Return for an announcement from Knight Industries on July 25

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Return for an announcement from Knight Industries on July 25

Post by neps » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:16 am

Someone tipped me off about this change on nbc.com/knight_rider. The background image has changed to have a message to check back on July 25th. I'm guessing there is going to be a feature on the Attack KITT - since it will be revealed on July 24th at Comic Con...

http://www.nbc.com/Knight_Rider/images/kr_teaser.jpg

Anyone else have any thoughts? Does it bother anyone else that there is yet another KR graphic - and using a Cobra? Which is a nod to the Mustang - It should be a Knights head!

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Re: Return for an announcement from Knight Industries on July 25

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:58 am

Well, you have a point, but I kind of like it nonetheless.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:00 pm

that graphic looks more like an announcement for Bud Lite or some energy drink.

Definately not impressed with it. It's very obvious where their focus is directed with respects to sponsorship.

They might as well call it Snake Rider or Cobra Racer or better yet VipRider. Hell let's just change Knight Industries to Shelby Industries while we're at it! Then we can replace Mike Traceur with Snake Plisskin! He's already got a Shelbyesque cobra tattoo and everyone thinks he should be dead anyhow.

I know I'm being rediculous...here's hoping things will improve.

LONG LIVE THE HORSEHEAD ERA!

=VK=
:dash:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Absolutely terrible. I sincerely hope this is not a reflection of the type of changes going to be made in the series.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:21 pm

I hate it. But I’m not gonna worry considering the inaccuracies their site has had in the past...
NBCKR.jpg
NBCKR.jpg (164.49 KiB) Viewed 17558 times
That steering wheel was driving me crazy. At least they took down old attack KITT. ... But they still have up broken links for the movie.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:59 pm

I think I just figured it out...the announcement is going to be more then just the reveal of the Attack KITT at SDCC. It is probably also going to be where to buy a Shelby special limited edition Knight Rider KITT car. It would make sense with them using a blatant Shelby logo for it and that emblem might be what they're putting on the cars.

Or it is a new marketing campaign for Ford dealerships to push the sale of new Mustangs.

=VK=
:dash:

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:03 pm

This whole KR with the snake head logo is going to make me spew. I don't mind the Mustang as KI3T, I didn't mind having "Ford" shoved in my face throughout the 1hr 20 minute commercial that was the pilot (only watched it all the way through once!). I agree with VK, they should change the name to "Ford Rider" or "Snake Rider" and stop tarnishing KNIGHT RIDER!! It's a knight, not a snake, I repeat...a knight, NOT a snake! Do you bozos at NBC want to lose the majority of the original fan base? Your turd of a pilot would have sunk faster than a mobster wearing cement boots in a lake if it wasn't for the fans of the original :evil:

*stomps off to find the "in Glen we trust" avatar*

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:06 pm

What a weird logo!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:26 pm

I HATE that fu**in logo!!!!!, Im getting worried they`re gonna turn this show into a big fat joke.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:29 pm

weeezl wrote:I HATE that fu**in logo!!!!!, Im getting worried they`re gonna turn this show into a big fat joke.
You mean it hasn't turned into one already?

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:02 pm

Stylez wrote:
weeezl wrote:I HATE that fu**in logo!!!!!, Im getting worried they`re gonna turn this show into a big fat joke.
You mean it hasn't turned into one already?
It looks like its going that way yes, from what GST was saying I was quite hopeful it could be good, he certainly talked the talk. I thought they would stay faithful to the orignal KR, seeing as its supposed to be a SEQUEL. If it wasnt for the fans keeping KR alive there would`nt even be a new series or movie coming out, I dont think they even care about us IMO, that`ll be their downfall and if they do get this wrong may they all get run over buy a thousand talking Trans Ams.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:19 pm

Well i do remember NBC's Pre-Upfronts basically saying that their shows would basically one big advertisement. If i remember correctly they were having advertisers stake large portions in their shows (such as they did with Ford and the Movie Pilot) I'll see if I can drudge up a link somewhere.

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:26 pm

Wow... I thought that Trekkies had the market cornered on hysterical overreactions to what is ultimately Just A TV Show, but you guys are giving them a run for their money here.

1. We have no context for what that logo represents until it's unveiled on the 25th. I don't know about you, but I'm going to reserve judgment until that date and not go around flapping my arms screaming that the sky is falling.

2. The original Knight Rider was not Shakespeare, was not groundbreaking television, and sometimes was not even above average entertainment. It was also made 25 years ago. TV shows are different now. I would not expect a new Knight Rider to be exactly like the old one, any more than I expect J.J. Abrams' new Star Trek movie to be exactly like the original show from the 1960s.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:43 pm

JL wrote:Wow... I thought that Trekkies had the market cornered on hysterical overreactions to what is ultimately Just A TV Show, but you guys are giving them a run for their money here.

1. We have no context for what that logo represents until it's unveiled on the 25th. I don't know about you, but I'm going to reserve judgment until that date and not go around flapping my arms screaming that the sky is falling.

2. The original Knight Rider was not Shakespeare, was not groundbreaking television, and sometimes was not even above average entertainment. It was also made 25 years ago. TV shows are different now. I would not expect a new Knight Rider to be exactly like the old one, any more than I expect J.J. Abrams' new Star Trek movie to be exactly like the original show from the 1960s.

So it would be cool to change the Star Trek logo to say a shopping cart because Wal-Mart has thrown a bunch of money at it? Wow is right, what are you doing here? There are a ton of other forums to peruse, after all this is just a TV show. I'll be back later, I need to go flap my arms some more. lmao

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:01 pm

Wow! Stylez really did change his avatar!
I don’t think there is anything wrong with our reactions. I’m sure NBC wants to know how strongly we feel about things. But like I said I imagine that website is run by a whole different group of people than the ones who are actually making the show, as you can see by the wrong steering wheel above. I like Stylez’s style though; it’s a good way to get NBC’s attention. It’s like the children of two divorced parents who know how to use the rivalry to their advantage. I think I’ll remain a pacifist though; I have room in my heart for two KRs.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:02 pm

I'm here because someone reminded me that the new Knight Rider series was starting this fall, and I wondered what the reaction would be from Knight Rider fans. Looks like I found the answer to my question: you're flipping your lids over product placement and predicting doom on all fronts. Maybe I'll check back in September and see if you've moved up to accusing Gary Scott Thompson of raping your childhood. :roll:
Last edited by JL on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:07 pm

Sue wrote:I think I’ll remain a pacifist though; I have room in my heart for two KRs.
Same here. If it's any good, I'll keep tuning in. If it's not, I still have my DVDs of the original KR.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:12 pm

JL wrote:I'm here because someone reminded me that the new Knight Rider series was starting this fall, and I wondered what the reaction would be from Knight Rider fans. Looks like I found the answer to my question: you're all flipping your lids over product placement and predicting doom on all fronts. Maybe I'll check back in September and see if you've moved up to accusing Gary Scott Thompson of raping your childhood.
That's great and all but do you have to post? I really don't like having to read a bunch of off-topic crap from somebody wanking about what we disagree with. Okay buhbye.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:17 pm

Sue wrote:I have room in my heart for two KRs.
So do I, but I'm not going to suffer watching it because it has the Knight Rider name attached to it. Knight Rider 2010 anyone?

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:21 pm

Then don't watch. Is NBC holding a shotgun to your head? God, why do people keep forgetting that they're free to change the channel?

Besides, even with all its problems, the pilot was nowhere in the same league of awfulness as KR2010. That's a circle of Hell reserved for "Voo Doo Knight," "Spock's Brain," and clip shows. ;)

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:25 pm

Stylez wrote:
JL wrote:I'm here because someone reminded me that the new Knight Rider series was starting this fall, and I wondered what the reaction would be from Knight Rider fans. Looks like I found the answer to my question: you're all flipping your lids over product placement and predicting doom on all fronts. Maybe I'll check back in September and see if you've moved up to accusing Gary Scott Thompson of raping your childhood.
That's great and all but do you have to post? I really don't like having to read a bunch of off-topic crap from somebody wanking about what we disagree with. Okay buhbye.

Well said.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:29 pm

JL wrote:Then don't watch. Is NBC holding a shotgun to your head? God, why do people keep forgetting that they're free to change the channel?

Besides, even with all its problems, the pilot was nowhere in the same league of awfulness as KR2010. That's a circle of Hell reserved for "Voo Doo Knight," "Spock's Brain," and clip shows. ;)
Can't you go take a piss over at a Trekkie site? Seems to me you can't post here without mentioning something Star Trek.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:41 pm

I think you have offended us a little with your first comment JL. You are making assumptions about us based on one thread. Actually I think this thread is rather uncharacteristic of us. We all want this show to succeed so much that we might freak out from time to time. Welcome back to KRO, I think if you hang around a little more and look at some other threads you’ll get a better sense of who we are and what our opinions are.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:43 pm

Stylez wrote:

Can't you go take a piss over at a Trekkie site? Seems to me you can't post here without mentioning something Star Trek.
Funny you should say that, cause if it was a Trekkie site they would of been far more offensive than us.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:48 pm

Stylez wrote:Really Mike, we all love each other around here! :D We do! You can tell because we fight like a family, with KR as the ties that bind! Right guys? Lost Knight? VK? Right? Am I wrong? Come on GROUP HUG! lol kk on topic now....
This is probably applicable to this thread... :wink: :)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: