What Kitt needs....

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What Kitt needs....

Post by DevonStyles » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:46 pm

T-tops!!! possibly even a convertable!!! That would be one solid way to customize the mustang :kittconv:
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Re: What Kitt needs....

Post by knightprobe89 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:14 am

turbo boost and ski mode.
in glen larson we trust.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:16 am

DevonStyles wrote:T-tops!!! possibly even a convertable!!! That would be one solid way to customize the mustang :kittconv:
T-tops? Convertable? There should be a original KITT rehab or something like AA or it would be called KA for all the people who are going through withdrawl for the old KITT lol :mrgreen:
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

kopiikat
Rookie

Post by kopiikat » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:22 pm

Hmmm, T-tops maybe...The Mustang already comes as a convertible, though. See?: http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/imag ... g_main.jpg
KITT: 请别叫我‘汽车’或是‘几只轮子’,我是奈特工业2000号!

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:48 pm

remember when the Mustang had T-Tops, circa 1986......T-Tops got BIG in the '80's. I'd be satisfied if KITT had Turbo and Ski Modes........

oh yeah, btw why did the original KITT need Convertible mode when it was already a T-TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :evil:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:27 pm

I don't think a convertible would be too difficult as the nanotechnology could simply remove the roof.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:06 pm

I know this is a stretch but I think the voice box needs to be altered....I actually think, after watching the pilot online again, that the voice was more believable from the original show because of the voice box. It didn't look computerized enough, and it's almost like, b/c of that, you believe it was the car that was talking, not a voiceover...almost like a visual illusion.........

PaoloM
Recruit

Post by PaoloM » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:43 pm

Kram061-1 wrote:I know this is a stretch but I think the voice box needs to be altered....I actually think, after watching the pilot online again, that the voice was more believable from the original show because of the voice box. It didn't look computerized enough, and it's almost like, b/c of that, you believe it was the car that was talking, not a voiceover...almost like a visual illusion.........
Yes, in my opinion the voice box is not right. And its mispositioned: having it down there and making the driver turn his head and eyes feels like the box is an accessory rather than a true expression of the car's personality. Michael Knight was "talking" with KITT in a more realistic and fluid way.
Plus, OK, KI3T is fast, now we know it. But we need some more stunts! Breaking walls, jumping, coming to the rescue in much more acrobatic ways. Classic Knight Rider did this very well, why can't a 2008 series do the same, if not better?

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:06 pm

PaoloM wrote: Classic Knight Rider did this very well, why can't a 2008 series do the same, if not better?
Like i said there should be a original Knight Rider rehab
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:39 am

I do agree that a repositioning is needed. The VM isn't in the right place at all.. Even if they just moved it up higher.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:09 am

Instead of T-tops... how about a glass roof, in the series they could make it slide back (season 4 style) and use that for ejector manouvers. The glass roof (non sliding) will be a factory fitted option on all Mustangs for the 2009MY, even the GT500 KR.
http://images.worldcarfans.com/articles ... Mini2L.jpg
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:24 am

I actually think the voice box is fine where it is. I wouldn't object to it being moved above the steering wheel or something, but frankly I remember a lot of conversations in the original KR where Da Hoff was either looking straight ahead or at something else while he and KITT spoke. Whenever they would cut to KITT they would just show the voice box. While he did look down at the box now and then in front of him, I never considered that critical. All that was critical was the voice being in the cabin of the car.

I think the TV movie did do a good job if you listen for the tones and how the voice was projected. When inside the vehicle, it was very self contained. When outside, especially on the scene on the bridge, the voice was projected, as if it were coming from a speaker. This makes the voice an intrinsic part of the car - not just a simple VO.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:17 pm

most of my recollection of michael 'talking to KITT' in TOS he was looking toward the screens and i know there'll be a reply to this at some point saying 'KITT was showing MK something' but honestly look at most of the episodes, especally season 1, even in general conversation. Im not sure DH knew where the VM was meant to be... (after all, the cutaway shots were only added in PostProd)

but did i see on here somewhere that KI3T is meant to have HUD???

well that could show anything couldnt it???

Actually whats to stop them doing the 'videophone' stuff in HUD??? (now im kinda thinkin along the lines of 1970s star wars with the little projection of carrie fisher... and i mean purely in terms of the effect!)

but i can foresee a kop out of 'more complicated not always better' a bit like the argument over KI3T running on petrol in the pilot. Incidentally, couldnt KI2T run on 'any combustable source....?' Im not sure which episode thats from but it is in TOS...

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:43 pm

Another vote here for turbo boost and ski mode.

Nismogtr21
Recruit

Post by Nismogtr21 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:16 pm

I totally agree with goldbug and phoenix, I thought I was the only one who noticed this!!! Believe it or not, when I started to watch the shows again as a teen, thats when I actually realized that the voicebox was above the steering wheel because as a kid watching the show, I always saw the same thing, MIchael looking at the screens when Kitt would talk, so I assumed thats where the "voice" was coming from.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:38 pm

cup holders and some jump leads :D

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:39 pm

Yes I hear you on the Knight rider rehab. I don’t think we need the turbo boost, I think the original show only had 5 or so jumps that they cut into episode after episode, it never quite looked like KITT landed in one piece. And the hard top thing didn’t ever quite work in the original. But I was thinking KITT could totally become a convertible, hey if he can lose his scanner. (How he sees I don’t know) I think KITT should be able to put oxygen through his regular air vents and I defiantly think he’s gonna need a defibrillator. I have some pretty good story ideas for that. And I think I’d like to see KITT inside buildings, or on elevators, that would be great. And if he’s gonna end up in Iraq using Prometheus he’s gonna need to be a camouflage brown color. Ah the possibilities.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:34 pm

The only part of the show I can recall them only having a handful of shots of were backing out of the semi, the turbo boost were almost always done in a way where they couldn't get away with recycling footage, though I'm sure they did a few times near the end. The car didn't come down that well but that wouldn't be a problem these days since they could easily do it with CGI and have it look good, just as long as enough time is taken with the effect. Driving fast and changing from one Mustang model to another and a different color just isn't going to cut it.

With the nanotech the new KITT should be able to have a evolved version of "silent mode" which involves the car basically turning invisible, with maybe a Predator like effect to it. This isn't at all far fetched because it's something that's been in research for years as a use for nanotech involving the bending of light around an object.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

DorianX
Recruit

Post by DorianX » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:52 am

It's not even as out-there as "bending light": KITT can change his exterior color. He could just change it to project whatever's on the other side. Call it "Chameleon Mode".

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:13 am

goldbug wrote:I actually think the voice box is fine where it is. I wouldn't object to it being moved above the steering wheel or something, but frankly I remember a lot of conversations in the original KR where Da Hoff was either looking straight ahead or at something else while he and KITT spoke. Whenever they would cut to KITT they would just show the voice box. While he did look down at the box now and then in front of him, I never considered that critical. All that was critical was the voice being in the cabin of the car.
Exactly. I meant to say this as well but must have forgotten to post about it. Plus, even as a kid I never had any clue where the voice modulator was. Looking for it on my toy Voice Car certainly didn't help because Kenner never actually printed that detail on the dashboard sticker.
goldbug wrote:I think the TV movie did do a good job if you listen for the tones and how the voice was projected. When inside the vehicle, it was very self contained. When outside, especially on the scene on the bridge, the voice was projected, as if it were coming from a speaker. This makes the voice an intrinsic part of the car - not just a simple VO.
I agree. The problem with K.I.T.T. was not the sound of his voice or the sounds of it coming from inside and outside the car, but with the actual personality/performance. However, the original series never used this method for K.I.T.T.'s voice and it always seemed to sound like it was coming from inside the car or Michael's comlink. I suspect this was because of the tinny sound of the voice. That fact may have in a sense spoiled the audience into thinking that the new voice should be the same volume at all times. Knight Rider 2000 was particularly terrible with this, as K.I.T.T.'s voice sounded too clear as if he was standing in the room with you during each scene.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:31 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:The only part of the show I can recall them only having a handful of shots of were backing out of the semi, the turbo boost were almost always done in a way where they couldn't get away with recycling footage, though I'm sure they did a few times near the end. The car didn't come down that well but that wouldn't be a problem these days since they could easily do it with CGI and have it look good, just as long as enough time is taken with the effect. Driving fast and changing from one Mustang model to another and a different color just isn't going to cut it.
The first season reused shots more than the others; I think the first season even recycled KITT driving through the prison wall at least once. ... I know I’ve seen the jump over a lake a couple times; I could probably go back and list episodes with repeats if you really want it. But as for KITT’s landing, I just hit on this, check it out, it cracked me up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YeKY0wUH88

How did we live before CGI.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:49 pm

Here’s some nonstop action for all you turbo boost fans out there. Jump KITT Jump!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arL04K3HLMw
Turbo boost.gif
Turbo boost.gif (93.86 KiB) Viewed 12327 times