Knight Rider 2008 music

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider 2008 music

Post by KFCreator » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:06 am

Looking back on all of the teasers and trailers that NBC put out ahead of the Knight Rider movie, I realized they really skimped on including more of the original theme song in the intro and throughout the movie itself. I really thought that, especially with what we hear in the very beginning of the "Valet" teaser and in some of the other trailers that we were going to hear more of the modern take on some of the original series music. At first I wasn't a big fan of the Intro music used in the movie because you only hear about 15 to 20 seconds that resembles the original theme but the more I listen to it, the more it grows on me. I especially like how the stringed instruments can be heard fairly faintly about 30 seconds into the intro music. Also I thought that the score for the rest of the movie wasn't half bad, though I wish I had an actual score to sit down and listen to really determine how well it holds up on its own. What did everyone else think of the music in the movie?

P.S. Now if we can only get a copy of the new theme song without all of the whirs and beeps and other SFX sounds thrown in...
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

ck37
Recruit

Re: Knight Rider 2008 music

Post by ck37 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:28 am

I think the theme didn't have a catch really. not like the original. there was no mystery to it, it just was beginning and guitar rifts hard core.

The score throughout the majority of the film to me was not fitting at all. Reminded me of the OC more than Knight Rider.

A great score to me is one that gives a film identity. it draws the audience into the scenes. this one simply didn't have that.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:41 pm

I think the overall music in this pilot has leaned towards "The CW" route...
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:36 pm

I really like the new theme music - but I wish more of it (and the classic KR themes) had been used during the actual show itself. One of the things I enjoyed about the series was its consistent use of the themes for scenes of every type (the "Valet" commercial for instance is a neat way they could have done it in this show). I'm hoping if it goes to series we hear more of the theme used in the show itself and not just in the beginning sequence.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:55 pm

I enjoyed the new theme music. I certainly did not expect NBC to go down the rock/techno/industrial route with the theme, but it was a pleasant surprise. We got a little bit of the original theme and mostly a new melody to reflect that it's a new show. Is it as revolutionary as the original? Of course not. Not even close. But in all fairness, how could it be? In situations like this it's best to not even try to outdo the original and just let the new theme do its own thing.

As for the rest of the music choices, 90 percent of the songs were God-awful. The metal guitar during the fight scenes fit in nicely, as did the score during K.I.T.T. and Sarah's drive through the mountains when he's consoling her about death. Also, the song played at the funeral fit well for the scene, as did the song introducing Carrie Rivai's character, too. Every other song choice was terrible. Rather than including some of the punk rock stuff, the original theme score from the beginning would have been better, or any other musical score. I can forgive the fact that the original theme was not played throughout the movie because it was reserved for the final scene. It also helped convey the fact that the Pilot has now paved the road for the series where it can be more similar to the original.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:08 pm

I thought the first 30 seconds of the theme (basically a modernized take on the classic) wasn't bad at all.

But then it just falls apart. I can't stand the cheesy guitar.

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:22 pm

I THINK IT WAS COMPLETELY AWESOME!!!
McKurra: Read it, Karr.
KARR: But I -
McKurra: Read it.
KARR: -sigh- Genesis 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...
KNIGHT RIDER 2020 - a series canon by Knightsong

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:48 pm

good call on the first 30 seconds being good, if they fix up everything after the 30 seconds ill enjoy it more.

my fav part, and i dunno if everyone will agree, but at the start when you see a close up of kits rim and you hear the engine racing....i liked how they did added that in
Ice rider coming 2009

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Does anyone know if there's a downloadable version of the theme online?
KARR: -sigh- Genesis 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...

LOST Knight 3000
Stranger

Post by LOST Knight 3000 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:39 am

What melody played, when KITT was transformed to a mode of attack?

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Sat May 17, 2008 10:31 pm

That's because the composer of the "pilot" also scores on "The OC".
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

Malcolm Reynolds
Stranger

Post by Malcolm Reynolds » Thu May 22, 2008 10:18 pm

I am glad that we will have the same kind of music like in "The OC". I'm still hunted by the songs that played in the "Pilot". What are they???

michael lo....ong
Stranger

Post by michael lo....ong » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:22 am

hi there
you have killed the knight rider theme by doing another song which doesn't sound good,we all watched it and we all think the new theme song sucks. :kitt: its 2008 and yes, there should be a new theme for knight Rider 2008 but not this!!!. the mute gitar parts should be there and the punchee bass lines, but can use new drum tones and a new beat. :dash4:

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:22 pm

Forget you.

The new one is awesome.

Tobie
Operative

Post by Tobie » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:47 pm

the new theme is very bad, it just deosnt work, its too slapped together and rushed, the whole feel of the film and theme is too 'myspace generation'.