TV Series - 1st Sneak Peek

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: TV Series - 1st Sneak Peek

Post by Sue » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:45 pm

Whoa! :shock: :shock: I had to watch that about 10 times to absorb it. :shock: :shock:
I think you all have pretty much covered it, and I think I agree with all your conclusions. Here were my thoughts.

Michael Knight??!!! :shock:
Homosexual? We heard that joke already. :?
I agree, not so sure about this new VM. :|
Attack KITT? Humm, they did say we wouldn’t see him in the clip at comic con on Thursday so hummm… :?:
And yes was that a full steering wheel? :?:
And yes KRAvenger I hope we get more tomorrow, I wouldn’t want that to have ruined it. :?
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:46 pm

I hope they have KITT transform into a medium blue '99 Ford Taurus SE. Then I'd be staring at my own car waiting for it to turn into KITT! :lol:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:47 pm

I just thought of something... I think it's neat that they have KITT transform into various vehicles because then those of us who actually HAVE such make/models would then have a 'little piece of KITT' in a way. ;)

I'll be watching for at least a nod to Tauruses. 8)

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:51 pm

the nano transformation is a dream come true in story terms for a sponsor isnt it....?
Ki3t doesnt have to be destroyed to be rebuilt as the latest model of whatever ford wish to plug at the time...

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:54 pm

At least with them opening the possibilty of KI3T being able to morph into vehicles other then Mustangs it at least opens the possibity for a Trans Am appearence

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:03 pm

dag268 wrote:At least with them opening the possibilty of KI3T being able to morph into vehicles other then Mustangs it at least opens the possibity for a Trans Am appearence
ahhhhhhh we can dream, such a moment in the series could easily be used for a heartwarming moment (or cheesy sentimental tripe) as Mike is shocked when he sees because it brings back memories of how a car like that would appear outside his house from time to time when he was a child. Thus making him realise Michael was watching over him all along
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:37 pm

It would be nice. I just hope this dosen't become To Fast to Furious with a red scanner on the front and alot of CGI. The concept of the oroginal was believable. For the most part it was possible. I was shows like that that led me to my curent job choice. I can also sit down and watch TOS with my kids and not worry about what they see. Well see if the new one has the same feel to it. :kitt:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:46 pm

in fairness, the CGI used for the transformation looked smoother than the pilot version...

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:53 pm

By the way if you all are looking to see it full screen with a little bit better quality than youtube try...
http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rider/video/#cat=new
(Unless you’re on an airplane that is, but excellent work Weeezl! :good: )
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:56 pm

I just hope the whole show is not CGI. I know they will have to use CGI for some but a little non CGI ski mode and turbo boost ect would be nice.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:12 pm

yeah, Turbo and Ski mode, BUT, why is it every time I see this car transform do I get the feeling that Turbo Boost will NOT be what we're used to. Turbo Boost will end up being that dumbass Attack Mode car. You watch!! :good:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:14 pm

Okay, so I had been complaining a while back about KITT losing his scanner… I can’t really see that it’s on in “attack mode,” but look at this.... :D
kitttruck.jpg
kitttruck.jpg (90.87 KiB) Viewed 13094 times

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:25 pm

I think your right about turbo boost not being what we are used to. I hope they get something right.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:37 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:ok just watched again (as i suspect a few have several times as well...) theres good news and bad news....

good news

Ki3t now has his personalised number plate (licence plate)

bad news

it contains only 2 letters, "KR" but in TOS the term "knight rider" was never actually referred to, TKR always frustrated me for that reason, so now it looks like apart from the constant shots of the cobra, we're going to be force fed the idea that this car is the KR model (albeit meaning King of the Road but its a plug nonetheless...)
How ever did you spot that! :shock: :good:
I agree, we should be the only ones who are allowed to call it that. :wink:
kr.jpg
kr.jpg (101.24 KiB) Viewed 13056 times

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:46 pm

The other thing that intrests me is the tag is not of any state, just a plain white plate.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:52 pm

I think your right about turbo boost not being what we are used to. I hope they get something right.
I'm tellin ya'!! You watch. Everyone who has been waiting for Turbo Boost is going to be waiting for it to happen during the first episode and will all be disappointed. If we're really, really lucky, we might have an outside chance of getting ski mode, because i don't think it does as much damage to the car. (They could show the underside of another Mustang and who would know?) But I doubt we'll see any car jumps. Or much more car chase action, for that matter, .except for pickup trucks) . :roll:

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:04 pm

So they can morph into a car cheaper to replace if it gets damaged and they can destroy a couple f-150, maybe a few focus's and maybe they can bring back the tempo. They should be cheap to replace. :twisted:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:08 pm

Here are some more screen grabs, the KITT cave and the possible attack KITT. I’m so excited… I’ll get no sleep tonight.
kittcave.jpg
kittcave.jpg (117.7 KiB) Viewed 12998 times
Kittcave2.jpg
Kittcave2.jpg (127.28 KiB) Viewed 13000 times
attackmaybe.jpg
attackmaybe.jpg (83.11 KiB) Viewed 13001 times
Can’t really blame him for needing more air vents, after all he’s got a scanner stuck up his nose.

Edit: Hey! That’s not a Shelby, notice the differently shaped headlights and grille. Why this car looks more like the one I filmed at Universal. :shock:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:33 pm

This one...
UniversalMustang.jpg
UniversalMustang.jpg (123.47 KiB) Viewed 12971 times

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:54 pm

I guess I liked it more than some of you did. Visually it's looks interesting. It's very colorful, slick and flashy. It also looks like a lot of fun. The preview has a very different tone than the TV movie.

We can't really gather from this if the stories will be well written or the characters will be unique. I am looking forward to the premiere.

Thanks for the screen grabs and video posts.

I'm sure some of us who watched the original will love it, others will hate it and there will be new fans who prefer this one to the original.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:04 pm

I can't believe that Val's voice STILL sounds like Narration of the show and not like it's actually a computers voice that's coming from the car. I really have a feeling that the voice is going to be the worst thing in the series. I bought the excuse of time to record and edit the voice when he came on last minute for the pilot but for this?? Really?? That'd be a good questions to ask GST neil...if they're going to make KITT's voice more computerized sounding. I also have a feeling we'll get a slight tip of the hat to the Trans Am. We'll hear KITT rifling off suggestions of what to turn into and when he mentions a Trans Am Mike will say something to the effect of Anything but a Trans Am or something like that. I'm curious though how he all of a sudden becomes Michael Knight when there's probably a whole lot of people that know him as Mike Tracer unless he's just taking the name as a nod to his father or something. The original Michael Knight was a man who did not exist because he was given an entirely new identity not just inheriting a name.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:04 pm

In the end it'll depend on how things come together, but right now I'm rather disappointed in how it looks like they did almost nothing to the interior.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:17 pm

It does look like they tried to keep a similar shape to the original voice modulator. It looks like its 3 bars. I dont like the bowl on top of the voice box.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:22 pm

When I first saw the Mustang last year, I thought "uh oh, fans might not like this." When I saw the movie, I thought "OK, I can see where people won't like it." But I admit I'm surprised about the reaction to this teaser. Sure, there are some nitpicks (some bigger than others) but doesn't anyone else get the sense that it FEELS like Knight Rider? It looks fun and fast and exciting, some pretty slick technology in there, and in some ways it's getting back to basics. We don't need big convoluted plots; fire some missiles out of helicopters, chase some motorcycles.

I thought the original movie, with it's flaws, laid down a decent foundation (pun intended) and I for one think this is a huge step to make it even better.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:32 pm

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
So that car with the chrome air vents on the hood is Attack KITT?It's not *that* bad,although it's not the best idea in the world(KI3T needs his air intake,I guess?).After remember seeing this forum post's pictures
viewtopic.php?f=1041&t=11738,I liked the taillights,and some of the silver airvents,and the spoiler(even though it doesn't have to be *that* high up).

I also noticed KI3T's license plates are plain white with black "KR" lettering on it.I can make an assumption that his license plates can morph just like he can(seems logical for many reasons),and will change depending on the situation,or place he is in.And maybe the "KR" is a case of "Beauty in the Eye of the Beholder".Some may say it stands for "Knight Rider",some may say it stands for "King of the Road",and I do feel a little product placement being chucked in my face here.

Turbo Boosting(what would KR be without it?).I guess KI3T will have a burst of speed and jump.I can see a few easy choices:
1.)Use a cheap car KI3T will morph into and then trash it,
2.)Use CGI.But if they're going to use this,they'll have to make it really good to make it belivable.
3.)Take a Ford Mustang,add some body kits and make it look like Ki3T.Mustangs aren't *that* expensive for NBC...right?
4.)Or use a real Shelby and make it jump! :D But that will burn gaping holes in NBC's wallet. :mrgreen:
And there better be a Turbo Boost... :good:

KI3T being a TRUCK.Yep,morphing seems awesome,doesn't it? :mrgreen: I like the whole morphing part of Ki3T and the truck is fine.One other thing I hope to see in the series is KI3T morphing into things that are not Fords.Like a Civic(Yeah,I'm hoping for that.4TH. and 8TH. GEN,plz NBC! :dance: ),or at least the original KITT.Speaking from a corporate sense now,morphing was probably a better choice for NBC because,if Ford or NBC wanted to break the contract,they can do that without the need to destroy KI3T.He'll just decide "randomly" decide one fine day he wants to be a different car and write just it into the story *cough*4th. and 8th. gen Civic plz!*cough*

KI3T's dash.Not bad,and I like the blue neon.I noticed there's a lot of FatF influence in KR '08.The interior doesn't look like it's changed much since the Pilot episode.

KI3T's voice-one of the most important elements,which shares a place with Turbo Boost(at the top of the KITT-must-have list of course! :mrgreen: ).As like what some other people said that it sounds more like a narration than a computer,and I agree that it does.All KI3T needs is some personality,and he has to sound a lot more human too,otherwise KI3T's not complete! :o KITT's ability to capture some human quality in his voice is what made him interesting.KI3T obviously can't sound bland!

In conclusion,KI3T's far from perfect(so was KITT in 1982,based on what everyone says),and it's going to take a little more than tweaking things here and there to convince people that KI3T's a fast,intelligent,sentinent(WITH a personality,of course),awesome car,and not just a computer with a speedy set of wheels.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9