Knight Rider Pilot on DVD- cancelled.

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Pilot on DVD- cancelled.

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:37 pm

Just went over to tv shows on dvd.com, and read that Universal won't be releasing the pilot of the movie seperately- but will hold it until the eventual release of the first season on DVD. I just hope we make it that far...
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Re: Knight Rider Pilot on DVD- cancelled.

Post by Sue » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:46 pm

:cry:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:52 pm

Here is the link to the article:
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Knight-Rid ... eled/10063

To me this is probably a good thing. Bugged me that it wasn't a Blu-Ray release, and if they wind up doing the entire season, there is probably a better chance for that.

They've also removed the Pilot from Hulu and the like. I would guess they're going to reair it right before the season premier, and are just trying to starve us all.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:41 pm

Yeah, this is a good thing because it just didn't make sense to release it by itself. Better to include it with the first season, in the end probably cheaper too.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:10 pm

:oops:
…about the first adventure of Michael Tracer (the correct spelling of the name per NBC’s website.)
Gasp, is this true? Have we been getting it wrong? Or is it NBC's website who has got it wrong?
I know I have been spelling it Traceur, so has IMDB and Shadowyflight ... (That's SHADO with a W :D)
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:16 pm

Sue wrote:Gasp, is this true? Have we been getting it wrong? Or is it NBC's website who has got it wrong?
I know I have been spelling it Traceur, so has IMDB and Shadowyflight ... (That's SHADO with a W :D)
No, it's not true that we've been getting it wrong. It is a possibility, however, that NBCU will decide to change the spelling of his name just as they decided to change the look of the Attack K.I.T.T.

“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:26 pm

I agree that releasing the pilot movie with the season's worth of episodes is a great move. And, I have little doubt that NBC will produce a full season's worth of episodes. Here's hoping that there will be a season two, a season three, a season...

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:05 pm

Oh well,there goes a month's work of trying to find a summer job to buy the DVD... :lol: At least I don't have to worry about trying to find a job now...
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:27 am

Savings plan for the eventual season set...

Though, I don't expect it to run any higher then $40. If it does...$50, tops.

Many single season DVD sets run $20-$25, these days. Unless, you are looking at Star Trek territory. For whatever reason, those can clear the $100 mark.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:14 am

Did they do any sort of restoration for the Star Trek sets?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:38 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Did they do any sort of restoration for the Star Trek sets?
I was at the Star Trek Exhibit just the other day. There, they were talking about some of the enhancements done to the episodes on the original series. New scenes added and old sets digitally remastered to enrich the original vision. Though, I'm not interested in paying the Boardwalk/Park Place real estate prices of their DVD sets to see what they did. Nothing mentioned about any series from the 90's or since.

Mrs. Doubtfire
Stranger

Post by Mrs. Doubtfire » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:10 pm

Great, thanks VK. You said there would be trouble from TVShowsonDVD's post, but I didn't expect you'd go to have a whole release cancelled.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:18 pm

First off, I don't know you and thus far every post you've made has been some form of sarcastic attack against me and honestly I don't appreciate that, especially from newcomers. It makes me wonder what your purpose for joining the board was because I'm sure trolling around me starting trouble is frowned upon.

Secondly and I will point this out, even though I am extremely busy at the moment, I did not cause the cancellation of the pilot DVD, that was entirely their decision. While I did say I would be speaking to the people who wrote the article on tvshowsondvd.com to correct their article and I did email them about it (after their response) I ultimately decided to let it go and let Glen's people deal with it if it was that much of a concern.

It's nice that you think I have that sort of power though, so thanks.

=VK=
:dash:

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:10 am

Mrs. Doubtfire wrote:Great, thanks VK. You said there would be trouble from TVShowsonDVD's post, but I didn't expect you'd go to have a whole release cancelled.
Mrs. Doubtfire wrote:Great, thanks VK. You said there would be trouble from TVShowsonDVD's post, but I didn't expect you'd go to have a whole release cancelled.
It was pointed out on a separate thread that the tvshowsondvd.com article says Glen A. Larson was involved in the NBCU backdoor pilot and will continue this with the new series. Not only isn’t that true, but it’s misleading and should have been corrected.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Knight ... efilm/9812

If there was going to be “trouble” from this, don’t you think the article would have been edited by now? :lol:

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:24 am

The Star Trek DVD sets are very expensive. Here in the US they have been showing HD versions of the original series with new effects (basically the orbiting scenes and a few other bits here and there, the cloud city was resdesigned). The changes are very minor. The orignal effects shots were shot on 16mm and don't look good in HD (grain, scratches) so they recreated those effects with CGI and slightly improved them.

Doctor Who DVD sets are also very expensive. The Restoration Team does great work on the classic series. The new series is very expensive to buy though. I've been told the CSI DVD's are quite expensive too. Disney doesn't even release their shows in box sets. They only put a few episodes on DVD and release them.

Hopefully the new KR DVD set won't be sky high in price. Universal does have a tendancy to put very few if any extras on their DVD's.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:55 am

That worries me, Judd. It is true that Universal skips out on their DVDs. Magnum PI received virtually NO extras in all 8 releases, except for an interview regarding the crossover with Murder She Wrote.

Really? Is that all the creators of the show have to say? There could have been so much more and we got so little.

And Season Four of Las Vegas had to be the biggest insult to fans of the show and TV/DVD fans in general. We got a box with pictures of the cast that were just alternate shots from the 3rd season release - and virtually no extras, even though it was confirmed that at least three commentaries were recorded and other interviews were conducted. Why did Universal choose to cut those?

Knight Rider Season One had wonderful extras including an appearance from our very own Joe! But the other seasons came up short/empty in extras unfortunately.

Here is hoping that Universal won't short change us again.

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:40 pm

If I had to guess (and that's assuming there's a full season of this KR) they will probably include the backdoor pilot and some of the teasers from it. They'll probably include those Ford Commercials with Justin and KITT as well.

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:46 am

makes me happy i still have it saved on my DVR!!!
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:30 am

I've still got it on my DVR to. Have you all seen the pilot on E Bay. Is it any different then the way it was shown on TV.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:45 am

I can't blame them for changing their minds. I wasn't going to buy the KR pilot movie since it would be on the season 1 box set.

--krfan1

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:14 pm

dag268 wrote:I've still got it on my DVR to. Have you all seen the pilot on E Bay. Is it any different then the way it was shown on TV.
According to Joe Huth, it is DVD quality and doesn't have any of the NBC bug logos on the picture. It is also titled "Prometheus" on its menu screen.

I don't mind that Universal decided to release this with the Season 1 set. It's a cheap way out of coming up with other bonus features by just tacking on the movie. I already have it recorded onto a couple of DVDs anyway.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:23 am

I just saw this article and I was like whaaat!!!? :shock:

'Knight Rider' Pilot Telefilm Coming Out to DVD in September

...And then I scrolled down…. :lol: :mrgreen:

Disaster averted! Thanks Neil. :good: