KARR question

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

blowersho
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KARR question

Post by blowersho » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:27 pm

So we all know that the AI KITT animated the car known as the Knight 2000. What was then the name of the first car that was animated by the AI KARR ? Was it also the K2000 or something else like the Knight 1000?

whet
FLAG Assistant

Re: KARR question

Post by whet » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:10 pm

As far as the series goes as exspalined in "trust dosn't rust" Karr was Kitt's prototype KARR. Knight Automotive roving robot.

When you think about Knight industries one thousand would never work, KIOT, was as Ktt does for both Knight 2000 and knight 3000, as it makes a name when you use the first letters from each word.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:15 pm

This was never mentioned and there is no official statement about this.
Some people I have talked to say that KARR must be the Knight 1000, but in my opinion it's the Knight Automated Roving Robot. So the vehicle is as much KARR as the CPU is.
It's like the Knight 2000 is also a short form for Knight Industries Two Thousond, like KITT.

So I guess there is no concistency in namin their cars.

(Well, in KR2000 the Knight 4000 became KITT when Michael build the processor into the car, but the body was still the Knight 4000. But this was never intended, was it?)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:12 pm

I've asked this question on the boards here a few years ago myself. I came to the conclusion that since K.A.R.R. and K.I.T.T. are separate entities from the Knight 2000 vehicle, K.A.R.R. is indeed built into a Knight 2000 prototype. K.I.T.T.'s acronym was named after the finalized Knight 2000 vehicle as well as referring to his Series 2000 circuitry as explained in Knight Rider 2000. The bottom line is that the A.I. installed in any given Knight Industries vehicle doesn't necessarily have to be named after the car it's built into; K.I.T.T. (as well as the Knight 3000 K.I.T.T.) just happen to have acronyms with the same name as their vehicles. This also may be why we never actually heard the Knight 4000's A.I. being referred to as K.I.F.T.

Furthermore, I don't believe K.A.R.R. was originally conceived as a Knight 2000 vehicle. If K.I.T.T.'s A.I. first existed in a computer mainframe in the Pentagon, K.A.R.R.'s first existed elsewhere probably even before the Knight 2000 was even designed, hence why he was not named after it.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:43 pm

According to Glen A. Larson, the car and the AI are separate entities. the AI is the Knight Industres Two Thousand, the car is the Knight 2000. As Devon always tells that Karr is virtually identical to Kitt except for the programming, I assume that the vehicles were of exactly the same model...

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:54 pm

Lost Knight wrote:I've asked this question on the boards here a few years ago myself. I came to the conclusion that since K.A.R.R. and K.I.T.T. are separate entities from the Knight 2000 vehicle, K.A.R.R. is indeed built into a Knight 2000 prototype. K.I.T.T.'s acronym was named after the finalized Knight 2000 vehicle as well as referring to his Series 2000 circuitry as explained in Knight Rider 2000. The bottom line is that the A.I. installed in any given Knight Industries vehicle doesn't necessarily have to be named after the car it's built into; K.I.T.T. (as well as the Knight 3000 K.I.T.T.) just happen to have acronyms with the same name as their vehicles. This also may be why we never actually heard the Knight 4000's A.I. being referred to as K.I.F.T.

Furthermore, I don't believe K.A.R.R. was originally conceived as a Knight 2000 vehicle. If K.I.T.T.'s A.I. first existed in a computer mainframe in the Pentagon, K.A.R.R.'s first existed elsewhere probably even before the Knight 2000 was even designed, hence why he was not named after it.
Hands down this is the BEST explanation I've ever heard on the subject.