Unlikely Dream Regarding Cobra Emblems and the New Series

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Niggle Snoosh
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Unlikely Dream Regarding Cobra Emblems and the New Series

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:01 pm

Now i know in my heart that this would never happen and their is probably some special meaning to Ford using a cobra on their car that i am unaware of but i just like to sound out my idea to all of you.

Since Ford is obviously keen on closeups of logos and the like i really wish that the Cobra emblems could be changed to a Knight chess piece symbol as used by Knight Industries. if that were the case it would be cool with those close ups, a cobra to me just seems out of place anyway.
Also you could argue it being made available on the market in that way as the KR package or something (much like people were asking for from Pontiac dealerships many years ago)

I know it wont happen but a guy can dream :(
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Re: Unlikely Dream Regarding Cobra Emblems and the New Series

Post by knightofthephoenix » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:12 pm

It's funny you mention this. I thought it might be the chess piece the first time I saw a picture of this KITT.

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:43 pm

Maybe since they were choosing the Mustang anyway, they just decided upon the GT500KR for a couple of reasons.. 1. because it's the fastest, most powerful Mustang available. The standard GT just wouldn't cut it.
2. "KR"? Knight Rider..
3. This way they can turn the GT500 into a standard "more average" GT when into camo mode. Also Ford getting to plug yet another model into thier commercial...
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:42 am

It really should be the chess piece,but i suppose i can live with out it.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:57 am

GN_WS6 wrote:2. "KR"? Knight Rider..
Yep , even though it would be a T/A would it just make you good to order "The knight Rider Package" :D
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:58 am

I would have preferred the badging left off altogether. We know what it is. Could you imagine the KI2K with a screaming chicken hood decal?

The T/A was the ultimate production incarnation (in 82 at least) of the Firebird and the Shelby is the ultimate production incarnation of the Mustang so it makes since to me why they chose it. Plus they are easier to supply than say a Ford GT or some other more expensive and exotic Ford product. Ford could also just cost effectively send out a ton of base model Mustangs to be customized by the studio to look like the KR, like how most later season KITTs, including the SPM car, were just basic V6 models. Let's not overlook the obvious as well, Ford wants to sell cars so like the T/A was in 82, this is something hot and actually obtainable!
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:14 pm

I think the production also wanted to make it undeniably clear that K.I.T.T. was built out of a Shelby Cobra, not a GT. (Despite the fact that in real-life it actually is a dressed up GT.) But if the car has fictitious speeds in excess of 150 MPH (at least that's what it looked like in some of the scenes where K.I.T.T. cruises), why does the model type really matter? I can understand keeping the badges for the normal stock version to blend in, but there's no reason for the emblems to remain on the Attack version.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: