NEW KNIGHT RIDER SPOILER DETAILS & IDEAS

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

dag268
Rookie

Re: NEW KNIGHT RIDER SPOILER DETAILS & IDEAS

Post by dag268 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:01 am

Hello, Im new to this site. Question, and this may have been brought up already but in the season 4 wasn't there a Jennifer who tried to have Michael fired. Jennifer Knight. She commented on Michael and Garth being similar. Could be a link from the original to the 2008 KR. :kitt:

Radicalas
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Radicalas » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:02 am

dag268 wrote:Hello, Im new to this site. Question, and this may have been brought up already but in the season 4 wasn't there a Jennifer who tried to have Michael fired. Jennifer Knight. She commented on Michael and Garth being similar. Could be a link from the original to the 2008 KR. :kitt:
It was, but she was Garths sister, and Michael looks just like Garth, so it could look like incest to others, because they could think, that Michael and Garth is brothers, and Garth has sister, which makes Jennifer Michaels sister too (even the last names are the same). And calculations says, that Mike born in ~second season, then there was no Jennifer Knight

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:00 pm

So too here, Mike is a Gulf war vet - but we know nothing about how that affects him now.
Gulf war vet? What time period is this set in? If that's the case, Mike would have been 7 years old when he served in the Army... pretty sure the cut off is 17 with parents permission. :lol: Sorry Neil just poking fun lol.

If they really want to reboot this thing, then I think some really drastic has to happen to Mike, such as killing off his girl friend from the pilot, she was so forgettable anyway I can't even remember her name, really give Mike that sense of what its like to have absolutely nothing and to know you can never have nothing. Only then will he understand what its like to be a man who truly doesn't exist.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:00 am

they need to steer away from Mike and Sarah having a relationship, that would just make it tedious

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:32 pm

Definitely but unfortunately they'll do it after some built up tension probably after they throw in another female or a guy (with Mike's dislike of him and warning, until Sarah tells him to butt out followed by Mike being proven right) and they'll have the long annoying dance when they take turns being jealous or whatever. Maybe it's because I've watched too much Smallville and other shows that have done it but I really REALLY hope I'm wrong.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:13 am

SMALLVILLE???

and now we're back to kryptonsite again... i sense a theme....

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:31 am

Well...GSt handled all the relationships on Las Vegas pretty well so i have faith that he'll be able to handle them in this show as well.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:56 am

im in two minds about it now....

i know i originally said stay away from the relationship thing but is that just because thats what were used to between Bonnie and MK?? (i believe in real life it was DH who did want the characters together but PM did...??)

im all for KR coming back but it doesnt necessarily need to be an exact copy of what went before...

maybe SGs boyfriend "Rock" could turn up... (anyone for a corny wrestling cameo? :lol: )

and on the subject of 'cameos' it would be nice for KR08 to borrow one thing from 'smallville' (keeping the theme going) where they have actors who were in the movie versions of Superman cropping up as different characters now and again...

i'd like to see an onscreen cameo from William Daniels maybe as the computer whizz that designed the original KITT voice modulator and in an act of vanity, had the voice modelled on his own...

DH cant return as anything but MK because he has already been introduced that way but how about if Garth were still alive (cue grey hair and dodgy glued on beard...) and we know that Garth did have a way with the ladies so its just possible that he had children... I'd imagine that Garth would certainly have and opinion on the foundation bearing his name being 'resurrected' without any family involvement, depending on the back story they create for FLAG coming back...

so now we need roles for Peter Parros, Patricia McPherson and even throw in Rebecca Holden...

Im guessing that politics and egos (and WD's age...) may get in the way of this happening but the idea just appeals to me...

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:42 am

I'd like to see patricia McPherson playing bonnie barstow. Some roles are so closely identified with the characters, you can't see them doing anything else in the series.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:10 pm

Her boyfriend's name was Brock, not Rock, heh. Though it could still work for a corny wrestling (or at this point, UFC) reference/cameo. Only thing is Brock Lesnar being her boyfriend would probably be rather scary, visually, not just the acting. Besides, that Brock was probably similar to the guy Mike was describing when making fun of him. :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KryptonSite
Volunteer

Post by KryptonSite » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:26 pm

Aside from a William Daniels cameo (since we didn't actually SEE him on the old show) I think that if we see anyone from the original series, they should be playing their original roles - especially since it exists in the same "universe." It's a great opportunity to get people back with familiar faces.

I wonder if Hasselhoff would have issues with playing Garthe now since it doesn't have to be a dual role (Michael no longer being the lead character and all).

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:15 am

I was just browsing google news and came across this.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 3633810340

Of course it's anyone guess if it's true or not, but intresting to read.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:10 am

Well, levin Rambin sure got employed quick, after leaving "all My Children. but i don't know who paul Campbell is.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:31 pm

I'm worried about Knight Rider being overcasted.

There seems a lot of suplus to requirments cast members here.

I hope that we hardly see them, It;s supposed to be focused on the car and the driver, in this case Mike Tracer.

the entire concept is going to be ruined how many cast member now, about 8??

Far to many.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:35 pm

We don't know for sure who will be coming back from the pilot, I wouldn't be surprised if Mike's friend doesn't make it. Besides that the casting notice that went out for the first episode only had I think one character that might be reoccurring.

So, Sarah, Charles, Carrie, Mike, KITT, this guy who might be a regular but not in every episode and maybe his friend who's name I can't remember..I think the only three characters that'll appear consistently at this point might just be Mike, KITT and maybe Sarah.