Kitt an David scene in movie Kickin It Oldschool

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Kitt an David scene in movie Kickin It Oldschool

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:37 am

so yesterday I was just loungin around looking for something to watch on tv. I see Kickin It Oldschool was on starz ondemand so I decide to watch it. The plot is a young kid is injured during a break dancing competition in middle school and is in a coma for 20 years. After he wakes up 20 years later his medical bills have skyrocketed and he is obviously 20 years older but since he was in a coma his brain is that of a younger kid stuck in the 80's. Once his old friends meet up with him again one of them tells Justin (the kid that was in a coma) that David HassleHoff has a replica of Kitt and is sometimes seen driving it. Justin thinks this is cool and we get the impression that him and his friend where Knight Rider fans back in the day.

Cut to a new scene about halfway through the movie. Justin is going on a date with some girl he was in love with back in school. One of his friends suggest that he needs to do something to knock her off her feet, to wear nice clothes and such. Than his friend gets an idea, "what if you could show up in a cool car?" Cut to a scene of Kitt driving up and you hear the scanner sound. A man gets out and we see his boots. The camera pans up slowly and we see a leather jacket than the back of his head. It's David Hasslehoff. Justin and his friends look amazed. David tells justin to only use the higher octane gas because kitt is getting older than he laughs and hops on a Harley that is parked nearby and rides off.

There is some more smaller scenes closer to the end of the date where kitt drives off to look at something, and then reappers playing romantic music for justin and his date. They move the date inside Kitt where they start to kiss and other things. Kitt says, I sure am glad my interior has been scotchguarded. And thats the end of all the kitt scenes. All in all it was a pretty good movie and the kit and david scene made it even better.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Kitt an David scene in movie Kickin It Oldschool

Post by Showpro1 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:02 pm

:dash: :kitt2:
I just had to say that Kickin It Old Skool used my KITT replica, so the movie has some great memories
for me personally.
There were scenes taken out & you can see the stuff they took out on the DVD such as the burn out that I performed
because with a mere three million dollar budget they didnt have a stunt guy.
The great thing about it now being on cable (on demand) for instance, Don Peake will get some nice residual money.
Thanks for the post,

Dave.

kopiikat
Rookie

Post by kopiikat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:34 pm

Showpro1 wrote::dash: :kitt2:
I just had to say that Kickin It Old Skool used my KITT replica, so the movie has some great memories
for me personally.
There were scenes taken out & you can see the stuff they took out on the DVD such as the burn out that I performed
because with a mere three million dollar budget they didnt have a stunt guy.
The great thing about it now being on cable (on demand) for instance, Don Peake will get some nice residual money.
Thanks for the post,

Dave.
Wow! That must have been really fun. Did you get to interact with the cast much?
KITT: 请别叫我‘汽车’或是‘几只轮子’,我是奈特工业2000号!

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:38 pm

You know what kills me. Evertime we get Kitt in a movie or tv show they always use the most annoying voice for Kitt. From different strokes to kicking it oldshoool. I realise that William daniels is not availble or maybe even interested in doing voice overs for kitt appearences but they could attempt a voice that don't sound stupid or at least use an actor who somewhat cares what he sounds like.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:43 pm

:spmgo: :kittspin:
Kopiikat;
I did hang around the cast & move KITT to his marks as well as have lunch with Jamie Kennedy, Maria Menuonos,Emmanual Lewis,David Hasselhoff who were all alot of fun to talk to.

Devon Styles;
I was not thrilled with the of Benchwarmers movie for the same reason & Harvey Glazer Kickin It's (Director) swore to me on the set that William Daniels would be the voice for KITT.
It was William Daniels Manager who said by e-mail that he may have closed the door on that part of his career, so Harvey may not have lied to me after all.
William Daniels turned down appearing at our charity show in September so I will go down my list of celebrity guests
to invite but I cant invite David Hasselhoff if I want to see Glen Larson at Saugus Speedways show.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:50 am

Do you have any behind the scenes photos you could post up? Also what did you use to make the labeles for the dash?
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:07 pm

According to the directors commentary on the Bench Warmers DVD, Daniels did provide the voice for the Knight 2000.

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:24 pm

Crumblingdown;
I have some great pics but dont know how to post them, however I can send a few & if you wanted to post them.
On most buttons I labeled they were done by using pressure sensitive lettering that do need to be protected by a coating of some sort.

Blowersho;
I had never heard that commentary, now I will have to e-mail William Daniels assistant Ms. Joseph regarding that.

Well I better go because in an hour or so I will be at the final dress rehearsal for the play Im in starting tonight
titled The Kingdom.
Which will be online starting at 7:00 pacific time & the website is:
http://www.thekingdom2008.com.
Everyone have a great weekend,

Dave D.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:37 pm

Showpro when you get a chance email me the pictures and I will post them up. Grabmygoobiesrx7@aol.com

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:35 pm

Showpro1 wrote

"I had never heard that commentary, now I will have to e-mail William Daniels assistant Ms. Joseph regarding that."

Yeah find out, it will interesting to see what the assistant has to say. I remember the director being very proud of the fact that he got Bill Daniels, the original voice of the Knight 2000.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:23 pm

I got the pictures they turned out pretty good but for some reason the way they are saved it wont let me post them on here

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:10 pm

Crumblingdown;
I will try to post the pics, because I think a few people would like them.

Dave.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:21 pm

Showpro1 wrote:Crumblingdown;
I will try to post the pics, because I think a few people would like them.

Dave.
Yeah dude post those pics!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:43 pm

I hope this pic is posted here

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:35 pm

For some reason when I try to load them into photobucket it will not allow me possibly because of there file type?! Anyone else willing to give this a shot?? I cannot seem to figure it out. Those pictures turned out really nice shopro. Is that you with David Hasslehoff??

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Crumblingdown;

Sorry about the trouble posting those pics, I think my daugther needs to teach her dad her techno geek ways (lol).
Yes that is me with the Hoff & the T-shirt he is wearing says : Im Not Dead Yet!
The NBC affiliate in Seattle did a story on my car being in Jamie Kennedy's movie (Kickin It Old Skool) & that had a short behind the scenes video of the Hoff & the movies director (Harvy Glazer)talking over the scene.

Dave.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:49 pm

Wow I bet that was awesome to be able to hang with the Hoff, that has always been a dream of mine! Any idea why his shirt said I am not dead yet? I also wondered in the movie when he rides away on the motorcycle why he yells "I am never gonna die!" I am gonna mess around a little more and see if I can't get them up on here.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:45 pm

I finally got it working!! Here's the pictures from Showpros replica in the movie! Enjoy!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:18 pm

:kitt2: :dash: :kittspin:
Crumbling Down;

I also have this video that our Seattle NBC affiliate did after the movies release & they showed it in conjunction with the new Knight Rider pilot.

http://www.king5.com/video/eveningmagaz ... vid=218690

I hope you will enjoy it.

Dave.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:35 pm

Wow thats a very cool video!! I like how you turned your garage into the mobile command unit! You definitely have one of the best kitt replicas I have ever seen! Keep up the good work!

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:21 pm

:kitt2: Crumbling Down;
I really appreciate you posting the pics, those are some my favorite ones.
It is funny how it took most of the afternoon to do Davids cameo which as you know was all of two minutes &
then he rode off on that motorcycle singing -Im going to live forever!
He was very gracious to all his fans generally & me in particular.
If you see the movies DVD extras you can catch the two deleted scenes KITT was in that they took out and one was
a burn out that was pretty cool if I do say so.
Thanks again & take care,

Dave.

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:33 pm

KITT in Benchwarmers was the best :D Maybe not realistic to KR, but still pretty funny :)
McKurra: Read it, Karr.
KARR: But I -
McKurra: Read it.
KARR: -sigh- Genesis 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...
KNIGHT RIDER 2020 - a series canon by Knightsong

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:36 am

Benchwarmers was a fun movie & it was great to see KITT on the silver screen, I just wish
it would have been on alittle longer on screen.
All in all a good movie with a pretty fair cast ,and as Blowersho pointed out earlier William Daniels did the voice
for KITT in Benchwarmers.
William Daniels manager did tell that he does KITT's voice as he chooses, but they all seem to have something in common they are spoofs of Knight Rider in some way.
I invited William Daniels to the charity show in Santa Clarita, California this September 13th but we will see
if he will be able to join us- it would be great to see Mr. Daniels at the show next to one of our KITT replicas what
(a picture) that would make. :dash:
And at the very place it all started Saugus Speedway from Knight Of The Phoenix.
All the best,

Dave. :kitt2:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:29 pm

Just rented this to check it out. The Hoff/KITT scene was hilarious. Loved the "Don't Hassele the Hoff" shirt. :lol:
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Goldbug;

Did you see the deleted scenes? I think they should have been kept in
& some of the other stuff taken out.
Like the burn out & the stop next to Jamie Kennedy & Maria Menounos. :kitt2:
Thanks,

Dave.