Set Pictures! Possible "Super Pursuit Mode"

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Niggle Snoosh
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Set Pictures! Possible "Super Pursuit Mode"

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:31 pm

although at this point my wild theory is not particulary likely it still is possible that the pics that were taken down are not actually the attack KI3T. I may be clutching at straws here but from the new teaser footage wee get a glimpse from the front of what we assume is attack KI3T as it looks all to familar to the pics we had seen and slated.
However after wathing the footage again i'm pretty sure we didn't see the whole of that KI3T. We have also learnt that KI3T can morph/Transform into different (Ford) vehicles so it is possible that the Hot Rod KI3T from the pics that started this thread are still related to that particular episode and the true Attack KI3T is somewhere inbetween.

It's a long shot but right now i'm going to cling to this slither of hope.
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:38 pm

although at this point my wild theory is not particulary likely it still is possible that the pics that were taken down are not actually the attack KI3T. I may be clutching at straws here but from the new teaser footage wee get a glimpse from the front of what we assume is attack KI3T as it looks all to familar to the pics we had seen and slated.
However after wathing the footage again i'm pretty sure we didn't see the whole of that KI3T. We have also learnt that KI3T can morph/Transform into different (Ford) vehicles so it is possible that the Hot Rod KI3T from the pics that started this thread are still related to that particular episode and the true Attack KI3T is somewhere inbetween.

they wouldnt show the "attack Kitt" in all its glory before the official reveal...

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Niggle Snoosh wrote:although at this point my wild theory is not particulary likely it still is possible that the pics that were taken down are not actually the attack KI3T. I may be clutching at straws here but from the new teaser footage wee get a glimpse from the front of what we assume is attack KI3T as it looks all to familar to the pics we had seen and slated.

would actually make sense...
think about it: why would they reveal the new Attack Mode on 25th July exclusively at Comic Con, when they show footage of it 2 days earlier?!
would actually make a lot more sense if the car in the footage is the hot rod Kitt from just one episode and we'll see the final attack mode on friday.

EDIT: oh, and something else i noticed in the footage: the KITT-pick-up has a scanner!!! propably the reaction to the thread here, wether the transformed KITT should have a scanner or not.
Last edited by Kaine on Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:43 pm

pheonix_knight wrote: they wouldnt show the "attack Kitt" in all its glory before the official reveal...
as much as my gut tells me your probably right i still plan to cling to my false hope until tomorrow :?
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:57 pm

Kaine wrote:
would actually make sense...
think about it: why would they reveal the new Attack Mode on 25th July exclusively at Comic Con, when they show footage of it 2 days earlier?!
would actually make a lot more sense if the car in the footage is the hot rod Kitt from just one episode and we'll see the final attack mode on friday.
I think your exactly right, it seems a little pointless for them to jeopordise the big reveal

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:37 pm

This "Hot Rod" version of K3TT even has blue neon under the car and at its side.
I highly doubt that the "attack" version will have neon, so I am 99% sure it's just for this race episode.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:43 pm

Please please please let this be true. I hadn't thought about this, but this assumed Attack mode KITT shown in the 1min teaser is just so bad words can't describe it (well I had a go in the other thread!).

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:30 pm

Sadly, it might just be just fitting with GST though, the guy clearly has a neon (and possibly laser light) fetish of that likes that hasn't been seen since Schumacher and his two Batman movies. Knight Rider meets Fast and the Furious indeed. >_<
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

jaimetheking
Operative

Post by jaimetheking » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:08 pm

guess we can now compare and contrast the set KI3T and the unveiled Attack KI3T from Comic-con.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:57 am

Finally was able to restore the images - congrats on getting the scoop jaimetheking!

I did notice something interesting in the large images - one of the Attack KITTs has standard doors. It's funny - cause GST said he didn't know which KITT they sent down to San Diego...
Attachments
attack_kitt_door.jpg
attack_kitt_door.jpg (71.45 KiB) Viewed 9079 times

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:30 pm

2 points spring to mind,

1 i dont think the 'attack' KITT is going to be used at all for interior shots... (which is why they were reluctant to show inside because it is fairly standard apart from buttons for the spoiler...)

2 after the great scoop by jaimetheking, dya think they will be tighter about future scoops....??

with regard to GSTs comments i thought he said "dont know which one you got..." which had me thinking of the rear wing which raises up and down possibly being different cars... and there was more than one pictured wasnt there...?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:54 pm

I remember the comment that GST made saying he didn’t know which on we got, then he went on to talk about the spoiler. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FdONqb9QrQ&fmt=6
Was there another comment he made? Not knowing what one was sent to San Diego would explain why he was so hesitant to open the doors.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.