Forget the Mustang

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kitt34
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Forget the Mustang

Post by kitt34 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:39 pm

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Re: Forget the Mustang

Post by Garthe Knight » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:01 pm

Been there... done that!

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:21 pm

Garthe Knight wrote:Been there... done that!
The Camaro is sleeker.

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Garth_Knight is right. The idea of the Camaro being the new KITT has already been discussed to death and while I agree that the Camaro is sleeker, it doesn't matter because it's a done deal. The only thing you can do now is voice your opinion about what car KITT should be for Glen Larson's movie in the Motion Picture forum.

I'll say this though: Why did they ruin the headlights on the next Camaro??? :roll: If I get one (and that's what it looks like), it's getting some headlight covers!
One man did make a difference.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:38 pm

Seriously, we desperately needed another thread about this. :roll:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

gotigers1
Rookie

Post by gotigers1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:58 pm

Can we please stop beating this dead horse?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:03 pm

I think we need a sticky topic... Maybe then we could get that damn horse buried and people will stop beating it.

EDIT: XD nice gotigers1.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:28 pm

89IROCNDoug wrote:Garth_Knight is right. The idea of the Camaro being the new KITT has already been discussed to death and while I agree that the Camaro is sleeker, it doesn't matter because it's a done deal. The only thing you can do now is voice your opinion about what car KITT should be for Glen Larson's movie in the Motion Picture forum.

I'll say this though: Why did they ruin the headlights on the next Camaro??? :roll: If I get one (and that's what it looks like), it's getting some headlight covers!
Those aren't the production headlights. The final ones will be similar to the concept's. I like the new Camaro and think it's perfect for Bumblebee....but there's something about it that doesn't say KITT to me.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:27 am

tamatt27 wrote:Those aren't the production headlights. The final ones will be similar to the concept's. I like the new Camaro and think it's perfect for Bumblebee....but there's something about it that doesn't say KITT to me.
The Camaro was perfect as Bumblebee. I also think it would have made a great KITT. It has a single vent, for a single red scanner...... more true to the original don't you think??? It looks more sleeker and downright more stealthier..........
But however... this debate has gotten old. While I wasn't impressed with the choice of car for the new KITT... the choice was made and I have to say, I would gladly admit that the Mustang GT500 did the part well. "Knights ride Horses"... I've said it before... and I'll say it again.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:39 am

KITT is a Mustang, like it or not. That's what it is. That's what it's gonna be.

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:55 am

Kram061-1 wrote:KITT is a Mustang, like it or not. That's what it is. That's what it's gonna be.
Well put..... :D

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:05 am

knightjp wrote:
tamatt27 wrote:Those aren't the production headlights. The final ones will be similar to the concept's. I like the new Camaro and think it's perfect for Bumblebee....but there's something about it that doesn't say KITT to me.
The Camaro was perfect as Bumblebee. I also think it would have made a great KITT. It has a single vent, for a single red scanner...... more true to the original don't you think??? It looks more sleeker and downright more stealthier..........
But however... this debate has gotten old. While I wasn't impressed with the choice of car for the new KITT... the choice was made and I have to say, I would gladly admit that the Mustang GT500 did the part well. "Knights ride Horses"... I've said it before... and I'll say it again.
I'm thinking about focusing on the camaro as K.I.T.T.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:24 pm

:roll:

It's NOT going to happen, get over it. Aside from the fact that the car IS STILL NOT IN ACTUAL PRODUCTION, it's also locked up by Paramount and couldn't be used even if it was being built today.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:54 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote::roll:

It's NOT going to happen, get over it. Aside from the fact that the car IS STILL NOT IN ACTUAL PRODUCTION, it's also locked up by Paramount and couldn't be used even if it was being built today.
Rightly said....
There are many who do not agree with the choice for the New KITT. Wait a sec... Isn't Glen Larson making another Knight rider movie or something??? Or was this it....
Anyways, the new KITT has been decided and we all do agree that it looks sweet. :wink:
Even thoough the Camaro would be a better choice, we'll have to live with the choice the producers made. Besides the Mustang didn't do the part bad, did it??? It fulfilled the role perfectly. What's wrong with that???

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:08 am

gotigers1 wrote:Can we please stop beating this dead horse?

Ha! I think I like that even better than the animated one:
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:06 am

Once again ill say this, would people really want this car to be KITT if it didnt have that scanner looking air vent? And like ive said before if you squint the Camaro looks like the Mustang they almost have the same profile but the Camaro just has more sharp box looking lines.
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:13 pm

Ironically, since I have the screen name "Knight Industries 3000," I think the Knight Industries Three Thousand in the new series looks like -- instead of Darth Vader's bathroom -- Darth Vader's diaper.

knightnx
Recruit

Post by knightnx » Thu May 01, 2008 6:43 am

At first
after Kitt 3000 was annouced i admit i wasnt impressed,

however looking back the car does fit the bill, ontop of that its an awesome car anyway
the more i see it the more i want one LOL
i hate to say its not the 80s anymore. Pontiac (for obvious reasons) cant cut it as the car of the future.
remember the mustang will get new features / abilities as the series unfolds. you never know it could morph in the the trans am for what ever reason.
:karr:

knightnx
Recruit

Post by knightnx » Thu May 01, 2008 6:48 am

p.s Camero as kitt doesnt work, great car though better transformer,
Kitt is a Shelby Cobra i doubt thats gonna change,
now if they could only sort out turbo boost

darthknight72
Recruit

Post by darthknight72 » Thu May 01, 2008 12:04 pm

First off,I have to say the new Camaro is awesome looking,in fact when they come out in another year I totally plan on getting one.Having said that,The Mustang is the new KITT,like it or love it.GM didnt have a car to offer to be in Knight Rider.Dodge could have put the challenger in the mix but Ford outbid them.Lets not forget thre new Mustang is a great car,and it kind of fits the times the way the original car fit its time frame.Just a thought would we even be having this conversation if the original KITT was a Mustang.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu May 01, 2008 5:13 pm

in all fairness, the mustang (in standard 'hero' mode) looks great with the split scanner (ki3t HAS to advance from the original, as far as looks go it works...)

the mustang works as the NEW car

heres a question, bare in mind ford are puttin the money in,...

what other choice was there...???

ki3t as a cougar? a probe?? a puma?? or a sportka...?? (ok im only familiar with european models...) :kittside: