question about possible censorship in foreign countries?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ck37
Recruit

question about possible censorship in foreign countries?

Post by ck37 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:19 am

Currently I am relocated to South East Asia and television here is quite censored. Watching shows like the sopranos and sex in the city here is quite amusing.

Being that Knight Rider has an international appeal, I am quite sure many countries will want to broadcast it. I know especially in this region, except Thailand, that homosexual and overall sexual content is heavily censored on television.

Did NBC shoot alternative scenes for Rivai and Mike Traceur just in case those situations come up? If you cut the scenes out entirely it does in some way screw with timing and introduction to characters.

Valdez
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: question about possible censorship in foreign countries?

Post by Valdez » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:13 am

The only introduction it might screw up is Tracuer's....simply because it's the very first time you see him for a bit. The FBI agent has enough scenes in the beginning of the show for you to know who she is...at least I feel that way. In all honesty, the scenes probably won't get censored, but since I live in the States, I can't speak to that with absolute confidence.
~The Monster's Loose....:karr:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:13 am

A good-looking chick in a bed with a sheet over her and a picture of two gay men with rainbow shirts (for a split-second on a computer screen, mind you) definitely sounds like it needs heavy censoring to me. Can you imagine the damage that could cause to the rest of the outside world?! :roll:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

ck37
Recruit

Post by ck37 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:22 am

Lol..I know it sounds odd but living here now it really is that strict. Even HBO which you pay for here is censored.

Hell they even tries to ban a video game here with some chick kissing an alien.