TV Series - 1st Sneak Peek

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

cajunknight0153
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: TV Series - 1st Sneak Peek

Post by cajunknight0153 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:52 pm

looks like they're goin with the full steering wheel instead of the top cut off like in the pilot

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:53 pm

pheonix_knight wrote: one odd thing about the transformation, how do they get from the bed of the pickup into the seats of the mustang..??

and watch the last part of the transformation again the way they appear in the seats... quite odd
Television Magic :D

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:55 pm

looks crazy, (good crazy) well everyone wanted a wow factor added into the show and i think we got it
Ice rider coming 2009

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:00 pm

i didnt notice that until i read your post cajunknight, it would be nice to see some buttons on the steering wheel now that is full after all even a lowly Citroen had volume controls for the radio 15 years ago...

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:11 pm

Lameth1 wrote:I just joined for the specific purpose of posting a pic of the dash...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
KR2000 anybody? The layout of the dash and the windshield HUD is quite the same...

jaimetheking
Operative

Post by jaimetheking » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:12 pm

Wow, the attack car looks alot better in action! But what's with the Blue L.E.D.'s under the front bumper and on the rearview mirrors? I guess we can post my Set Photos back up to compare and contrast.
I guess to cut costs on building these cars, they made the windshield the computer displays. Plus it keeps up with the times.
I want this as attack mode KITT!
shelby-gt500kr-kitt11.jpg
shelby-gt500kr-kitt11.jpg (27.32 KiB) Viewed 13841 times

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:19 pm

ya know when you show the original 'attack mode' it does make the new one seem pretty cool especially now its been seen in action...

the old one, although only on screen a few months ago, does look dated now...

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:38 pm

weeezl wrote:
pheonix_knight wrote: one odd thing about the transformation, how do they get from the bed of the pickup into the seats of the mustang..??

and watch the last part of the transformation again the way they appear in the seats... quite odd
Television Magic :D
It probably is just that, although after watching it again (after it being pointed out) i did wonder if there's just missing footage inbetween edited out so they can cut to the transformation quicker
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:49 pm

looks like some new seats and no computer in the back seat, and it looks like the "KITT Cave" is in an airport hangar or some sort of warehouse

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:10 pm

Love the blue glow under and around the car (that's just the 80s in me; I was a big fan of the neon-car phase).

Love the heads-up display.

Not too keen on the voice modulator, would still like to see more physical controls/displays on the dash but the windshield seems to make up for it.

The morphing looks more "mechanical" than magical which I'm very happy about (although still probably violates some laws of physics.)

The Attack KITT looks much better here than it did in the still photos we saw.

I like the tone; it feels very Knight Rider-esque with the motorcycle chase and the helicopter missiles.

And I'm still a big fan of the updated music.

I feel good about what they've done here.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:
And I'm still a big fan of the updated music.

I feel good about what they've done here.
I hope they've now ditched the idea of having the theme rearranged every episode by new artists...

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:27 pm

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but did anyone see the cylon in the grill of the truck before it transformed? I thought I seen it for a split second.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:27 pm

I'm trying hard not to let the Attack mode cloud my judgement but what the *!&X!!!!! :evil:

Utterly disappointed by the awful awful attack mode. I'd almost buy it if it were not for that stupid intake scoop on the hood and those rubbish wheels. Its suppose to look state of the art, not junk from the 70's!

The nanotech makes a lot more sense than this Transformers inspired mechanical based operation. Atleast you can suspend belief alittle. Mechanical moving parts just doesn't make much sense if you have more than 2 modes.

Apart from that, it looks fine.....thats not saying much in my books.

Ah well, my expectations for the series are now truly in check and atleast those KI3T replica wanna-be's will have an easy time making the attack mode :?

Sarfraz.....realises this is the most negative post he has ever posted!
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:44 pm

Too much FatF... What's up with the neon lights and lasers? Was GST a understudy of Joel Schumacher? At least what bits of the new Attack KITT that we saw do look a bit better in motion, still not great though and BAH! The racing stripes are back and not even an attempt to hide them by making them black! >_<

The transformation certainly looks too mechanical but it still might be an improvement on just a boring morphing effect. I'm missing the the iPhone touchscreen thing for some reason, Kilmer still sounds kind of "meh" and this time there's no "last minute" excuse plus they're recycling that one line from the TV movie, except not as funny, or really funny at all this time around. The VM/Eye thing they have is still in the wrong place, though it's way too big to be put in the same place as the original KITT's VM was. I'm not sure how I feel about him taking on the Michael Knight name, it just seems hokey, especially if this is really supposed to be a continuation. Seems like Sarah's been doing some intensive training in the six or so months the series takes place from the TV movie. O_o

I thought I could deal with the cobras emblems still being on the car but they are using it also for a logo, I dunno, it just doesn't make sense other than to appease Ford. Viper/CobraRider indeed.

Here's a pic of just the VM/Eye thing, other than the neon lights and speakers around the VM/eye it doesn't look like they did anything to the dash, I'm not counting the HUD since that's all just post production stuff. It's a big image since I capped it from playing the video in fullscreen off NBC.com so I'll just put a link to it. If you use a text to image plug in it shouldn't be huge anyway.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3360 ... eyekx3.jpg

Now, I'm going to watch it a few more times. :lol:
Last edited by PHOENIXZERO on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:50 pm

That dash-thing is so last minute its not funny. Ironically the original pilot movie dash (although basic) seemed more cohesive with just a simple touch screen centre.

If I remember correctly, those were air vents either side of the VM bubble.....well they are air vents in the real Mustang.

Sarfraz

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:53 pm

Am i the only one who thinks this looks totally terrible? And since everyone is focusing on the attack mode ill add my two cents which is easily summed up... it looks over the top cheesy, the first attack mode was a god-send compared to this garbage. The voice mod looks like fish bowl compass type thing. The transforming into whatever Ford vehicle is just stupid, it looks like to me that they really messed up a good thing. But i could be speaking too soon, just have to wait & see. I hope im proved wrong!
Last edited by GarthKnight08 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:55 pm

Regarding the new voice modulator: It reminds me of the one in Busta Rhymes' "Turn It Up/Fire It Up" video from 1998, and that was low-budget. While I did want the modulator to be a physical feature in the dashboard this time around instead of on the iPhone screen, putting it in an orb wasn't exactly what I had in mind. I do, however, really like that the EKG-style resembles classic K.I.T.T.'s 3-bar voice modulator this time around. That was a clever way to make it look more familiar.

I am also very unforgiving about the dashboard. Making a CGI windshield just doesn't cut it. We've seen it in Knight Rider 2000 already. Get some more lights and physical buttons in there. There's just no excuse. How can kids ever enjoy sitting in this thing when the car's on tour when there's nothing to look at except an orb?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:57 pm

GarthKnight08 wrote:Am i the only one who thinks this looks totally terrible? And since everyone is focusing on the attack mode ill add my two cents which is easily summed up... it looks over the top cheesy, the first attack mode was a god-send compared to this garbage. The voice mod looks like fish bowl compass type thing. The transforming into whatever Ford vehicle is just stupid, it looks like to me that they really messed up a good thing. But i could be speaking too soon, just have to wait & see. I hope im proved wrong!
You are not the only one, I'm prepping the lynch mob :lol:

Sarfraz

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:59 pm

Air vents? BAH, yeah this doesn't look like much of an improvement, not really one actually, a couple neon lights, some cheap metal or even plastic and a glass ball. That eye thing just looks all wrong and I hope that blowing up thing is means of changes being made already and not something the KITT will just be able to fix. Though, severely damaging the car too quickly would just be as dumb as the car getting hacked so soon, KITT should be an almost unstoppable force for at least half the season. What drugs are these people on that designed that? If they're not on any then maybe they should get on some. I still don't like the chrome super charger thing either. >_<

EDIT: I've already started to stock pile of torches and pitchforks.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:16 pm

Not too keen on seeing the racing stripe. I'm not quite on board with the idea of transforming but though the effect was done quite well, the mechanical feel seemed fitting even if the ability it self does not.
I like that he's taking on the mantle of Michael Knight, makes more sense for the title, gives him some big shoes to fill (which he never will, nostalgia will always win). Also i imagine it probably has to do with it sound 100 million times cooler than Mike Traceur
The windscreen looks ok, not great just fitting it's purpose but i am not a fan of the orb/cylon eye/giant marble/modulator thing. The ipod screen voice box may have been no match for our beloved KITT's graphic equaliser but it still had some personality to it. This new one does not, to me it looks souless and more beffitting an evil psychopathic computer.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:18 pm

:lol: I can't say I disagree with that, I just wrote a comment on the NBC hosting side of the video, I wonder if it'll be let through, it was rather long.

EDIT: Wait, there's something else, maybe it's because it's dark but it looks like there's just a regular steering wheel.... WTH?!
Last edited by PHOENIXZERO on Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:20 pm

sarfraz wrote:I'm trying hard not to let the Attack mode cloud my judgement but what the *!&X!!!!! :evil:

Utterly disappointed by the awful awful attack mode. I'd almost buy it if it were not for that stupid intake scoop on the hood and those rubbish wheels. Its suppose to look state of the art, not junk from the 70's!

The nanotech makes a lot more sense than this Transformers inspired mechanical based operation. Atleast you can suspend belief alittle. Mechanical moving parts just doesn't make much sense if you have more than 2 modes.

Apart from that, it looks fine.....thats not saying much in my books.

Ah well, my expectations for the series are now truly in check and atleast those KI3T replica wanna-be's will have an easy time making the attack mode :?

Sarfraz.....realises this is the most negative post he has ever posted!

Can we actually be sure that is the new Attack Mode, I posted something similar in another thread here, there was talk of a hot-rod Kitt in a spoiler for the 3rd episode, it could be that.I wonder why they would show this and possibly steal some of the thunder from the big reveal at the Comic Con. Just a thought.

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:25 pm

I really dont like the new car no matter what its supposed to be. I do find it weird they would release this preview so close to what is supposed to be a big unveil, unless the pictures posted here a couple days ago let the cat out of the bag. Im hopeful the new car is still going to be unveiled on friday and this is just for a particular episode. I do think they missed the concept of the show. I also think KR for the plate is just wrong. KR for Knight Rider or is KR for King of the Road. Ill guess the latter. And I :kittside: ll wait to see if they get rid of the silly bluetooth. As silly as this probably sounds I want to see the watch communicator back. And this dash, :dash4: ,seems better then the half fish bowl thing.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:34 pm

dag268 wrote:I also think KR for the plate is just wrong. KR for Knight Rider or is KR for King of the Road. Ill guess the latter.
I just get this image of some big shot Ford CEO lording it up in his office cacklng to himself while he strokes a long haired white cat. All the while feeling smug assuming that having KR on the liscence plate is so super cool as it can stand for both 'Knight Rider' and 'King of the Road' . Which feeds the need for product placement while placating fans of the original series and has therefore become his life's proudest achievement

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:41 pm

I dont think I would have thought twice about the KR on the plate if it hadnt been for the product placement being shoved down our throats.