How to handle the Potiential Series Premiere

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

March2875
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

How to handle the Potiential Series Premiere

Post by March2875 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:20 am

Should a new series get picked up. Would you like to see the series premiere be a one hour episode or a two hour episode? Personally Id like to see another two hour episode.

Should we pick up with the Prog mission that Mike was going on as the Pilot closed, or should it open as if that mission had concluded whether or not He captured the bad guy or not. What does everyone think?

neps
Site Administrator

Re: How to handle the Potiential Series Premiere

Post by neps » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:47 am

I think it should be a 1 hour episode that continues where we left off. In all likelihood - they would re-air the the 2 hr pilot before the season premier to get people involved again.

The one thing that always bothered me from the original Pilot in 82 and Deadly Maneuvers, is Michael goes from not really knowing KITT - to having already had several missions with him. I'd like to see the development and the trust with KITT develop a little more, and not just jump into the future where they are all buddy buddy.

This probably happened in the original series because they didn't often air episodes in order that they shot them - but with shows being so serial now a days (Lost, Sarah Conor Chronicals, Heroes) there should be a definite story arch with these episodes, and make them feel like part of a larger whole, where as with the original series, everything was tidy at the end of the hour.

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:56 am

I'd like to see it start from where the pilot leaves off - because KITT and Mike are both new and beginning to learn this lifestyle. Some additional early character development would be great for them too. The movie had to focus on Sarah as much as Mike and KITT is still in a child-like learning stage.

I'd hate for the series to come back a month or so later in the timeline and miss all that. There's no reason to rush anything along.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:31 am

I see it starting up just as that mission ends with Mike rolling into the plane and getting his next assignment at the beginning of the episode. That's how i see it happening. Plus the fact that to create another set for being in Prague may be too expensive for the TV budget.

HanzenRider
Volunteer

Post by HanzenRider » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:03 pm

I think they can come up with some CGI effect and finding a location in the USA to make the location looking like Prague.

I really dont care how they start the series, i just want to see em in action again. :D :spmgo:
:kitt2:
HanzenRider

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:19 pm

I'd like to see it open with the plane blowing up and someone saying " not to worry mate, we've got a semi trailer in the shed we can use........"

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:55 pm

Yep, I too believe the series should start right where the pilot ended, with the first mission being in Prague. Seeing how Mike and KITT really get to know each other should definitely be a part of the series!

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:04 pm

DrWho2005 wrote:I'd like to see it open with the plane blowing up and someone saying " not to worry mate, we've got a semi trailer in the shed we can use........"
That would be cool, but I feel the Sky-1 thing will only be used for international missions. The semi was as big a part of the show as KITT was in TOS (I would say anyway). They barely had enough time to do the car let alone a decent semi, so I think a newer semi will return for stateside missions if we get a show.

I'd rather have self contained stories with minimal branching arc like the original was. I don't really have time to keep up with shows (although give me this NBC and I'll do my best) so I'd hate to miss a really juicy development and be lost for the whole season.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

MSFproductionsMAIN
Volunteer

Post by MSFproductionsMAIN » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:11 pm

Army_F_Body wrote:
DrWho2005 wrote:I'd like to see it open with the plane blowing up and someone saying " not to worry mate, we've got a semi trailer in the shed we can use........"
That would be cool, but I feel the Sky-1 thing will only be used for international missions. The semi was as big a part of the show as KITT was in TOS (I would say anyway). They barely had enough time to do the car let alone a decent semi, so I think a newer semi will return for stateside missions if we get a show.

I'd rather have self contained stories with minimal branching arc like the original was. I don't really have time to keep up with shows (although give me this NBC and I'll do my best) so I'd hate to miss a really juicy development and be lost for the whole season.
I Agree, I'm really starting to Hate the Story Archs that are in shows these days. I really miss the single shows that had a begining and an end. That way if I miss the next show due to work. I know I can catch it in rerun and see it then. I really do miss the 80's and early 90's shows like that. :kitt2:

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:22 pm

If they do follow up to Prague, I would like to see KITT's shapeshifting ability evolve a bit more. An American muscle car in an European country would certainly attract too much attention for these missions so if KITT could transform into car models that is more suitable to the country he's in (though I don't think FORD would allow that), it would be more believable. Just changing to another Mustang with another color and shape won't do much in terms of camouflage outside the USA.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:29 am

I think they should do a 2-hr series premier, but it shouldn't be an international mission....instead, it should be old school, like something simple. This way, it would not only allow time to explain alot of stuff everyone wants to hear, about the 25 years since the original, but it also allows them to 'phase' in the internaional missions, and make it more exciting as time goes on during the season.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:18 pm

If they do follow it up where the pilot left off I can't wait to see strangely US or obvious back lot or blue screen locations. :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:02 pm

Alias had international plots all the time, can anyone recall if it looked faked? I doubt they traveled often to location.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:21 pm

The location changing is definitely a bold and potentially very expensive new choice. I'm all for not only being in either California, Nevada, or Chicago in every episode of the entire series. I just hope that too much money doesn't go to scouting and filiming in different locations, as opposed to spending it on the CGI effects and new K.I.T.T. features.

One thing that also bugged me about the transition from the original Pilot to the first episode is Bonnie's sudden appearance. I hope no new characters suddenly just appear in a first episode without a proper introduction.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:43 pm

That happened with April too at the start of season two and as we all know, not mention of Bonnie. Then April disappeared without a mention at the start of season three and Bonnie was back.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: