TKR Images

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Kitzira
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

TKR Images

Post by Kitzira » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:30 pm

I'm looking for decent quality Team Knight Rider images. I'm using them for skins/themes I'm building for my KR Fiction Archive.

If anyone has any or links to some, let me know! Google has only led me to small grainy images.
Read KR Fanfiction and Post your own at http://www.knightfic.com

cajunknight0153
Operative

Re: TKR Images

Post by cajunknight0153 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:19 pm

when is Team Knight Rider coming out on DVD?

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Tue May 06, 2008 2:31 am

it did so poorly when it was originally aired...i would highly doubt that there will be a dvd release anytime soon,but then again time will tell/ :)

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu May 08, 2008 12:19 am

Very good question. And, a hard one to answer.

- Con: It indeed did poorly in the ratings. It wasn't treated so well in many stations during it's original broadcast.
+ Pro: It completed a full season. And, that helps the odds of it making a DVD set.

- Con: It was apart of the "Action Pack". I'm only aware of Xena/Hercules and Andromeda ever making it to the home video option. *Did those ever make it to DVD...or just VHS?
+ Pro: There are far worse series that never made it a full season...THAT DID go to DVD sets. I am surprised at some of the things that have made the try. Then again, some of these cases are because the creators financed the creation of the sets, to begin with.

- Con: If indeed it ever did make it to a DVD (or, by now, HD-DVD & Blu-Ray) would it be possible to find it in stores?
+ Pro: Being such a low ranking series, it's price tag probably wouldn't run very high. $20-$25, most likely. And, Best Buy has a better chance of having it in stock. They seem to stock things I've never seen anywhere else. (Aside from e-Bay.)

Are the creators of "Action Pack" still interested in reviving their past stuff? I'm sure if there was some sort of general interest (and with the release of the new KR series) from viewing fans, it might be possible. Anything could be possible.

* - Yes. A quick search of e-bay says that they did make all three series in DVD. Ahh...I see Tek War also made the DVD set. One of one listings in e-Bay. Must have been super poor in the sales. There were more TKR Dante Hot Wheel listings.

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Mon May 12, 2008 1:13 pm

cajunknight0153 wrote:when is Team Knight Rider coming out on DVD?
If you are intrested the entire series is on MySpace Primetime. along with the new movie (tv)
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon May 12, 2008 8:14 pm

I was able to get a dvd bootleg of the series from a friend of mine who eventually went on to selling copies on ebay.The stransge thing is one the images i found has them holding guns which Michael Knight,nor the cast of TKR ever had.The shadows of the cast in that image don't resemble Kyle thin medium height,Dukes Tall muscular look or any of the other cast members.I wonder if these were shot for promotion or were they invisioning a different cast for the show.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Tue May 13, 2008 12:33 pm

Knight Racer wrote:The stransge thing is one the images i found has them holding guns which Michael Knight,nor the cast of TKR ever had.
Not sure about TKR, but there was an episode where Michael held a gun. It was a VERY early episode. Probably the second (after the pilot), but I could be wrong. Can anyone shed some light on the episode?

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Tue May 13, 2008 3:29 pm

He Fired guns in 5 episodes actually and carried one in 6 episodes.

Season 1

Knight of The Phoenix He picked up Tanya's gun and fired back at the guard when the guard shot and wounded him.

Good Day at White Rock He held a gun on the Drug smugglers at the very beginning, but never fired it.

Hearts of Stone He fired the powerful gun outside the semi when Devon was showing it to him.

Short Notice He was shooting the gun in the old western town.

Season 2

Knightmares Kara gave him a gun while He had amnesia He fired it at Kitt.

Season 3

Knight in Disgrace He fired a blank at Devon when he was pretending to be suspended from FLAG.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue May 13, 2008 4:21 pm

Knight Racer wrote:The stransge thing is one the images i found has them holding guns which Michael Knight,nor the cast of TKR ever had.The shadows of the cast in that image don't resemble Kyle thin medium height,Dukes Tall muscular look or any of the other cast members.I wonder if these were shot for promotion or were they invisioning a different cast for the show.
I do believe so. This was probably an early concept image of what they might have gone with. The logo is different. The generally intended notions are different. And, it might be possible that what we saw in the actual show was even closer to KR then what that early image hints at. Could they seriously have been planning a show that was mildly reflective of The A-Team, I wonder :?:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue May 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Its funny how you mentioned the episode Good Day At White Rock where he did have a semi automatic in season 1.When Knightmares came around Devon had mentioned to Michael "I can't let you have that gun your not licensed to carry a gun or its not legal for you to carry a gun.I think that Michael used them only when absalutely necessary.Wilton envisioned the ultimate weapon a crimefighting computer on wheels.I think that was his intention to give Michael the greater edge over a fire arm.

I might also go as far as saying that Devon wouldn't have allowed Michael to carry a fire arm maybe its because in Ten Wheel Trouble Kitt told Michael its against foundation protocol to allow kitt to take over just to get out of a traffic jam and kitt inched himself over to the right somehow,(Perfect Parking engineering in my opinion) to get over to the side of the road and drive off.I think they did alot of things that was against foundation rules.
March2875 wrote:He Fired guns in 5 episodes actually and carried one in 6 episodes.

Season 1

Knight of The Phoenix He picked up Tanya's gun and fired back at the guard when the guard shot and wounded him.

Good Day at White Rock He held a gun on the Drug smugglers at the very beginning, but never fired it.

Hearts of Stone He fired the powerful gun outside the semi when Devon was showing it to him.

Short Notice He was shooting the gun in the old western town.

Season 2

Knightmares Kara gave him a gun while He had amnesia He fired it at Kitt.

Season 3

Knight in Disgrace He fired a blank at Devon when he was pretending to be suspended from FLAG.

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Thu May 15, 2008 5:34 am

This is the only TKR pic i have:

I like it though!
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama