DVD/Box Set Question....

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
User avatar
BlackMagic84
Recruit
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:38 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: South Carolina, U.S.A.

DVD/Box Set Question....

Post by BlackMagic84 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:46 am

I currently do not own the origianl KR series on DVD, but would like to purchase it.

Where is my best deal (in price) that I can get it from guys??? Any suggestions?

Do they even make a box set?

User avatar
BlackMagic84
Recruit
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:38 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: South Carolina, U.S.A.

Re: DVD/Box Set Question....

Post by BlackMagic84 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:36 pm

Ok, no answers yet, but here's what I found out so far....


#1 - I haven't found a "complete" box set available online as of yet.

#2 - I did look up prices from Best Buy, Circuit City and Knight Rider DVD.com (the official NBC/Universal webite)

Here are the prices for each season...

Season DVD / Best Buy Price / Circuit City Price / KRDVD.com Price
Season1: / 22.99 / 19.99 / 22.98
Season2: / 24.99 / 19.99 / 22.98
Season3: / 39.99 / 49.98 / 37.98
Season4: / 39.99 / 49.98 / 37.98
=================================
Totals: / 127.96 / 139.94 / 121.92

Prices do not include shipping and handling.


But I'm wondering: Why the price differences?

And secondly, Can I mix and match? Ex. - Circuit City has the best price for Season 1 and 2, and KRDVD.com has the best for season 3 and 4. But will the indiviual shipping charges cost me more to mix and match my order?


Anybody got any advice on this???

User avatar
neps
Site Administrator
Posts: 3257
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: nyc, usa
Contact:

Re: DVD/Box Set Question....

Post by neps » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:07 pm

A fourth option would be Amazon. They've got the following prices:

Season 1 20.99
Season 2 22.00
Season 3 21.49
Season 4 21.49

Total: $86.96 - they've also got free shipping on orders over $25 bucks - so that does seem like the best deal to me.

Also, if you buy it through our affiliate link - a percentage of your purchase goes back to support this site - so I'm biased on them :)

http://astore.amazon.com/knightrideron- ... TF8&node=1

User avatar
BlackMagic84
Recruit
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:38 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: South Carolina, U.S.A.

Re: DVD/Box Set Question....

Post by BlackMagic84 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:12 pm

neps wrote:A fourth option would be Amazon. They've got the following prices:

Season 1 20.99
Season 2 22.00
Season 3 21.49
Season 4 21.49

Total: $86.96 - they've also got free shipping on orders over $25 bucks - so that does seem like the best deal to me.

Also, if you buy it through our affiliate link - a percentage of your purchase goes back to support this site - so I'm biased on them :)

http://astore.amazon.com/knightrideron- ... TF8&node=1


Neps,

You must've been reading my mind!!!


As soon as I made that last post, I went and checked Amazon, and I went with that exact order......they'll be on the way in 3-5 bus. days!

Thanks!!! :kitt:

User avatar
GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:16 am

Re: DVD/Box Set Question....

Post by GarthKnight08 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:45 pm

BlackMagic84 wrote:I currently do not own the origianl KR series on DVD, but would like to purchase it.

Where is my best deal (in price) that I can get it from guys??? Any suggestions?

Do they even make a box set?


Theres always free, you cant beat that!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

User avatar
BlackMagic84
Recruit
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:38 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: South Carolina, U.S.A.

Re: DVD/Box Set Question....

Post by BlackMagic84 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:41 pm

GarthKnight08 wrote:
BlackMagic84 wrote:I currently do not own the origianl KR series on DVD, but would like to purchase it.

Where is my best deal (in price) that I can get it from guys??? Any suggestions?

Do they even make a box set?


Theres always free, you cant beat that!


Yeah, free usually is the best......???.......I think we all knew that.


Do you have any suggestions???

User avatar
AdRiAn_V
Stranger
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:23 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Malaysia

Re: DVD/Box Set Question....

Post by AdRiAn_V » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi,

Why not trying to purchase it thorough Amazon.com, they offer good services. I purchased mine from them.

McTrooper
Volunteer
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:48 am

Re: DVD/Box Set Question....

Post by McTrooper » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:50 pm

As far as free goes . . you might be able to check them out at the library. I've watched 24 and Alias through the Library system I use.

But if ownership is your goal then it sounds like Amazon is the best deal so far.

User avatar
justinbrueningnet
Operative
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:05 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: DVD/Box Set Question....

Post by justinbrueningnet » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:09 am

Wow those are cheap prices for season 4 compared to what I saw on the weekend. I was at a location of a popular music/dvd store in Canada down in Toronto and they had Season 4 going for either 64.99 or 67.99! :shock:

User avatar
BlackMagic84
Recruit
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:38 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: South Carolina, U.S.A.

Re: DVD/Box Set Question....

Post by BlackMagic84 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:05 pm

justinbrueningnet wrote:Wow those are cheap prices for season 4 compared to what I saw on the weekend. I was at a location of a popular music/dvd store in Canada down in Toronto and they had Season 4 going for either 64.99 or 67.99! :shock:



See my location.......South Carolina.


Keep in mind I'm below the Mason-Dixon line, everything is lower down here. Except gas!

User avatar
PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
Posts: 2363
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:20 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: MI

Re: DVD/Box Set Question....

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:49 pm

Don't use the Super Saver shipping through Amazon though. Doing so basically puts you in a "low priority" category where they'll be like "eh, we'll ship it when we get to it" you might be lucky and get it quick or at least quick compared to typical "super saver" shipping speeds or it could take a couple weeks. UPS and Fed-Ex ground service are more expensive but at least you get good tracking and it'll certainly be there in three days. Then there's USPS which isn't too bad even for standard shipping, it could get to you in three or four days from being shipped, maybe sooner if the warehouse they'd be sent from is within a couple hundred miles of you..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

User avatar
BlackMagic84
Recruit
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:38 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: South Carolina, U.S.A.

Re: DVD/Box Set Question....

Post by BlackMagic84 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:59 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Don't use the Super Saver shipping through Amazon though. Doing so basically puts you in a "low priority" category where they'll be like "eh, we'll ship it when we get to it" you might be lucky and get it quick or at least quick compared to typical "super saver" shipping speeds or it could take a couple weeks. UPS and Fed-Ex ground service are more expensive but at least you get good tracking and it'll certainly be there in three days. Then there's USPS which isn't too bad even for standard shipping, it could get to you in three or four days from being shipped, maybe sooner if the warehouse they'd be sent from is within a couple hundred miles of you..



You're correct sir!


I kinda read through the lines about that, and decided not to utilize the Super Saver free shipping. It could delay the package's arrival for up to 10 business days.

I used normal shipping and it was only a $5.00 charge. Guaranteed delivery within 3 to 5 days. And all 4 season DVDs will be delivered at the same time.


...That's much better. :wink:

User avatar
jup
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1761
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)
Contact:

Re: DVD/Box Set Question....

Post by jup » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:08 pm

The library system does make a great option for catching up on DVD viewing. Right now, I have two seasons of Voyager, the entire series of Twelve Kingdoms, (premium set) and a bunch of other movies. All in all, I'm probably borrowing over $500 in DVD stuff, for no charge and most of them can be renewed for over a month. Though, it is a shame to find some discs that looked like they've gone through a shreader.

Edit: Heh...I just checked to see if any Knight Rider was present in my lib's system. "Don't Hassel the Hoff" was the only thing the search even located. Oh, well.

Locked