The new Knight Rider...why they "keep getting it wrong".

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

BlackMagic84
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The new Knight Rider...why they "keep getting it wrong".

Post by BlackMagic84 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi all, I'm new here, just surfed in and decided to join...

...However, this is the only thing Knight Rider that I am new to.

...Just a little quick background about me...

I "was" and still "am" the epitome of the generation that made Knight Rider popular. I'm getting ready to turn 30 years old in May, therefore I was 5 to 9 years old when the show aired live originally. I "was" that kid that plopped down infront of the TV every Friday night in 1982 until 1986.

Heck, I loved the show so much, I've owned two 3rd generation General Motors' "F-Bodys". (89 RS Camaro and a 91 GTA Trans-AM, and I still have it.)

Anyhoo, with all the resurgence of KR with the new made for TV movie and all, I've had several thoughts....

First of all, ok, I saw the new movie the other week when it premiered, and to tell you the truth on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate it a 6.0 at best.

Secondly, I thought to myself...."You know, this now is the 3rd (or 4th) attempted comeback of KR, and I just don't think they still can get it right, or are getting it right?

Ok, a little history here....

The show ended in 1986, and the next thing to pop out was "Knight Rider 2000" in the early 1991.
It was ok, but KITT doesn't belong in a 50' something Chevy and what the heck is a "KIFT"???? (That was too corny to pull off IMO) Plus, you kill off Devin Miles??? WHY? The series is over, what's the point?......RESULT: BOMBED.

Then came Knight Rider 2010 in 1994, no "Hoff" and no KITT, other than the tagline: "One man can make a difference", there was hardly any relation to the original series........RESULT: BOMBED.

Fast forward to 1997, they come out with this show: "Team Knight Rider".......and this relied to heavily on selling the same ole' turkey to the public.....it relied on "the car" alone........RESULT: BOMBED.

Now we have "Knight Rider" (2008), and while I admitt it is the best comeback attempt as of yet, they still are missing a few things.

#1 - The name alone of "Mike Traceur" is corny. And to boot, I know they need a "good looking" guy to play the lead role, but they dipped too far in the pages of G.Q. for this fruit cake. His "baby-face" just doesn't match the role.
Michael Knight was a good looking but rugged guy. (Sharpe facal features.) He looked like the kind of guy that could work on a ranch but knew how to spruce up when needed. (The Hoff's puffy hair)
Mike Traceur looks like a Calvin Klien model and scared to get his hands dirty.

.....Hello, Glen Larsen, you know Ben Afleck was available for this role! (just my suggestion)

#2 - Bad choice for KITT's voice. Look, I like Val Kilmer, but a computerized voice similar to that of William Daniels, he is not even close. Maybe a food dehydrator??? Or coffee maker!

#3 - Cutting corner's on stuts and special effects.
Some scenes to me just looked flat out "unreal". Ex. - The scene in Mike Traceur's garage when he and the bookie's got into a fight. It looked like they filmed it with the same technology they use in Soap Operas. Of course they (Larsen and NBC) also done this in the original series. Why can't they utilize the philosophy of: "If you're going to do something, then do it right the first time!"

#4 - The heroine of the film, Charles Graiman's daughter (her name escapes me for now), why very attractive, she was horrible at acting. If you don't believe me then just watch the scene of her when she first gets into KITT in the movie and the dialouge they had.......just awful.

#5 - Why bring in this guy that nobody's heard of: Charles Graiman???? Why not just be like all writers from TV for as long as I can remember and bring back WIlton Knight from the dead?

Ex. - Just write in that Wilton had never really died. He did become deathly ill in 1982, but to properly overcome his sickness, he had his own death faked and he relocated into hidding for a period of 20 years or so to protect the identity of Michael Knight and all that surrounded FLAG, but all the while he was closely monitoring the situation of FLAG's causes with the help of Devon Miles' secrecy and confidence. (Damn I could be a great writer!!!)
So now he's come back to resurrect FLAG as it once were.......this too would also allow a better plot of the story to evolve and open up.

.....Uh! I can go on and on folks!

But the bottom line, of my original question....

"Why can't they get it right? Why can't they get a sequel or follow up to the original series to ever truly take off??? Why can't they (the writers and producers) seem to capture that same magic again???"

And here's my answer....

They can't, because when we have something that felt that good the first time, nothing can replace it.

Ex. - A 1982 Pontiac TransAm that talks and does all kinds of cool stuff like KITT did, will never exist again, and never be the same.
David Hasselhoff will never be 30 years old again.

It was new, back then, one of a kind, had never been done before. It set the standard, it set precedence. And anything that follows it will always be measured to that, and so far nothing has even come close.

Most of the "spin-off's" have failed because they heavily relied on what they thought would sell......"the car" itself. WRONG! It was the whole and entire "aura" about the show.....everything!

The Car, Michael Knight, the cause, the villians, FLAG, Devin....all the roles and plots intertwined and had it's own unique charismatic flow.

...They're still missing it IMO.

...Oh, well, maybe they work on it from now until they start the TV series.....if it even takes off.

Maybe we (or rather I) am expecting too much???

You tell me......discuss.

And thanks for reading my divel.

:kitt:

The Shadow
Volunteer

Re: The new Knight Rider...why they "keep getting it wrong".

Post by The Shadow » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:40 pm

Glen Larson was not involved in the production of the telemovie, his getting that Exec. Producer credit may have been a contract/legal issue similar to how Bob Kane's name still appears in Batman comics or how Gene Roddenberry is given Exec. Prod. credit for Star Trek series & movies.

At least part of the reason Mr. Larson was not involved with the NBC telemovie is because he owns the theatrical rights for Knight Rider and has been working with The Weinstein Company on a Knight Rider feature film.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:56 pm

First and foremost, The Shadow is correct. Larson was not involved in any aspect of this backdoor pilot other then trying to stop it in the first place. You will find out more about this in the weeks to come. His credit of "executive producer" was NBCU's way of covering their tracks but do not let it mislead you as with TKR and Knight Rider 2000.

I will post some more detailed information about this in the proper thread.

#1 - The name alone of "Mike Traceur" is corny. And to boot, I know they need a "good looking" guy to play the lead role, but they dipped too far in the pages of G.Q. for this fruit cake. His "baby-face" just doesn't match the role.
Michael Knight was a good looking but rugged guy. (Sharpe facal features.) He looked like the kind of guy that could work on a ranch but knew how to spruce up when needed. (The Hoff's puffy hair)

- I actually disagree, I think Hoff was a pretty boy in his own right in the original series. I think "Tracer" was a better last name then something forced to look unique like "Traceur" but in all my problem with Justin wasn't really his fault but the director trying to get a convincing performance out of him. I think he did well for what he had to work with but his timing with humor needs serious work as well as interaction with the car. I also grew very irritated with the same "deadpan stare" overly emotional stare that seemed to be a running gag throughout the picture. I understand conveying emotion and all but it just felt like a copout after awhile.

.....Hello, Glen Larsen, you know Ben Afleck was available for this role! (just my suggestion)

- Ugh, I'm sorry but what a horrid choice.

#2 - Bad choice for KITT's voice. Look, I like Val Kilmer, but a computerized voice similar to that of William Daniels, he is not even close. Maybe a food dehydrator??? Or coffee maker!

- I agree with you.

#3 - Cutting corner's on stuts and special effects.
Some scenes to me just looked flat out "unreal". Ex. - The scene in Mike Traceur's garage when he and the bookie's got into a fight. It looked like they filmed it with the same technology they use in Soap Operas. Of course they (Larsen and NBC) also done this in the original series. Why can't they utilize the philosophy of: "If you're going to do something, then do it right the first time!"

- I also found the fight scenes poorly timed with the circumstances of the story and awkward in some places but I have to say they at least looked more convincing then the very bad fighting cheoreography from the original show which often felt like watching an episode of the 70s Batman without the sound effects popping up on the screen.

#4 - The heroine of the film, Charles Graiman's daughter (her name escapes me for now), why very attractive, she was horrible at acting. If you don't believe me then just watch the scene of her when she first gets into KITT in the movie and the dialouge they had.......just awful.

- I agree.

#5 - Why bring in this guy that nobody's heard of: Charles Graiman???? Why not just be like all writers from TV for as long as I can remember and bring back WIlton Knight from the dead?

- I highly disagree with bringing Wilton Knight from the dead because it would destroy everything that made Michael Knight the man he chose to be. If Wilton were alive, it would defeat the purpose of carrying on his legacy and being that one man who can make a difference. I also agree that Charles Graiman doesn't come across as convincing to me that he had anything to do with Devon or Wilton.

He mentions "The Foundation" not FLAG, he doesn't mention "Knight Industries", he doesn't have any trace of the original KI emblems or Knight Foundation logos anywhere in his work or his home. The only connection we're really given is a split-second flicker of info on KITT's display screen that states he's a CEO you can only see if you pause the show at the right time. I know people have posted screenshots of it.

Slapping "Knight Foundation" in some ugly standard serrif text on the ramp of a plane that can only be seen when the ramp is lowered isn't convincing enough for me to believe he has any real control over FLAG whatsoever. I would have preferred they explained a son of one of the four scientists built KITT or they could have used the name of one of the four scientists that were mentioned in Junkyard Dog. They just disrespected a great deal of the original source material and only took surface details without looking at the deeper meanings behind the series.

Then there is just his characteristics in general. He's written as this robotics and encryption genius who invents and secures high profile government projects and yet he can't make a firewall good enough to prevent hackers from cracking KITT's CPU. He also can secure all his data on Prometheus, yet for some reason or another leaves the specs for KITT wide open on his hard drives. Ugh...

Ex. - Just write in that Wilton had never really died. He did become deathly ill in 1982, but to properly overcome his sickness, he had his own death faked and he relocated into hidding for a period of 20 years or so to protect the identity of Michael Knight and all that surrounded FLAG, but all the while he was closely monitoring the situation of FLAG's causes with the help of Devon Miles' secrecy and confidence. (Damn I could be a great writer!!!)
So now he's come back to resurrect FLAG as it once were.......this too would also allow a better plot of the story to evolve and open up.

- See above.

.....Uh! I can go on and on folks!

But the bottom line, of my original question....

"Why can't they get it right? Why can't they get a sequel or follow up to the original series to ever truly take off??? Why can't they (the writers and producers) seem to capture that same magic again???"

- Because they're not Glen A. Larson. They don't have the passion and drive to take what worked and make it work again. They want to tell us what they think is "right" and what we should "accept". We should accept that turbo boost for instance is unrealistic and campy. We should accept that a streamline interface inside the car is superior to the flickering tangible lighted dash Michael Scheffe invented and things of this nature. We "should" accept it but as you can tell from various fans, some choose not to accept it or adapt to the changes they've imposed on what we remember as being signature elements of Knight Rider that made it unique.

They can't, because when we have something that felt that good the first time, nothing can replace it.

- I agree to a certain extent that you can't replace the original series, but you shouldn't have to in the first place. I believe there is a proper way to continue it if you pay attention to EVERYTHING that made the original series work and branch off it accordingly, not using revisionist history to continue the legacy but rather working with history and they just don't get it. We fans have certain expectations and their only redemption in my opinion is they fix what they screwed up in the potential series. If there was no series possiblity this backdoor pilot would have been popular for only so long, then filed away with the rest of the poor spin off attempts.

Ex. - A 1982 Pontiac TransAm that talks and does all kinds of cool stuff like KITT did, will never exist again, and never be the same.
David Hasselhoff will never be 30 years old again.

- Only through the magic of dvd.

It was new, back then, one of a kind, had never been done before. It set the standard, it set precedence. And anything that follows it will always be measured to that, and so far nothing has even come close.

Most of the "spin-off's" have failed because they heavily relied on what they thought would sell......"the car" itself. WRONG! It was the whole and entire "aura" about the show.....everything!

- Absolutely.

The Car, Michael Knight, the cause, the villians, FLAG, Devin....all the roles and plots intertwined and had it's own unique charismatic flow.

- Goliath, KARR, emotional impact when KITT was destroyed and had to be rebuilt. You're forgetting to mention one key element that Glen has mastered and that is mixing humor in with serious action and danger that doesn't feel forced or out of place.

...They're still missing it IMO.

...Oh, well, maybe they work on it from now until they start the TV series.....if it even takes off.

Maybe we (or rather I) am expecting too much???

- Glen's working on a motion picture, expect the things that should be there and expect the unexpected.

If you wish to read my exhaustive review of the backdoor pilot which I call right down the middle, I invite you to check it out at the link below. I will warn you it's a very long read but it goes into extensive detail on what I felt worked and did not work.

I want to make it crystal clear that I am calling my opinion right down the line and in no way, shape, or form intending upon condemning or sabotaging what NBCU has done just because of my involvement with Glen's motion picture. I think the backdoor pilot did a lot of things both right and wrong.

http://knightregistries.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5094

=VK=
:dash:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:46 pm

A few points, BlackMagic:

Knight Rider 2000, although not well-loved by the fans, did very well in the ratings. It did not bomb.
Team Knight Rider was neither a hit nor a flop in the U.S. but did do rather well overseas. It did not bomb.

As for your criticisms of the new NBC movie, I'm going to try to apply some of your points to the original series:

You say "Mike Traceur" is a corny name. That's a matter of opinion, so I can't really argue it. But the original series had flying robot soccer balls. Can you honestly say that the original was not corny?

Justin Bruening is too pretty. David Hasselhoff was a cookie-cutter action hero from the time, right out of the mold of Burt Reynolds and Tom Selleck. Heroes were tall and hairy back then and came up with any excuse to show some chest hair. In 2008, heroes are leaner and smoother and yes, a lot more metrosexual. Justin fits that mold perfectly.

You say it's wrong to create the new character Charles Graiman but it would be OK to rewrite history and bring back Wilton Knight? I don't see the logic in that.

Some of the scenes didn't look real. Go back and watch your DVDs. I think you'll be surprised how obvious it is that David is using a stunt double in so many of those fight scenes, or how often you can see the back seat driver or the hidden ramps. I'm guessing you didn't see all of that when you were 9.

I do agree with you that the new NBC show needs to fix up a few things. Some are fairly significant. But it almost sounds like you want them to simply remake the original series. As you say, you can't go back. Knight Rider is in many ways a product/reflection of the 80s. Any new Knight Rider has to reflect today. By all means, we should examine the new Knight Rider very closely and judge it for better or worse. But it's unfair to view it as a 30 year old and compare it to your feelings as a 9 year old. If we must criticize the new one, then we have to be willing to go back and look at the original with the same critical eye.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

BlackMagic84
Recruit

Post by BlackMagic84 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:44 pm

All points well taken guys.

If there's one thing for sure, it's that was all have our own opinions on several different things.

I think the best solution to my problem is to just buy the DVD box set and relive the orginal series whenever I feel like and to hell with all the spin-off's that never give me the same feeling. Or hopefully when Larsen is able to bring it to the silver screen with a obvious larger budget, (for better actors and special FX), then we may finally see something worth being proud about.

....Any idea when or the possibility of that happening???

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:51 pm

The motion picture has a tenative release date of 2010. It really depends on how quickly the script can be revised and polished enough to move into production and securing a car design for the new KITT. Once the script is completed and greenlit, things will pick up significantly and you will hear more about it in an official capacity just as you did with the NBCU backdoor pilot.

It's a long wait but it takes longer to put together a big budget feature for the silver screen then for television.

=VK=
:dash:

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:08 pm

Just for gags I ran "traceur" through a French translator and came up with nothing. I was hoping it was something amusing in French but non, c'est la guerre.

Re: Breuning.... eh, I could take him or leave him. He reminds me of too many college guys floating around campus... you know, the ones that play beer pong and have armpit fart championships and tape up someone's face if he passes out. Yeah, those guys. I think he'd look better with a haircut but... I come from a military family.

I like having KR on the tube again versus no KR whatsoever, and the movie will make things more interesting in a couple of years.
Not many shows have two sets of people trying to revitalize them. :)
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Hawke
Stranger

Post by Hawke » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi !

I'm new here too (I will present myself later) but I wanted to let you know something as my primary language is french (I'm from Belgium, Europe)

Traceur is not really a french word but it's look like it 's been made-up to give the feeling it come from the verb Tracer wich means in slang (argot) driving at very good speed "J'ai tracé pour arriver à temps" of I've "traced" to be just in time.
Originally tracer is the verb we use in place of draw in the expression to draw a line.

I would have prefered that Michael's son to be called Knight but Tracer of Traceur at least in french has something to do with speed

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:18 pm

Hawke wrote:Hi !

I'm new here too (I will present myself later) but I wanted to let you know something as my primary language is french (I'm from Belgium, Europe)

Traceur is not really a french word but it's look like it 's been made-up to give the feeling it come from the verb Tracer wich means in slang (argot) driving at very good speed "J'ai tracé pour arriver à temps" of I've "traced" to be just in time.
Originally tracer is the verb we use in place of draw in the expression to draw a line.

I would have prefered that Michael's son to be called Knight but Tracer of Traceur at least in french has something to do with speed

Oh, okay. I'm more used to Quebecois than European French. "Tracer" sounded vaguely familiar but I couldn't place it.

Hawke
Stranger

Post by Hawke » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:20 pm

My pleasure..

OOps my mistakes we indeed use the word traceur to name some sorts of pens used to draw... but nothing in context with Knight Rider

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:16 pm

Yeah...I just think the "U" was thrown in there to differentiate the name from sounding too fictitious. Traceur also probably has no particular meaning and a lot less actual people with that variation of the name as opposed to Tracer.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:58 pm

Wonder if he got nicknamed "etch-a-sketch" in high school.

BlackMagic84
Recruit

Post by BlackMagic84 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:00 pm

SD_Chick wrote:Wonder if he got nicknamed "etch-a-sketch" in high school.

Etch-a-sketch????

I know what that was b/c I had one growing up, but I don't get your pun?

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:25 pm

BlackMagic84 wrote:The show ended in 1986, and the next thing to pop out was "Knight Rider 2000" in the early 1991.
It was ok, but KITT doesn't belong in a 50' something Chevy and what the heck is a "KIFT"???? (That was too corny to pull off IMO) Plus, you kill off Devin Miles??? WHY? The series is over, what's the point?......RESULT: BOMBED.
No idea why this movie was so bad and so radically different. I'm glad it never went to series.
Then came Knight Rider 2010 in 1994, no "Hoff" and no KITT, other than the tagline: "One man can make a difference", there was hardly any relation to the original series........RESULT: BOMBED.
The ultimate goal of KR 2010, believe it or not, was to reunited Michael Knight (David Hasselhoff) with KITT (William Daniels) in the year 2010 for more of the show we all knew as apart of the 'Action Pack' series. They were ambitious on acquiring the license, rights and former actors. After legal bouts, they somehow got the name and a promise to present at least one episode in AP. The legal system forced this watered down episode of something more suitable for the come back of a Mad Max-type series.
Fast forward to 1997, they come out with this show: "Team Knight Rider".......and this relied to heavily on selling the same ole' turkey to the public.....it relied on "the car" alone........RESULT: BOMBED.
The people involved in KR2010 would not give up on their dream and at least put a dart into the board on TKR. I have my reasons for considering it 'the fan fiction that got an overblown budget'.

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:16 pm

BlackMagic84 wrote:

Etch-a-sketch????

Traceur... Tracer... tracing... etch-a-sketch.

*never mind*

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:22 am

on team knight rider they kept mocking the old series such as " not another "K" car" from KRO and devon miles and micheal knght. the kid in the show "TREK" was so annoying a punk
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:12 am

CJaguar442 wrote:on team knight rider they kept mocking the old series such as " not another "K" car" from KRO and devon miles and micheal knght. the kid in the show "TREK" was so annoying a punk
Actually Trek only made one comment about a "K" car. Other than that nothing disparaging was ever said about Devon or Michael. Indeed, James Marland (Devon's replacement) was critical of TKR's operations til the end of the episode, so if anything the "older" generation was very critical of the "new".
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

ALIEN17
Volunteer

Post by ALIEN17 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:01 am

I think the biggest problem with the 2008 TV Movie was there was hardly no action. What I mean is like in the old show. The closest it came to that was when they were on the highway trying to evade the Ford Edge. Thats another thing, the car can't even out run a SUV? I know it said it could, but it didn't want to endanger innocents. Other than that I though it was good, but no where as good as the show.
KITT- I am the KNIGHT industries two thousand

BlackMagic84
Recruit

Post by BlackMagic84 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:03 am

SD_Chick wrote:
BlackMagic84 wrote:

Etch-a-sketch????

Traceur... Tracer... tracing... etch-a-sketch.

*never mind*

I get what you were trying to say now.....

But an etch-a-sketch allows one to create free-hand designs alone, you're not "actually tracing" anything.

....Must be why I missed the point.

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:00 pm

victor kros wrote: #1 - The name alone of "Mike Traceur" is corny. And to boot, I know they need a "good looking" guy to play the lead role, but they dipped too far in the pages of G.Q. for this fruit cake. His "baby-face" just doesn't match the role.

- I actually disagree, I think Hoff was a pretty boy in his own right in the original series. I think "Tracer" was a better last name then something forced to look unique like "Traceur" but in all my problem with Justin wasn't really his fault but the director trying to get a convincing performance out of him. I think he did well for what he had to work with but his timing with humor needs serious work as well as interaction with the car. I also grew very irritated with the same "deadpan stare" overly emotional stare that seemed to be a running gag throughout the picture. I understand conveying emotion and all but it just felt like a copout after awhile.
I agree that DH was also a 'pretty boy' in his day, but the difference is what BlackMagic refers to as Bruening's 'baby face' - Hasselhoff, despite his bouffant and eyelashes, actually looked as if he'd been around the block a couple of times, had known serious relationships as well as being a playboy, and was old enough to have earned his 80s detective membership by fighting in 'nam. Bruening looks like a college graduate, at best, and Sarah Graiman is neither old enough nor convincing enough to pull off Bonnie's intelligence and gravitas. It's KR for CGI-dependant kids, and instantly forgettable.

Also, yes, 'Traceur' is rather affected, considering it's simply pronounced as 'Tracer' :roll:
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:28 pm

Yeah, I keep wanting to say "Tray-ceeeuur" like the French pronounciation.

And per our friends at justinbreuning.net I just figured out the guy (Justin of course) is from Chadron, Nebraska. (born there anyway)
I mean, there's rinkydink small towns and then there's Chadron. The city limit signs are likely on the same post. Dragging Main street is probably annoying since it's only 2 blocks long and you have to keep turning around.

You gotta give a guy from Chadron some credit for winding up on national TV.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:58 pm

Yeah, knew he was from Nebraska and a town with something like 84 people from an interview he did. Knowing that made me laugh a little during the fuel discussion. :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lauzzy81
Recruit

Post by Lauzzy81 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:20 pm

Okay Guys!

It's been a loooooooooooong time since I posted last time! And I probely not going to be very popular when I write this! (and I do apoligize if my english writing isn't that good)

One thing that has been annoying me for a looong time now is that every time a television/movie company are going to make a Remake/Reimagined/Contionuation af a show or movie, all the Fans of the Original show/movie starts bashing the ideas!

In my mind the new Knight Rider is the best attempt yet to revive the old show and yes I agree it has alot of flaws, but if it gets picked up for a series, they might get some of the mistakes right!

It didn't have the same feel to it as the Original Knight Rider and it will never get it, beacuse alot of the 80's shows had a special feel to them, then modern shows has today!

Sure it's a shame that they didn't use a Trans Am, but guys we live in 2008 and I bet my ass off, if they've had used a "Mustang" back in the 80's and a "Trans-Am" today, we would be angry if they didn't use a "Mustang"!

Let see how the show is going to be, if it get's picked up for a series!

I Love Glen Larson's work and yes I know he didn't have anything to do with the new back-door Pilot, but yet again he is going to make a movie version of Knight Rider and I'm looking forward to seeing it! But it's not going to be Original Knight Rider like we used too, it's going to be a new car and a new Michael Knight!

But is that a bad thing? NO I don't think so! I do think it might create a new love for Knight Rider for a new generation and maybe even the new tv-show!

Maybe like BSG (Battlestar Galactica)! Man the new show is in my mind one of television greatest sci-fi/drama shows at the moment! I loved the The Original BSG and was dissapointed when I heard they Reimagined it, but man I was in for chok, the new show is great and have created a new Generation of fans!

So I think it can happend to Knight Rider too, let us just give it a chance!

P.S. Sorry About My English :oops:

:kitt:

McTrooper
Volunteer

Post by McTrooper » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:16 am

Lauzzy81 wrote: Maybe like BSG (Battlestar Galactica)! Man the new show is in my mind one of television greatest sci-fi/drama shows at the moment! I loved the The Original BSG and was dissapointed when I heard they Reimagined it, but man I was in for chok, the new show is great and have created a new Generation of fans!
Although I think the new movie should be given a chance I think your analogy to BSG doesn't work.
I wasn't a die hard original BSG fan, but the new show has some serious storyline flaws. So much of the
storyline is based on a MacGuffin (or at least unanswered questions) that to my knowledge hasn't paid off.
It's like Lost where you probably arn't going to get a real answer . . or at least one that makes scene.
Why do Cylons believe in God? How was that Cylon in the one guy's head, but it wasn't? How was that one guy
in the Cylon girl's head?
Not to mention why did at least the first season (or so) keep pushing Cylon boobs in our face? I'm a straight guy, but
it makes me kind of sick to have that kind of crap in my Sci-Fi. It's worse (or at least as bad as) the Star Trek's
Enterprise show where the pilot showed several scenes just for sex appeal.

Thankfully this new KR pilot didn't overplay the "sex card". Yes they had two disagreeable scenes. Mike and two women (I disagree with victor kros they weren't prostitutes - weather the script says so or not it clearly plays as
Mike being a player). And the Lesbian FBI agent. STILL these things weren't pushed in your face. They were more of a side thing. More like window dressing than the main story.

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Why do they
keep getting it wrong?
SIMPLE: They keep hiring every producer/writer in the business, EXCEPT for the one they should- Glen Larson. I don't care about what their reasons are, he's the ONLY one who can ever
get it right