08 KR 2h movie?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Re: 08 KR 2h movie?

Post by Shapeshifter » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:09 pm

I know what's true, and I've made my case as clearly as I know how.

There's nothing more to be said.

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:09 pm

victor kros wrote:
Shapeshifter wrote:I will say this again.

Based on conversations with people who were there, the reason the movie clocked in at 79 minutes was because NBC would not give them the budget to make the script they commissioned. That decision was an economic one, based on their own traditional budgets for this type or project. That is not speculation, theory, or spin. That is simple fact. A theory, on the other hand, is saying that Ford is telling NBC how long to make their shows so they can run more commercials. That is theory completely unsupported by fact, and is utterly ridiculous. Then you spin that by trying to denigrate the other side's view so that both have equal weight. They don't.
- You didn't learn first hand nor did you experience first hand how the marketing and advertising was handled, how the script was revised and what Andron was asked to change to accomidate Ford's needs. You were not there in the editing room nor did you sit in on meetings because as you've said before you do not work for the studio remember? You would not have access.

Therefore all you know and have experienced is what people have TOLD YOU and that is speculation because you didn't experience the knowledge for yourself. You have no factual weight to your statements in this subject, only an opinion. I on the other hand have said nothing that is "absolute" or conveyed as "undisputed fact" in this thread", I have as I started out said, "in my opinion", "I think", and "in my view".

I am not saying your information is wrong or correct, I am saying your approach to declare it as fact is wrong and misleading. I don't blame people for their mistakes but I do ask they account for them. That last statement of yours in bold makes no sense whatsoever. I did not say my theory was factual, you assumed that.
The problem, Victor, is that when you pass along information second-hand information from Glen Larson, you do treat it as factual. Yet when Shapeshifter quotes his production contacts, you say it's speculation. Bit of a double standard, don't you think?

You've given this and other boards much information about the Larson project (which is much appreciated), but how much of what you report did you witness first hand? Are you in the room with the meetings with the Weinsteins, or are you just passing along information after a chat with Glen? And what about his legal conflicts with NBC - are you physically in the room with the lawyers when they talk to their client? Don't think so.

Again, could the information from the Larson camp that you claim is factual meet the criteria that you set for Shapeshifter? Fair is fair.
Your response limit for this subject has been reached.

=VK=
:dash:
Congrats on being made board moderator.

Johnathan Kent
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Johnathan Kent » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:51 pm

victor I'm wondering why are you so vehenoment when people state an opinion or may post information that they may have learned....because the way you come across as "my way or the highway" or that your being rude with how you respond to people...I'm not trying to start an argument here, but what I am wondering is...why does it seem that you are angry or come across as a "Know-it-all" when it comes to Knight Rider..just curious is all...
Charles Edward Untz III

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:15 pm

I do not claim to "know it all" nor would I be foolish enough to do so. I am stating that what is said in this thread is speculative at best, none of it should be taken as absolute or factual because it is misleading to declare it as such.

I'm not a moderator, never claimed to be one, have no desire to be one. What I am is in control of whether or not I choose to respond to comments and right now I'm choosing to end my response accordingly.

You draw your own conclusions, I am tired of having to explain my reasons to people who don't understand them.

=VK=

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:17 pm

I already have and your PM is not required thank you Victor...
Charles Edward Untz III

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:20 pm

Fair enough, your question is ignored accordingly. I will not respond to ego or personal attack, not any more from anyone. From this point on I will just ignore it and the people who create it and evoke the foe's list, this way I won't be tempted to respond. No more benefit of a doubt.

=VK=
Last edited by Victor Kros on Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:27 pm

as you wish...
Charles Edward Untz III

killem2
Recruit

Post by killem2 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:48 pm

victor kros wrote:I stand by the disagreements I've made. You say you can't lump the TV and Commercial productions together and yet people point out that they feel the "2 hour" backdoor pilot was in fact a two hour advertisment/production for Ford anyway. Based on the decisions involved on how the Mustang was shot, I tend to agree that when it comes to the car, it was in the same style of a commercial which further strengthens my belief in Ford's stranglehold over the production and length of the pilot.

I will leave it at that.

=VK=

People need to go watch the first season of the original KR. you want to see product placement lol

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:33 pm

I would agree that there was some product placement in the first season of Knight Rider when it came to Pontiac, but that stopped when people wanted a "KITT special edition" Pontiac Trans Am. Pontiac very quickly asked NBC and the production team to quit referring to KITT as a "Trans AM". I think starting with Season 2 they referred to KITT as a black T-Top.
Charles Edward Untz III