Knight Rider at Comic Con: What should we ask?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider at Comic Con: What should we ask?

Post by neps » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:43 am

Hey All!

So tomorrow is a big day for KRO. Not only are we attending the panel with 9 members of the cast and crew, but we are also doing something special. After the panel we will be having 1-on-1 interviews with Justin Bruening, Deanna Russo and Gary Scott Thompson!

So let us know by 11am Pacific Time, what you would like us to ask any member of the panel or Justin, Deanna or Gary specifically. Let us know who to address the question to.

Panel members are again: Gary Scott Thompson (The Fast and The Furious, Las Vegas); executive producer David Bartis (Heist, The OC); and the cast: Justin Bruening (Cold Case), Deanna Russo (NCIS), Sydney Tamiia Poitier (Veronica Mars), Paul Campbell (Battlestar Galactica), Yancey Arias (Kingpin), Bruce Davison (X-Men) and Smith Cho (Blades of Glory)

Just post your question in this thread, and please keep all discussion here to posting questions, and not necessarily discussing the questions, so we can keep the thread easy to digest before the panel.

We've already interviewed a lot of them, and all the recent interviews keep reasking many of the questions we've asked or heard already. We want to ask them questions that only the fans would care about, or something fresh that you've been wondering. (please keep it to knight rider only, we already bugged GST once about Las Vegas!)

We will be video taping the 1 on 1 interviews to post as exclusives on KRO - so you'll be able to hear and see them answer the questions! Should be very cool.

Cam KNIGHT
Recruit

Re: Knight Rider at Comic Con: What should we ask?

Post by Cam KNIGHT » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:14 am

Hey neil !

YOu may ask for justin from a french fan of the Good old and the new Shows:

-What was his work to make more credible ,his role mike traceur , son of michael Knight

To deanna russo ,(wow she is so beautifull in the las pics of knight in a shining armor lol):

-Will she use Patricia mc pherson acting (when she talks to KITT) to play with the car ?

To Gary scott thompson :

-Is it a coincidence that the first episode is titled like the episode of the classic show ? Homage ?
-Did the New KITT is the old KITT too , or new AI ? If it is a new AI Where is the old KITT ?

To Paul campbell yancey arias , et smith cho :

-How do they set their characters ?

To Bruce davison :

-His character was not mentionned in the original show , in the episode Junk Yar dog , and goliath (it's in those episodes that we know names of the team who build KITT) How the staff will make it match ?

It's all I have in mind ...

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:19 am

Well, I'm pretty sure these questions will be answered during the panel, but I'd like to ask the producers two things;
1)The new actors, what their roles will be, how big they'll be, and you KNOW someone's gonna bring up the whole "ONE man can make a difference" sort of thing.
2) since the producers are responsible for "The fast and the Furious" movies, and they've said there'll be elements of it in here, I'd like to know exactly HOW MUCH of this will revolve around "Racing plotlines", and what sort of plotlines we can expect.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:44 am

"Do you have any messages for the Knight Rider Archive, who sadly couldn't be here today???" ;)

Seriously, though, I'd like to know (in no particular order):

* Will there be any tips of the hat/homages to the original show?

* Will there be any story arcs in the new show that tie it in to the original mythology?

* Are we right in thinking that there will be a Mission Impossible style dynamic, with the team going out and fighting crime each week, or will it just be Michael and K.I.T.T.?

* Can we expect a "Knight" in the title every week?

* K.I.T.T. is a virtually indestructible car. Will there be any threats to K.I.T.T. in the form of other super-powered vehicles, for example new versions of K.A.R.R. or Goliath?

* As the show progresses, will they try to tie the show in with Classic KR with participation from TOS cast, for example Patricia McPherson, Peter Parros, Rebecca Holden and William Daniels?

* What sort of tone are they going for? Is it going to be lighthearted and fun, or will we get to see a darker kind of Knight Rider as the season goes on?

* Will each episode be a stand-alone, or will we be looking at multi-episode arcs? Will we have recurring badguys in this Knight Rider?

* Have the actors contributed any ideas of their own, either story- or character-wise?

* Will Mike's adventures be confined to the States, or will this be an international Knight Rider, as the pilot episode implied?

That's all for now, although I'm sure I'll think of more throughout the day! :)
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:59 am

See if you can get a more definitive answer out of him on David Hasselhoff's involvement. Even if it was only once or twice a season. I think its just wrong to leave him out completely.

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:05 am

Did any of them watch the original KR recently for research/fun?

Do they ever go on the fan sites to read our comments/suggestions?

Are there any plans for new KR merchandise?

KITTRINA
Recruit

Post by KITTRINA » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:08 am

The most important questions I have is:

1. Will we get to see the KI2T one more time in some way? Other then in parts scattered around. MK passed the reins to his son, but we all want KITT to do the same.

2. An explanation of what happened to KITT and FLAG?

KarlKnightRider
Recruit

Post by KarlKnightRider » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:40 am

I think the most important question is:

1 - What was the fate of the original KITT and Michael Knight. We know Michael Knight is alive and well, but where IS KITT really?
2 - Linking on from the first question, what were the other Trans-Ams in Graiman's garage? Will we ever find out.
3 - I've read that they have watched the entire 1st Season of Knight Rider, but don't they think they should watch the other 3 too so that they are fully aware of all the events that originally happened.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Here is a few questions I would like answered: (Similar to others on the original KITT and MK)

1. What happened to KI2T exactly?, the car's in the garage?, does the new KITT have the old KITT buried in the motherboard as stated in an interview? Also will they try to bring back William Daniels for an episode maybe as a reprising role of KI2T? (This comes from the interview I read somewhere they were trying to bring him back)

2. Michael Knight, what exactly happened to him and will they try to reprise his role or completely shun this idea?

3. Will they focus on the plot of "One Man Can Make a Difference" and not a stupid team.

4. Will they try and talk about or pay homeage to Devon Miles or Wilton Knight because they were the ones who started and Devon kept this alive!

5. Will they try to bring back not only William Daniels but maybe Patricia McPherson (for ex an episode where they need her help badly to fix KITT or something) or any other original cast or villans?

Neil if you read this please make sure for the sake of us who really miss KI2T and MK to make sure these points are hit because from what I see they don't want much of the original aspected.

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:50 pm

To elaborate on Judd's question
-KR fans would LOVE some more merchandise. Their are a lot of comic companies doing great licensed comics right now(even for fellow NBC show Chuck). Any possibilities for comic books or toys based on the new or classic Knight Rider show?

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:12 pm

Back when the Pilot was being produced we heard rumblings that if it was to go to series there would be a new artist doing their take on the Theme every week. Is that still the Plan? If so who are some of the artists we can expect and If not are they going to be using the same theme from the Movie ro doing something completely different?

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:21 pm

1,Are there any plans for a Christmas themed episode?
2.Will There by any follow up stories from the orignal series, for exapmple Garth Knight had a son who is the same age as mike.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:36 pm

are you gonna have enough time to ask them all these questions? Hope to see you at the con.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:13 pm

1.) Any more elaboration on what we can expect from the Turbo Boost
2.) Now that Mike Traceur will go by the name Michael Knight will his father share the name or be given a new one or go back to Michael Long
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Is the reason they're doing the panel before the new Attack KITT is revealed is because they're (NBC/GST) afraid of the reaction? :twisted:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight-Rider
Rookie

Post by Knight-Rider » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Any cameo's of old cast members?

What is with the "KITT CAVE"? http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/07/22/forge ... s-tca-rep/

Any new technology to bring back cars like KARR and Goliath?

adamtrek
Recruit

Post by adamtrek » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:00 pm

I'd like if you could ask Justin about his "driver's training" that he did during the summer in preparation for getting behind the wheel of KITT again and how much stunt driving does he do for the show himself.
Watching KITT turbo boost since 1982.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:39 pm

The only questions I would have is has their been any connection between this series to the old series such as returning villians?

Will their be a Karr in this version of the series?

Any hint as to weather Michael Knight's character would return?

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:24 am

Having seen that Mike Traceur has taken on the mantle of his fathers name, it would appear that, in essence, you're setting up the possibility of the Michael Knight name being handed down from generation to generation, essentially turning it into a legend that will forever tell the tale of Michael Knight and his talking car. I find this aspect to be quiet fascinating, not only in the here and now, but also in terms of the future, and I'm wondering if you have any thoughts on this?

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Rookie

Post by 1982 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:02 am

Was there, or will there be, any involvement from Glen Larson in the series, and in what capacity?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:21 pm

Is it too late for a question? In case not here's one:

If they bring back KARR or do an evil KARR-type car, will they consider having Peter Cullen do the voice? It would I think make things even neater because he did the original KARR!

:karr: