TKR and Prometheus

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Valdez
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

TKR and Prometheus

Post by Valdez » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:33 pm

I don't know if they're the same, since were we told the new KR was pretty much ignoring spin offs, but in the TKR episode: The Iron Maiden, a "Prometheus" project is mentioned... In the episode "Prometheus" is referred to as "..a government funded high-tech weapons and espionage tool". I'm not sure if this is topic worthy, and I know a lot of people don't like TKR (I'm one if them), but I thought it was interesting that both shows feature a "Prometheus Project", capable of wreaking untold chaos if in the hands of the wrong people.
~The Monster's Loose....:karr:

Valdez
Rookie

Re: TKR and Prometheus

Post by Valdez » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:55 pm

Edit: Also, sorry for the double post but I just finished the episode. The chip Mobius is after, appears to be one of the pieces for Prometheus, as though he's collecting them......I remember from it's original run in '97 that the last episode featured Mobius taking "KITT" away, if control of Prometheus was Mobius's is goal...then it would appear KITT was one of the pieces to make Prometheus "whole".....I might be reading too much into this...does anyone have an explanation? I'm not trying to rag on the new show...but these similarities, to me, are a little odd?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:21 pm

Yeah, someone must have been watching TKR when the idea came about. I really really hope that's not the case though it looks like it. It really does need to be ignored....

Since you live in Kansas, you should be able to sign up for the Hulu.com beta, they'll probably accept you in a couple days and then you can watch TKR on the site if you have a good connection...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Valdez
Rookie

Post by Valdez » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Well, I'm just surprised that it's SO similar, I've been watching them on that myspace page someone posted in the General discussion area...Since the new KR was not suppose to have any links to the spin-offs...it's a little unsettling. If there's been a discussion about this already, I apologize....I just thought it was an interesting find, if no one has brought it up yet.

This is the site that was posted in General that I've been looking at and found the information on. Prometheus is first mentioned half way through the Iron Maiden episode.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =311325494 if anyone is interested and want to check up on this, the episodes appear to all be there.

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Valdez wrote:I don't know if they're the same, since were we told the new KR was pretty much ignoring spin offs, but in the TKR episode: The Iron Maiden, a "Prometheus" project is mentioned... In the episode "Prometheus" is referred to as "..a government funded high-tech weapons and espionage tool". I'm not sure if this is topic worthy, and I know a lot of people don't like TKR (I'm one if them), but I thought it was interesting that both shows feature a "Prometheus Project", capable of wreaking untold chaos if in the hands of the wrong people.
I really hope this is just a coincidence. I'd really hate to see this new series tied in with TKR or KR2000.
Valdez wrote:I remember from it's original run in '97 that the last episode featured Mobius taking "KITT" away, if control of Prometheus was Mobius's is goal...then it would appear KITT was one of the pieces to make Prometheus "whole"

Then this would confirm that KITT was dismantled and sold off. What's with writers that are obsessed with this scenario?

Valdez
Rookie

Post by Valdez » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:58 pm

knightofthephoenix wrote: Then this would confirm that KITT was dismantled and sold off. What's with writers that are obsessed with this scenario?
Dismantled, yes, sold, no. He was hidden inside SkyOne's main computer terminal. Mobius got onboard SkyOne and snatched him, I can't remember how he managed this (he was in a wheelchair and just rolled right in without the slightest form of resistance from what I remember), I haven't rewatched that episode yet. At the same time he was doing this, "The Shadow" as he was known in the show, appeared and it was revealed that he was actually a hologram. KITT had been interacting with the team as a sort of "guardian angel" through it.

Either way, I have no idea what the writers are thinking if they're mimicking ANYTHING from this show....especially when it was widely accepted that they wouldn't been tying in any of the spin offs. However, if you can stomach the episodes long enough to watch, it starts to look like this is more than just a coincidence. I hope I don't come off as a conspiracy theorist...I'm just going by what I'm seeing.

If they ARE alluding to that show, then it also stands to reason that they will/might include elements of KR2000 as well in their time-arch...which would actually answer a lot of questions, such as what happened to Devon and where's Michael been these past 10+ years. However I am COMPLETELY with you, these two shows should not have ANYTHING to do with the new one. As far as I'm concerned they should actually be DISTANCING themselves as much as humanly possible from those two disasters.

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:24 pm

Nope. Don't think your a conspiracy theorist on this... though I kinda wish you were :?

Nice catch!

Valdez
Rookie

Post by Valdez » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:33 pm

knightofthephoenix wrote:Nope. Don't think your a conspiracy theorist on this... though I kinda wish you were :?

Nice catch!