Am Somethign I Just Realized About Kr

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MikeLutton
Operative

Am Somethign I Just Realized About Kr

Post by MikeLutton » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:47 am

something i just realized when Michael long got shot n died n came back as michael knight u know nobody botherd to get in touch with his family parents or anything like did not tell anyone of his next of kin he was gone n came back to life as someone else anyone else notice this :kitt: :dash4:

Kaine
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Am Somethign I Just Realized About Kr

Post by Kaine » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:47 am

while i'm not sure where it has been established i remember that Michael Knight had no known relatives... that's part of why he was so perfect for the job and on the list of wilton knight.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:41 am

Details are almost ignored on the whole subject. However, in the episode where Michael loses his memory and returns to the 'outdated' life of Michael Long, we do learn that there were a few close people that knew about his new life. But, as in traditional KR fashion, if the facts aren't important to the plot of that particular episode, it's almost unlikely to ever be mentioned.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:02 am

In Knight and Knerd Michael mentions that his father was dead, although he doesn't mention when this happened. He tells Allie Raymond that he went out and shot baskets for five hours straight, as a means to cope with his grief.

Obviously we learn later on that Stevie knew Michael Long was dead, so in the Knight Rider Universe she was obviously informed when they discovered the body (which wouldn't have been identifiable, anyway).

Early drafts of Richard Okie's script for A Good Knight's Work addressed this issue. I'm kinda glad they didn't in the finished episode:

CAMERON
Listen closely. Does the address
410 Chesapeake Road mean anything to
you?

Michael pales.

MICHAEL
My uncle lives there.

CAMERON
I know. How about the Burnley
School?

MICHAEL
(getting paler)
My niece...my niece goes there.

CAMERON
How about badge number 41675?

MICHAEL
Charlie Hart. My old police sergeant.
So, you know me. What do you want?

CAMERON
I want you. And, I want your car.
And, if I don't get what I want, I'm
going to go through the people you
love, one by one, until I do.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:52 pm

It really did work to the show's advantage to have Michael Long be as alone (in a family sense) as he was. The old "long lost relative shows up" plot is pretty worn out unless done well, and you know they either would have been totally annoying or ended up as that week's damsel in distress.

Stevie was a prime example — she was a great character, in good episodes (well, two out of three), and had excellent chemistry with Hasselhoff. But how many times could they go to that well?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:29 am

JL wrote:It really did work to the show's advantage to have Michael Long be as alone (in a family sense) as he was. The old "long lost relative shows up" plot is pretty worn out unless done well, and you know they either would have been totally annoying or ended up as that week's damsel in distress.

Stevie was a prime example — she was a great character, in good episodes (well, two out of three), and had excellent chemistry with Hasselhoff. But how many times could they go to that well?
I agree with you since it was such a short-lived series (by today's standards, anyway). However, Michael's relatives is something that could have, should have, and probably would have, been explored had the series lasted longer. I'm sure it would have worked out better than 24's horrid and disappointing Season 6, too.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:09 pm

i didnt know they had a unfilmed script of a good knights work it would been aintresting episode glad they changed it i guess his mothe died2 which is very sad i just know he never metioned his homelife sure something would of happend at season 5 oh well the long lost famil thign been over done n dukes n hulk i feel bad for michael long n knight least he had bonne devon n Kitt as his family what other unfilmed scripts do u know about :karr:

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:28 am

the whole idea for michael long to become michael knight is to conceal his identity to keep him safe and those around him safe.

why would they tell people that he is alive as michael knight? that would blow his entire cover.

MikeLutton
Operative

Post by MikeLutton » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:13 am

i dont know it was just a thought i had to bad knight rider didnt go on longer sometimes david banner tell people who he really is n went see his family i dont know just a thought which never hurts kr is the best glad its big again

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:45 pm

David Banner had nothing to hide, just dont make him angry. David Banner was still who he was. - on the run a bit yes, but he never stopped existing.

Michael Knight didn't exist - to have anyone know his former or true identity would be dangerous.

Also, I didnt like that Knightmares revealed that a very small handful of people knew what really happened to Michael Long. I would have preferred a clean cut - the secret belonged only to Michael and FLAG.

Stevie knew who he was, but he never told her - she figured it out herself. And while her knowledge never put her in danger from Michael's enemies, it could have.

After A Good Knight's Work, Michael even said that he got used to Michael Knight and wouldn't go back, even though the man he was specifically hidden from was behind bars.

MikeLutton wrote:i dont know it was just a thought i had to bad knight rider didnt go on longer sometimes david banner tell people who he really is n went see his family i dont know just a thought which never hurts kr is the best glad its big again