Season 3 DVDs

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Season 3 DVDs

Post by knightofthephoenix » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:45 am

Does anyone know if Universal ever corrected the Season 3 DVDs with the missing sound effects? Or are you still able to contact them for replacements?

I’m going to purchase this regardless, but just wanted to know if it’s still possible to get the corrected episodes and how many were effected.

Thanks.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Season 3 DVDs

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:46 pm

As far as I know the flawed DVD sets are still the ones sold in stores. The original number Universal provided to get the mail-in corrected sets is no longer in service and I don't know if the offer is valid anymore. I tried ordering a Season 3 DVD set with what was listed with French subtitles (the corrected version has the French subtitles), but got the flawed set in the mail.

I also no longer see any Knight Rider DVDs on the shelves here in NY anymore at all, so I don't know what the deal with that is. They've been missing off the shelves in Target, Wal-Mart, Circuit City and Best Buy for at least a year now. I've inquired here about possible places to get the corrected sets now, but either no one knows or no one seems to care anymore because they already got their corrected sets two years ago through Universal.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KnightLegend
Rookie

Post by KnightLegend » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:37 pm

I don't think it is, the dvd's dissapeard within months of release from stores and I don't think Universal is correcting discs anymore. Tough break buddy

nostalgicgirl93
Stranger

Post by nostalgicgirl93 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:32 pm

i haven't noticed any missing sound effects on the season 3 discs i have seen so far. :?:

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:13 pm

I think there never was corrected S3 DVD:s for Region2, got mine in August last year and it was the one without proper sound effects. Lost Knight is one of the worst episodes with missing sound effects but there's a lot of missing sound effects in other episodes too, for instance Knight of the Chameleon. Some scenes have the sound effects but other's don't. Thank goodness KITTvsKARR have all sfx intact.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:45 pm

Bumping an old topic here and I know it's old news by now, but I stopped in f.y.e. in my local mall today and decided to check to see if they had any Knight Rider DVDs. I checked their shelves and sure enough they had each season. But why I'm posting about it is because they had one corrected version of the Season 3 DVD set as well as one flawed copy. Since they only had one corrected version I bought it and finally have it now almost 3 years later. Better late than never, I say. So for those who never got the corrected versions and want it, I would suggest you check your local f.y.e. store.

Here's a comparison:

Flawed Set:

Corrected Set:

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Um, how do you know they're the corrected sets? By the back cover? :?:
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:24 pm

The corrected set has French subtitles, "Francais".

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:54 pm

KRAvengerII wrote:Um, how do you know they're the corrected sets? By the back cover? :?:
Sorry, I probably should have clarified the slight differences because they are hard to see. The front cover is the same for both versions. The differences between the flawed sets and the corrected sets is that the corrected version includes French subtitles as Stylez pointed out. But the small number in the lower right hand corner is also different, too. The corrected set's number is 19951 and the flawed set's is 19243.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:00 am

I got mine through universal, so i know they're the right ones- just thought i'd ask.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Just noticed that the season 3 DVD box as a Scandinavian version with Finnish, Swedish, etc. subtitles now has a releasedate in 30th of July 2008 :)
http://www.discshop.fi/shop/ds_produkt. ... vies&&ref=
http://www.cdon.com/product.phtml?prod=520303

It will be very interesting to see if the sound effects are also corrected or will this be the same as the previous region2 release but only the subtitles added.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:47 pm

KITTfan wrote:Just noticed that the season 3 DVD box as a Scandinavian version with Finnish, Swedish, etc. subtitles now has a releasedate in 30th of July 2008 :)
http://www.discshop.fi/shop/ds_produkt. ... vies&&ref=
http://www.cdon.com/product.phtml?prod=520303

It will be very interesting to see if the sound effects are also corrected or will this be the same as the previous region2 release but only the subtitles added.
I can't imagine why it would be rereleased unless it's a revision of the set. Hopefully it will be. If it's not, the only other option for Region 2 fans or any other region for that matter is to buy a region-free DVD player and try to get ahold of a revised Region 1 copy. It's hard enough to find here let alone overseas, though.

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:49 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Bumping an old topic here and I know it's old news by now, but I stopped in f.y.e. in my local mall today and decided to check to see if they had any Knight Rider DVDs. I checked their shelves and sure enough they had each season. But why I'm posting about it is because they had one corrected version of the Season 3 DVD set as well as one flawed copy. Since they only had one corrected version I bought it and finally have it now almost 3 years later. Better late than never, I say. So for those who never got the corrected versions and want it, I would suggest you check your local f.y.e. store.
Thanks a million! I stopped by an F.Y.E while I was at the mall tonight and found a corrected set :D

knightfan2008
Stranger

Post by knightfan2008 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:18 pm

Wow this is great it's nice to know that there are corrected sets out there.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:48 pm

Received today the Scandinavian version of the 3rd season DVD box and so far I've watched Lost Knight, Knight of the Drones, The Ice Bandits and Knights of the Fast Lane. Unfortunately I have to report that the soundeffects are still missing, they have not been fixed at least from the episodes I've watched so far. The episodes have teasers which the earlier 2 seasons didn't have here.
Took few comparison shots of the differencies between Region2 UK version and the new Scandinavian version:

Language selection menu right after the Universal Studios intro, before the copyright texts. Knight Rider theme plays in the background when this menu is visible:

Main menu:

Screenshot from Lost Knight with Finnish subtitles:

Here's all of my Knight Rider DVD:s, from the Best of to the 4th season box:

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:19 am

Is this just for region 1? Is there a corrected region 2 version as well?
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!