fantasy series fans haven't had it this good for over 20 years now!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:36 am

I am 99.9% sure that the Kitt-Rod is just for one episode only "Journey To The End Of The Knight" involving a street race. We`ll find out soon enough though, Friday, July 25 11:00am-3:00pm Knight Rider "Attack KITT" Car Reveal.

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:39 am

nice KR cobra logo at the end

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:46 am

weeezl wrote:I am 99.9% sure that the Kitt-Rod is just for one episode only "Journey To The End Of The Knight" involving a street race. We`ll find out soon enough though, Friday, July 25 11:00am-3:00pm Knight Rider "Attack KITT" Car Reveal.

i hope thats true, but you have some things going against this theory. 1) they had the pictures taken down a few days ago, 2) in the minute sneak preview, it was the hot rod kitt that they kept alluding to, and 3) gary scott created fast and the furious. while that doesnt sound like much, it is true that he has a particular idea for how fast cars should look and what he thinks maybe the general audience might prefer. i hope i'm wrong, but after the sneak preview, i'm not so sure :(

p.s. i really do hope that i'm wrong. i don't want a hot rod for kitt lol.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:55 am

epc1122 wrote:

i hope thats true, but you have some things going against this theory. 1) they had the pictures taken down a few days ago, 2) in the minute sneak preview, it was the hot rod kitt that they kept alluding to, and 3) gary scott created fast and the furious. while that doesnt sound like much, it is true that he has a particular idea for how fast cars should look and what he thinks maybe the general audience might prefer. i hope i'm wrong, but after the sneak preview, i'm not so sure :(

p.s. i really do hope that i'm wrong. i don't want a hot rod for kitt lol.

Good point.

Oh and I really hope that youre wrong too ! :D

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:10 pm

When I first saw the Mustang last year, I thought "uh oh, fans might not like this." When I saw the movie, I thought "OK, I can see where people won't like it." But I admit I'm surprised about the reaction to this teaser. Sure, there are some nitpicks (some bigger than others) but doesn't anyone else get the sense that it FEELS like Knight Rider? It looks fun and fast and exciting, some pretty slick technology in there, and in some ways it's getting back to basics. We don't need big convoluted plots; fire some missiles out of helicopters, chase some motorcycles.
I know we seem to be making mountains out of mohills so to speak, especially with literally only 1 minute of footage shown, but i think fans of the show have a right to be a little worried. We know that this is going to be a modernized Knight Rider that relects today's times and not as they were back in the 80's. But let's also tak into account that this is the same network the "modernized" Bionic Woman. While i did somewhat enjoy the show, we can see where taking a much loved property and trying to put too much of a new spin on it. I loved the first FATF Movie and I loved Las vegas (which GST also ran on NBC) so I'm really hoping that he can pull it off and amke this a success for all involved. New and old fans alike.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:42 pm

I can remember back when I was following the development of Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins and first learned that the Tumbler would be the new Batmobile and how pissed off I was about it. What helped me get over the fact that they were doing away with such an iconic vehicle and replacing it with an incomplete-looking tank/Lamborghini hybrid was the fact that I knew Nolan was an excellent writer and director. When I saw the film I thought it was so well done that I was able to get over the fact that we didn't get a traditional Batmobile because it fit into the context of the story and it wasn't as important to the overall plot. I am looking at the new Knight Rider the same way. Despite the fact that I really dislike the K.I.T.T.-rod (which we still don't know is official as of this writing), if the rest of the show is done right and maintains the right tone, I might be able to get over it in the same way as I did for Batman Begins.
Last edited by Lost Knight on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:49 pm

Lost Knight wrote:I can remember back when I was following the development of Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins and first learned that the Tumbler would be the new Batmobile and how pissed off I was about it. What helped me get over the fact that they were doing away with such an iconic vehicle and replacing it with an incomplete-looking tank/Lamborghini hybrid was the fact that I knew Nolan was an excellent writer and director. When I saw the film I thought it was so well done that I was able to get over the fact that we didn't get a traditional Batmobile. I am looking at the new Knight Rider the same way. Despite the fact that I really dislike the K.I.T.T.-rod (which still as of this writing we don't know if it's official), if the rest of the show is done right and maintains the right tone, I might be able to get over it in the same way as I did for Batman Begins.
I agree with you 100%. I am a die hard Batman fan and when I heard of the Tumbler being the new Batmobile I was very worried about that, however I kept my chin up and waited it see everything for myself. I am sure if we give KR a chance to return as a new and improved series it will not only meet our expectations, but exceed them!

Joe

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:48 pm

The Tumbler is a Bad-Ass machine, I actually preferred it to the original Batmobiles,maybe because it was actually a functional real vehicle, The orginal Batmobiles were pretty cool and stylish but were more prop car-ish. :)

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:00 pm

Hmmmmmmmmm... Very interesting... For some reason, I truly believe that we were just treated with only the tip of the iceberg here. :kitt: :karr:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:00 pm

And could only drive in straight line. :lol: At least when it came to the original Burton Batmobile. I never had a problem with the Tumbler, I thought it fit. The fact that it's a real, at least semi-functional vehicle was a plus. But I think there is a difference here though since KITT and the car is a star of the show.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:11 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:And could only drive in straight line. :lol: At least when it came to the original Burton Batmobile. I never had a problem with the Tumbler, I thought it fit. The fact that it's a real, at least semi-functional vehicle was a plus. But I think there is a difference here though since KITT and the car is a star of the show.
I was intially disgusted by the tumbler, but once i calmed down i thought it was ok and then when i saw the film it fit in really well.
However i was never remotely attached to the Batmobile in the same way as i have always been with KITT. Then and now KITT is a cool looking car, sleek and sexy and all forms of KI3T (transforming aside) should reflect that too.
KI3T should be a car that would give you a sense of pride to own, The Mustang has just enough coolness to fit that bill but that Hot Rod does not.
We just have to pin our hope on either a)The Attack KI3T that is unveiled is not the Hot Rod or b) In context it works well. Oh well now we just wait
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:37 pm

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I thing the KITT-Cave is the old Viper Complex, only updated (will be interesting to see it in the new KR though)
I want to see more of the VM before I totally bash it.

The morph, while differing from the original nanotech in the movie, is still not overly bad.

Despite what I think so far, I have always liked TV shows that used vehicles to fight crime.

krfan1

Squirrel3D
Rookie

Post by Squirrel3D » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:36 pm

Sorry everyone, but I lost any hope for this new series after seeing the teaser.

I hope it bombs like the bionic woman did. At this point I'm all for leaving old school TV shows alone.
Becuase one man CAN make a difference