Mike's Mechanic appearance at the end.

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Niggle Snoosh
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Mike's Mechanic appearance at the end.

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:56 pm

Niggle Snoosh wrote:
Comtap wrote:I liked it but the acting needs to improve. and what the hell was Michael's old mechanic doing working on kitt at the end that was stupid.
Yeah i have to agree, i thought he was quite a likeable character from what we saw but KI3T surely needs someone better than an ordinary mechanic.
I just watched the new pilot for the third time and something occured to me about why it makes some sense that his friend/mechanic would appear.
Michael Long was shot in the face and left for dead in the Nevada desert, despite his survival he had to have extensive plastic surgery and recieved a new face and had to be given a whole new identity. This was to protect him from being killed all over again and he had to cut off from all contact with friends, family & partners etc as a part of this.
All Mike had (at least as far as the pilot leads us to believe) was his Mum and his best bud before the events of the pilot brought back his old flame/true love , as well as a possible onetime father figure (Charles) and his true father into his life. His Mum is now dead, Charles, Sarah and (hopefully) Michael are all connected to the new FLAG. However he doesn't need a new identity, so doesn't need to cut him self off from his friends but from what we gather he only has the one. Perhaps he just needs someone familar to help with adjust to his new life as a Knight Rider.
Michael Knight's situation made his existance a lonely one, perhaps Dylan's inclusion in the team was a suggestion from Mr Knight himself since he doesnt want his son to suffer from the life like he did.
Dylan didn't look like he really had a life without Mike so would gladly jump on board the program. Plus who would give up a chance to work with a car like KI3T
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Re: Mike's Mechanic appearance at the end.

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:18 pm

Wait a minute. I just realized... Sarah and Charles also work on KITT. So basically we have Mike and the Mechanics?
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

darthknight72
Recruit

Post by darthknight72 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:31 pm

Is it just me but didnt anyone think this guy was a little geeky to be Mike Tracuer's best friend.He reminds me of the kid that always got picked on in high school.Oh well,maybe he can give some comic relief to the show.BTW cant wait to watch the replay tonight.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:48 pm

darthknight72 wrote:Is it just me but didnt anyone think this guy was a little geeky to be Mike Tracuer's best friend.He reminds me of the kid that always got picked on in high school.Oh well,maybe he can give some comic relief to the show.BTW cant wait to watch the replay tonight.
Maybe so, but the popular one and the geeky friend is a tried and tested formula, although i think you see it more with the ladies than you do the men. Zac Morris and Screech Powers anyone?

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:51 pm

You know, the feeling i got at the end was that this group was mike's ready made family, and perhaps that was part of the reason he decided to come on board. I'm not sure how close he'll get to carrie Rivai, but i hope we'll see it develop in the series. In the old KR, Michael, Devon, Bonnnie and KITT developed into a family of sorts, by the end.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:46 pm

Here's what I think...

In comparison with the original series, I think Charles Graiman and Sarah will become like the Devon and Bonnie of old. While Dylan is also a mechanic, it would be also interesting to see him help Mike out in some missions, quite like what RC3 did, he was also a mechanic and yet he helped Michael Knight on some missions. Still on the part of being a mechanic, I don't think it would be quite a good idea to have Sarah tag along on every mission as a repairman, so I think Dylan can fill in that part. Maybe go on with Mike on some missions and fix KITT here and there whenever necessary. Think of it like Sarah's the mechanic on the base while Dylan's the mechanic on the road/missions.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:03 am

In the scenes that didn't make it to air, Dylan was Mike's trusty mechanic for his racing jobs (which is why Mike owed money). As his best friend, I'm sure Mike would look out for Dylan and hook him with a job, especially since he trusts his skill.

I actually liked the actor that played him, so I hope he stays. Lets have Sarah and Charles focus on the tech (like turbo boost?) and have Dylan worry about the tune ups.

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:06 am

makes me wonder how much of Mike's mechanic will appear in the new possible series...also did anyone notice the new plane which kinda reminded me of Team Knight Rider?
Charles Edward Untz III

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:30 am

Yes, there's been several post about it, several by me included. :mrgreen: There's also another potential connection with Prometheus... But I really hope that's a coincidence but I doubt it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

TheMechanic
Rookie

Post by TheMechanic » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:34 am

I agree with BlueChaos, I think Dylan will end up being the RC3 of the series if it comes to that.
I would love for Sarah to be the mechanic, I think she could pull off a Bonnie role very well.
I liked the actor who played Dylan as well, I think he did a good job. :D
Turbo Boost, Baby!

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:13 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:Wait a minute. I just realized... Sarah and Charles also work on KITT. So basically we have Mike and the Mechanics?
lol :roll:

....not sure how many got that Mike :wink:

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:39 am

THANK YOU, Sarfraz!

I was starting to feel really old!
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:14 am

No problem dude. Does help that I've got a good recollection of 80's and 90's music but yeah how can no one not know about Mike and the mechanics!!!!

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:18 am

I read somewhere that the lead vocalist for Mike & The Mechanics is dead
Charles Edward Untz III

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:58 am

We dont know if Sarah really knows anything about car maintenance,repair etc and if Dylan was his mechanic for Mike's racing car we should assume he's pretty capable in that respect. Therefor it could simply be that Sarah repairs, improves on computer stuff ( with her father but he will be split between that and running new FLAG i expect) and Dylan works on Regular maintenance.

AS i expect Charles will have a supervising role he will still work on KI3T's systems when he can or is needed. I think that opens the door for both Dylan and Sarah to tag along in missions Although probably not at the same time.