Some New *Spoilers*

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight316
Operative

Some New *Spoilers*

Post by Knight316 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:15 pm

I didn't see this posted anywhere yet. I was checking out KITTsite.com and there are some new spoilers up from this week's TV Guide. Warning..SPOILERS!

New Information In TV Guide!
TV Guide's Sci-Fi Preview issue (hitting subscriber mailboxes today and newsstands this week) features some new information about the ongoing new Knight Rider series.

Here are some highlights:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
- Executive Producer Gary Scott Thompson reveals that KITT will have some new features, including one with the car's windshield: "The car's windshield turns into a touch screen you can interact with while driving 300 miles an hour," Thompson says.
- Mike Traceur will give up some secrets about his past as an Iraq Vet.
- Three new characters will join the cast, including Paul Campbell as Billy Morgan. "It won't just be like Michael Knight calling Devon from jail when he needed help," Thompson says. "They'll be pulling off missions as an actual team."

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Some New *Spoilers*

Post by whet » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:45 pm

This "team" thing is worring me, it's missing the point of Knight Rider.

FX23
Operative

Post by FX23 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:49 pm

i can think of other ways he can interact with the windscreen at 300mph

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:56 pm

FX23 wrote:i can think of other ways he can interact with the windscreen at 300mph
:lol: LOL!

-And yes whet, I agree.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:51 pm

whet wrote:This "team" thing is worring me, it's missing the point of Knight Rider.
Nah, Michael and KITT were always part of a team that included the Bonnie/Devon (and of course later RC3 and/or April) dynamic. And let's not forget the unsung hero - the driver of the semi. :wink: Michael Knight was hardly out there alone. Considering they are playing up KITT as a military asset now and not just a gee whiz bang car, this makes total sense. Mike is still the one making the difference as the field agent.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:15 pm

goldbug wrote:
whet wrote:This "team" thing is worring me, it's missing the point of Knight Rider.
Nah, Michael and KITT were always part of a team that included the Bonnie/Devon (and of course later RC3 and/or April) dynamic. And let's not forget the unsung hero - the driver of the semi. :wink: Michael Knight was hardly out there alone. Considering they are playing up KITT as a military asset now and not just a gee whiz bang car, this makes total sense. Mike is still the one making the difference as the field agent.
- I agree with Goldbug. Devon and Bonnie operated primarily in the background not in the foreground unless it was absolutely necessary like in Knight Sting. Devon would handle the law enforcement aspect and deal with the Knight Foundation and funding, while Bonnie/April would show up only if it involved having to maintain or repair KITT in some fashion or another or if Michael asked them to check into someone via computers/records. RC3 was mostly bad comic relief. Point being they all stayed out of Michael's way so he could do his job unless he needed or asked for assistance.

To have "a team" all in the spotlight will take away the focus from Michael and KITT where it needs to be. It's like having too many members trying to be a lead character in X-Men it just doesn't work out well. I hope they understand that Knight Rider is not Mission Impossible, it's more James Bond.

Q , M, and Moneypenny stayed primarily in the background while Bond did his work solo. (for the most part)

It's one man and his car making a difference, it's not G.I. JOE or M.A.S.K.

Michael and KITT are buddy cop partners, not part of some greater elite undercover ops team (let alone extension of the FBI ugh) and I really hope they don't try to change that aspect much because that was part of the appeal that kept the original cast going in the original four seasons.

=VK=
:dash:

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:47 pm

I agree totally. Hopefully it will only be when absolutely nescessary this guy helps Mike out. Hopefully not an every week type deal where it turns into the new TKR. BTW...i thought that's what Rivai was for was it not? Backup in the field.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:04 pm

I'm mostly excited about the promise of the interactive windshield. The full-screen heads-up display was a cool idea with it in Knight Rider 2000 (although they didn't use it properly) and this new interface may bring something better to the screen.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:31 pm

its impractical that the windscreen should be a 'touch screen' imagine leaning forward over the steering wheel to operate it at the quoted "300 mph"

Ki3t was meant to have HUD anyway according to the official website where they made an 'interactive KITT''

but i will hang fire and see what they come up with...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:43 pm

Well, it could always be used while KITT is in control or it might not be to the point where his view is totally obstructed. It doesn't have to be litterally against the windshield so he has to reach for it. Could just be projected out from it or reflect back like a couple Sega hologram arcade games from over 15 years ago.

:lol: You beat neps posting this by only a few minutes.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:12 pm

Is it odd that Paul Campbell played Billy on Battlestar Galactica, and in Knight RIder he'll be playing... Billy?
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:14 pm

Executive Producer Gary Scott Thompson reveals that KITT will have some new features, including one with the car's windshield: "The car's windshield turns into a touch screen you can interact with while driving 300 miles an hour," Thompson says.
:?

I'd like to see how this works.

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:34 am

So will Mike Traceur giving up his secrets as an Iraq vet consist of him worming dogs or de-fleaing a cat in a covert manner?

Tobie
Operative

Post by Tobie » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:40 pm

this 'team' nonsense is totally bad, whats happened to 'one man can make a difference'?

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:44 pm

Tobie wrote:this 'team' nonsense is totally bad, whats happened to 'one man can make a difference'?
That's what I am thinking,

But some people on here have a good point..
Maybe it will just be now and agian if they are needed, it needs to stay focused on Kitt, or NBc will have another Bionic woman on their hands.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:32 pm

the only thing is with this windshield idea, didn't they do that ,unsuccessfully :?: , in Knight Rider 2000

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:12 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:the only thing is with this windshield idea, didn't they do that ,unsuccessfully :?: , in Knight Rider 2000
Was it a touch screen or was it just a "enhancement" of what the driver could see thru the windshield?
I'm not sure if I asked this right, but I just don't think that KR2K had a touch screen windshield.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:52 am

It was just "VR Mode" since Virtual Reality was one of the buzzwords people loved back then. Oooh, the windshield turned red or blue and has triangles for aiming at things! Okay there was a HUD or whatever too..... These days it certainly could be done a hundred times better.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Here's the thing with a virtual touchscreen windshield: it implies lack of physcial buttons/design on the actual dashboard. No, it doesn't mean for sure that the dashboard will be stock, but it's not encouraging, either. I wonder what features are going to be able to be used through the windshield that Mike can't use through the iPhone screen.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:54 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:It was just "VR Mode" since Virtual Reality was one of the buzzwords people loved back then. Oooh, the windshield turned red or blue and has triangles for aiming at things! Okay there was a HUD or whatever too..... These days it certainly could be done a hundred times better.
Hrm.. so now instead of viewing a live environment around Kitt.. you can view it through Second Life!
Read KR Fanfiction and Post your own at http://www.knightfic.com