NEW KNIGHT RIDER SPOILER DETAILS & IDEAS

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knighthazzard
Recruit

NEW KNIGHT RIDER SPOILER DETAILS & IDEAS

Post by knighthazzard » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:10 pm

Some details have been leaked regarding possible spoilers for the first up and coming episode for Knight Rider entitled 'Knight in Shining Armour' (homage to the episode name in Season 2 perhaps?) Although the plot line will bear no correlation to the episode of that name no doubt. There are some reports that the plot will entail Mike Traceurs life changing forever (A clue referred to the original overture 'A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist' Now most of us have seen the two hour pilot and there have also been reports that viewing this pilot is not going to bear any influence\ necessity on the those wishing to watch the upcoming series.

I am a little curious to see how the producers wishing to create the 'man that does not exist' is going to be overly achieved. Afterall, Justin Bruening has been given the lead role already and a lot of effort has been placed in Interviews, advertisements and Conferences so I do not see the lead star changing. Will the Foundation be cosmetically reconstructing the lead character as in the original series or would this merely be a reference to placing an individual i.e Traceur 'off the map?' Alternatively; will this once again be a re telling\ different take on the 'new pilot?' There is certainly a lot of room for hidden loop holes to found from the pilot .

One great idea that the producers could also toy with would be for Mike Traceurs mother having not being killed in the 'February pilot' episode. Remember the story of how Wilton Knight Orchastrated Michael Longs Transition into Michael Knight? The same could have been applied to Traceurs mother in order to bear influence over Traceurs obligation to work for the foundation. Remember Graiman and Ravais message to Traceur 'you have no immediate family, no ties'. This could be sold as a ploy or ruse orchastrated by the FBI and Carrie Ravai and seen as a necessity to enlisting Traceurs Services for FLAG? An idea once more but could leave an opening for future storylines. (This paragraph highlights and idea and is in no way to be regarded as a spoiler for the new series)

It would be good to see any future speculation, input or spoilers from any of you here...

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: NEW KNIGHT RIDER SPOILER DETAILS & IDEAS

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:06 pm

Yes,

You gleened that information off one of the kryptonsite outlets (oh yes I know about these so called KR spoiler sites out there). While I believe they are quite adept at gathering reliable spoilers for Smallville, I really wouldn't take what they say about Knight Rider as gospel truth just yet.

Still it does raise a lot of questions about the direction they're going in.

=VK=
:dash:

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by neps » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:53 pm

Well I think alot of us have seen that site before, since they've mentioned it here, so it's not far fetched for us all to know about it...

But I think the "one man can make a difference" might be more of an extension of character developments with Mike. In our interview with Gary Scott Thompson (http://shadowyflight.com/news/2008/04/e ... -part1.php) we talked about that core theme of Knight Rider - and he expressed interest in showing what made the character that way in the original series.

So too here, Mike is a Gulf war vet - but we know nothing about how that affects him now. We knew why Michael was a loner, and had to be that one man. But what from Mike's Iraqi service builds his character, what drives him - and for that matter, why did they need to build another KITT in the first place?

I don't know if we'll hear that phrase as gospel through the credits like we did in the original series - but I think the core of the msg will remain true.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:53 am

Craig (creator of K-Site and a bunch of TV related sites and a member here) is usually rather reliable when it comes to this sort of thing so I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. Since Mike has no immediate connections his "not existing" could be as simple as wiping all info about him from databases, maybe a slight name change. Obviously they won't be changing his appearance or anything like that. If it was Men In Black they could just do the neutralizer thing to everyone. :D
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:32 am

Such stuff always has to be taken with a grain of NaCl, but we'll see.

Please, please tell me 'Billy & Zoe' won't be some low humor relief. Bonnie or April model was great because they were pros, and cared for KITT (Knight of the Drones, Junk Yard Dog). The names and a duo just strike me that some 'funniness' for young audiences will enter the stage.
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:29 pm

I think the life changing "twist" for Mike is him taking his real last name, the name of his father and the founder of the foundation of which he now works, Knight, and declare Mike Traceur dead, like they did for his father in the first pilot "Knight of the Phoenix".

Mike Traceur is dead, Mike Knight is born

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:49 pm

Say- you don't suppose they're going to kill of the original michael knight, and mike will take his name as a homage, do you?
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:56 pm

Technically, Mikes family name would be 'Long'

I just hope his middle name is not 'Ox....'

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:22 pm

KRAvengerII wrote:Say- you don't suppose they're going to kill of the original michael knight, and mike will take his name as a homage, do you?
They wouldn't dare. Could you imagine how the KR community might react to that?

Although we did have those hack writers (who apparently knew little about the original show) kill off Devon Miles in "Knight Rider 2000." Look how well that worked out.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:57 pm

I meant to say. "AN homage"

KryptonSite
Volunteer

Post by KryptonSite » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:03 am

The idea of him adopting the name "Michael Long" does come up, at least in the first draft of the script... we'll see, I guess.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:25 am

Maybe they should call the show, "LONG rider" then. Honestly, what's wrong with Traceur?

KryptonSite
Volunteer

Post by KryptonSite » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:19 pm

For one, not even NBC can seem to decide how it's spelled. ;p

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:29 pm

You know, that brings up an interesting point- where DID Mike get his name from, anyway?

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:09 pm

probably some kind of relocation type thing. kinda like a witness relocation program

KryptonSite
Volunteer

Post by KryptonSite » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:41 pm

Did they say Jenny's last name onscreen? Maybe that was her last name...

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Jenny's last name was "Andrews". It looks like TKR is being completely ignored, along with all the other attempted spin-offs. It's probably for the best, but it does tend to confuse a lot of people who are familiar with all the sequel stories.

[EDIT] Mike's mother was referred to as Jennifer in the credits (which is why I immediately thought of "Jenny" from TKR). There was a lot of deliberate vagueness in the pilot, which leaves a lot of room for the writers on the series!
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:19 pm

That wouldn't have worked too well, unless the new knight rider was set in the future. Was TKR set in 1998?

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:32 am

TKR was set in 1997. Jenny Andrews in TKR is Michael Long's daughter. She is a completely different person from the Jenny in the NBC pilot. I will admit though the two actresses do look somewhat alike which is where the confusion is coming from.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:11 am

im pretty sure the actress who played Jennifer in the KR08 show also played a 'kryptonian' in Lois & Clark back in the 90's...

which nicely brings us full circle back to kryptonsite!

and as for 'Jenny Andrews' from TKR, wow... :wink:

i hope they use the character of Mike Traceur to explore Michael Longs past, in a kind of 'looking for his roots kind of way...'

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:22 am

Wasn't that Kryptonian one of the sisters from Family Ties? O_o Hmmm, I'm gonna look that up....

*Searches*

Yeah, it was Justine Bateman, Jennifer was played by Susan Gibney.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KryptonSite
Volunteer

Post by KryptonSite » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:49 am

I don't think the Jennifer from KR08 was ever on L&C; the "New Kryptonian" was played by Justine Bateman.

One actress from TKR was on Lois & Clark though... Kathy Trageser played "Baby Gunderson" - Lois's father's robotic "girlfriend" - in the third season episode "Home Is Where The Hurt Is."

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:15 am

We should have a trivia section- TKR/KR actors that appeared on Lois and Clark." :D

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:39 pm

That'd be a pretty small trivia section, heh.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:26 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:im pretty sure the actress who played Jennifer in the KR08 show also played a 'kryptonian' in Lois & Clark back in the 90's...

which nicely brings us full circle back to kryptonsite!

and as for 'Jenny Andrews' from TKR, wow... :wink:

i hope they use the character of Mike Traceur to explore Michael Longs past, in a kind of 'looking for his roots kind of way...'
You may be thinking of another sci-fi show...the actress who played Jennifer in the KR08 Pilot played Dr. Leah Brahms in two episodes of "Star Trek: TNG"

JOe