Knight rider toy price guide site

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

dmtgamepack
Volunteer

Knight rider toy price guide site

Post by dmtgamepack » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:09 pm

Here it is what do you think? http://www.freewebs.com/knightridertoys

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Knight rider toy price guide site

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:46 pm

I confess, before I even saw the site I was all set to look over the items and then argue about the pricing. But I have to say I'm kind of in sync with you. Too many people say "I saw such and such on ebay so that must be the going price." And if someone is selling a "Mint In Box" Kenner Talking car for 50 bucks, they're either crazy or it really isn't MIB.

People will overpay for items and they'll also find great bargains. But in general I think your suggested prices are pretty accurate. Nicely done.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:36 pm

I didnt know they made a pedal car, if i wouldve known i gurantee i would have that when i was a kid. I was so obsessed with KR toys looking at that site really brings back alot of memories.
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

KnightLegend
Rookie

Post by KnightLegend » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:06 am

That is a very useful and helpful website.

dmtgamepack
Volunteer

Post by dmtgamepack » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:08 pm

Site is always open for suggestion and for new toys in the data base. wants the trafic picks up on it there is more content to be put up..

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:51 pm

What a great site. I'm one who doesn't care as much about the prices as I do for the fact that there seems to be every available Knight Rider toy.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

kopiikat
Rookie

Post by kopiikat » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:09 am

Lost Knight wrote:What a great site. I'm one who doesn't care as much about the prices as I do for the fact that there seems to be every available Knight Rider toy.
That's me too! It's awesome to just look at them all. There was seriously a KITT Big Wheel?
KITT: 请别叫我‘汽车’或是‘几只轮子’,我是奈特工业2000号!

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:19 pm

I had a pedal car when i was a kid,but it looked nothing like that!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:45 pm

I had the KITT Big Wheel as a kid. I remember getting depressed each year because every time I had to move the seat back to a new set of pegs, it reminded me that one day I'd be too big to ride it any more.

I also had the talking voice car. I remember I would never put it down until one day a bully shattered my perception of reality when he rolled it in front of a speeding semi truck which smashed KITT to pieces then laughed about how KITT being invulnerble was "just in the tv show". I still had my turbo-booster KITT but it was never the same.

I've since repurchased both the turbo-booster KITT set and the talking Kenner car which is proudly displayed in my closet next to other childhood cars/trucks from M.A.S.K., Batman batmobile toys (movies and animated series) and Ecto 1 from Extreme Ghostbusters. I'm still on the lookout for a reasonably priced Jungle Explorer from Jurassic Park.

=VK=
:dash:

KnightGTP
Recruit

Post by KnightGTP » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:39 pm

I own the holy Grail if you will of Knight Rider Toys. I found it at a flea market in Michigan. The guy wanted $40 and I talked him down to $30..LOL :mrgreen: It's in very good shape. The best I have ever seen. I haven't even seen one like mine on Ebay. The one's on EBAY have many issues if they even come with the box. My box has never even been opened. It's my fav piece in my toy collection. I don't think I could even sell it. I do think it's worth more then what you have listed. I have talked to to a few toy guys and a few have told me anywhere from $300-500. One on Ebay that dosen't touch mine is up to $450. I will try and get some more pics when I go home to visit my mother.

I have only one as of right now.

1998 Pontiac GTP

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:05 am

Good for you for being able to acquire a MIB Voice Car for such a cheap price, KnightGTP. In all fairness, though, the prices these Voice Cars go for on eBay are not accurate since they are either auctions or have reserve prices that are simply made up by the sellers. That's why I'm glad I only paid $43.00 for mine, but it had no box, bottom battery cover, or Michael Knight figure. I didn't care about the figure because I still had my original one from when I was a child. Couldn't care less about the battery cover since the battery can still stay in place and it's on the bottom. Plus, buying one of those things and not being able to take it out of the box would be torture, even at my age. :)

KnightGTP
Recruit

Post by KnightGTP » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:14 pm

This one just went on ebay for $610 with no reserve. I always think the worth of something is what people are willing to pay for it. That's just IMO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=002
1998 Pontiac GTP

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:57 am

bah, i bought a mint but loose 'voice car' for 20 bucks 10 years ago. it never had a battery in it, and the windows are clear as they were 25 years ago. the plastic is still flawless and shiny and scratch free. it has both doors that open and close freely. and it has the 'Michael' figure too! the thing still talks if i pop in a D battery and sounds just as good as the audio samples from that site :mrgreen:. I love my 'voice car', i had one in 84 that my 2 year old brother stomped on and caved in the roof and popped out the doors. i looked for one for years (this was before the 'net ;) ), and could never find one for less than a 100 bucks and they were in POOR shape. well i was visiting a comic book store run by a friend of mine and we were talking about old toys we had as a kid. i told him the story of me trying to find a KITT voice car. he said he had one for 20 bucks if i was interested in it (does KITT smash through walls?! :D). he told me to come by the store in a day or so and he would bring it. he was true to his word and packed inside an old taped shut box wrapped in foam paper was my 'holy grail'. he now sits proudly on my dresser along with my other stuff :wink:.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:22 am

Just like many of you i had the voice car when it first came out & loved it for many years, i couldnt tell you what happened to it probably just got thrown away. A few things i remember is the voice slowed down not from batteries being low but something inside was messed up. Everytime i think about getting another one the Knight 2000 on the doors just bugs me as it did back when i was a kid & id have to paint it or something but that would be just ruining it so thats why i try to stay away from it. Im happy with the 1:18th. What would be really cool if someone modded the voice car to have a working scanner & accurate dash that lit up plus painted the body all black, that would be the coolest thing ever!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

dmtgamepack
Volunteer

Post by dmtgamepack » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:04 am

KnightGTP wrote:This one just went on ebay for $610 with no reserve. I always think the worth of something is what people are willing to pay for it. That's just IMO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=002
Your right about that get to geeks in the same room who both just got their tax check and watch out....ALot of the KR toys are really popular in Japn as well as the UK. If the ebay market has been try on MIB voice cars for awhile the price will sky rocket like that, but thats incredible it went for so much. I would never have payed that, but who ever bought it maybe owns a musem or $610 isn't nouthing to him.......

KnightGTP
Recruit

Post by KnightGTP » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:40 pm

GarthKnight08 wrote:Just like many of you i had the voice car when it first came out & loved it for many years, i couldnt tell you what happened to it probably just got thrown away. A few things i remember is the voice slowed down not from batteries being low but something inside was messed up. Everytime i think about getting another one the Knight 2000 on the doors just bugs me as it did back when i was a kid & id have to paint it or something but that would be just ruining it so thats why i try to stay away from it. Im happy with the 1:18th. What would be really cool if someone modded the voice car to have a working scanner & accurate dash that lit up plus painted the body all black, that would be the coolest thing ever!
This guy took the 1:18 and did just that. Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ZCC7-VpUQ

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn69xVsIA24&feature=user

I do remember when the batt ran low. Kitt would start slurring like he was drunk..lol. I have been trying to get my hands on the 1:18 joyride kitt with no luck. Anyone got an extra one for sale? :cry:
1998 Pontiac GTP

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:18 pm

GarthKnight08 wrote:Everytime i think about getting another one the Knight 2000 on the doors just bugs me as it did back when i was a kid & id have to paint it or something but that would be just ruining it so thats why i try to stay away from it. Im happy with the 1:18th.
All you have to do is put a strip of black electrical tape over the lettering. The width of the tape fits perfectly between the bottom of the door and the center crease. Most importantly, it's reversible. I did that with mine and actually thought the car looked too "naked" without it, so I took it off. Oddly enough, I actually came to like the lettering despite hating it when I was a kid.

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:21 pm

I like the toy guide site. I didn't know there was that much merchandise produced. Today I was digging around and found my MPC Knight Rider model kit and my plastic voice communicator watch which still works. It makes a beep noise. I know at one time I had a K.I.T.T. Kit I sent away for but I can't find it. Most likely it's gone.

KnightGTP
Recruit

Post by KnightGTP » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:03 pm

My kitt as a kid ended up being forggoten in the sand box and then it rained :cry: I cryed all day. I couldn't get a new one either cause it was like 1988 and the toy wasn't being made anymore. I found it again years later while helping my dad stack wood outside the house. It was buried in the ground with the tail end sticking out of the ground and saw the word "knight". I laughed and pulled it out. The car was missing the total top of the car. Nothing but the four wheels and the two seats were left and the front nose the with the scanner. I found the voice box not far by. I still have it. My mom told me to throw it away but It was my fav toy no matter how bad it's been damaged.
1998 Pontiac GTP

dmtgamepack
Volunteer

Post by dmtgamepack » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:21 am

KnightGTP wrote:Image
Yikes man dont store stuff on top of it. It looks to nice to have shelf ware do to a themors and a Transformer.
Looks very nice you didn't buy it for $40 you stole it more like...... :D

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:01 am

great site dmtgamepack! thanks for sharing - had been wanting to do something similar for ages!

keep it up!

KnightGTP
Recruit

Post by KnightGTP » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:49 pm

Yikes man dont store stuff on top of it. It looks to nice to have shelf ware do to a themors and a Transformer.
Looks very nice you didn't buy it for $40 you stole it more like......
Yeah I don't, I did just for that pic. To get other KR things in the pic. I will be geting some better pics of it when I go home here in a few weeks.
1998 Pontiac GTP

Toni Nummela
Knight of Finland

Post by Toni Nummela » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:47 am

KnightGTP wrote:Image
Hey! That red car on top of KNIGHT 2000 VOICE CAR is the car of Matt Tracker from M.A.S.K. isn't it?

Didn't get that at first sight. Cool stuff.

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:34 am

Very nice site. Clean and organized. Should you ever want to expand to toys released after the 80's (in and out of the US) I'd love to contribute.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

KnightGTP
Recruit

Post by KnightGTP » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:31 pm

Hey! That red car on top of KNIGHT 2000 VOICE CAR is the car of Matt Tracker from M.A.S.K. isn't it?

Didn't get that at first sight. Cool stuff.
Yeah I have the whole first series of M.A.S.K Toys. Very fun and cool toy line. Never got it's due.
1998 Pontiac GTP